All Time 11 In Your Lifetime - No Two Players Can Have Played For The Same Country or Club.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Lev Yashin (Soviet Union/Russia as per Fifa) [Dynamo Moscow]

Wim Suurbier (Netherlands) [Ajax, Schalke, Metz, LA Aztecs, San Jose, Golden Bay, Tampa Bay]
Franco Baresi (Italy) [Milan]
Vincent Kompany (Belgium) [Anderlecht, HSV, Man City]
Junior (Brazil) [Flamengo, Torino, Pescara]

Jean Tigana (France) [Toulon, Lyon, Bordeaux, Marseille]
Gerrard (England) [Liverpool, LA Galaxy]

Freddie Ljungberg (Sweden) [cba listing all because he was my last pick and I couldn't think of anyone else who doesn't clash]
Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) [Sporting, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Juve]
Gerd Muller (Germany) [Bayern, Nordlingen, Fort Lauderdale]
Lionel Messi (Argentina) [Barca]

paulscholes18

Yashin
Lauren Baresi Moore Capdevila
Matthaus
KDB Socrates
Mbappe Messi Ronaldo

Fullbacks are a bit shit, but can’t think of anyone better

Last edited:

Cornish

Think this works:

-------------------------Oblak-----------------------
Maldini--Kompany--Koulibaly--Lahm
----------------Scholes--Moutinho-----------
------------------------Zidane----------------------
-----Bergkamp--------------------Messi------
-----------------------Drogba----------------------

Its much more fun ruining everyone else's than doing my own :lol:
GK Petr Cech (Czech) / Oblak (Slovenia)
RB Ramos (Spain)
LB Lahm (Germany)
CB Vincent Kompany (Belgium)
CB Koulibaly (Senegal)
CM Zico (Brazil)
CM Platini (Italy)
LW George Best (N. Ireland)
RW Messi (Argentina)
CF Van Basten (Holland)
CF Shearer (England)

what about this?

Although also thinking of swapping Van Basten for Dagliesh, and then swapping Koulibaly for Maldini.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
GK Petr Cech (Czech) / Oblak (Slovenia)
RB Ramos (Spain)
LB Lahm (Germany)
CB Vincent Kompany (Belgium)
CB Koulibaly (Senegal)
CM Zico (Brazil)
CM Platini (Italy)
LW George Best (N. Ireland)
RW Messi (Argentina)
CF Van Basten (Holland)
CF Shearer (England)

what about this?

Although also thinking of swapping Van Basten for Dagliesh, and then swapping Koulibaly for Maldini.
You have a 4-4-2 with Zico and Platini in central midfield! What kind of revolutionary system is this you're debuting in here!? :D

hmchan

This is rather easy. I'd only pick players who are currently playing to make it more difficult.

GK - Oblak (Slovenia/Benfica, Atletico)
RB - Pereira (Portugal/Porto, Leicester)
RCB - Marquinhos (Brazil/Corinthians, Roma, PSG)
LCB - Skriniar (Slovakia/Sampdoria, Inter)
LB - Hakimi (Morocco/Madrid, Dortmund)
CDM - Alaba (Austria/Bayern, Hoffenheim)
RCM - de Bruyne (Belgium/Genk, Chelsea, Bremen, Wolfsburg, City)
LCM - Pogba (France/Juventus, United)
RW - Messi (Argentina/Barcelona)
LW - Mane (Senegal/Salzburg, Southampton, Liverpool)
ST - Werner (Germany/Stuttgart, Leipzig)

One difficulty is that I find many players started their career at Genk, which makes me leave out the likes of Ndidi and Koulibaly. Nonetheless, I like de Bruyne so much that I pick him despite he has played for several big clubs. I also favor Hakimi so much that I have to drop a number of Madrid players such as Modric. Another difficulty is that many potential attackers have played for Dortmund, and there aren't many quality defenders besides van Dijk.

Last edited:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
This is rather easy. I'd only pick players who are currently playing to make it more difficult.

One difficulty is that I find many players started their career at Genk, which makes me leave out the likes of Ndidi and Koulibaly. Nonetheless, I like de Bruyne so much that I pick him despite he has played for several big clubs. I also favor Hakimi so much that I have to drop a number of Madrid players such as Modric. Another difficulty is that many potential attackers have played for Dortmund, and there aren't many quality defenders besides van Dijk.
Quite strange to say that and then produce a middling team, in relative terms. In relation to the brief, is this the best team you can roll out? is the question.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
—————————Kahn————————
—Petrescu—T.Silva—Koulibaily—Harte—
———————-——Ndidi——————————
——-——Nedved————De Rossi--——
—Messi———Shearer——Aubameyang—-—
Auba and Silva = Milan 2x

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Southall
Amoros - Figueroa - Baresi - Krol
Beckenbauer - Souness
Zico
Messi - C. Ronaldo - Blokhin​

Scriblerus

The Kaiser and Pele both played for New York Cosmos.
Damn…..missed that one. Well done……I was going to have Vieira for Tigana, until I realised that Vieira started at Cannes, which is where Krol ended up….. Obviously you would have to keep Pele. So I'll pull Tigana back to DM and slip Gunter Netzer into the midfield, I think.

………..Best……………Pele………..Eusebio……….

……………….Messi…………..Netzer………….

………………………..Tigana……………………….

Krol…….Maldini……..Godin………McGrain…...

………………………..Banks……………………………….

pacifictheme

Like the other poster said, it doesn't exactly wow does it?

NoPace

Only considered players who peaked post 2001 because that's when I started watching closely enough to trust my opinions:

Starting with Messi and Cristiano because not only are they the best 2 players but they also fit beautifully with Messi's through balls from right to left being so good and Cristiano the best target possible.

Wanted a false 9 who is mobile to be the guy who works to help Messi and Cristiano, more like a Firmino or Benzema than a stable 9. Reus seemed like the best option and allowed me to take Alaba at LB since Bayern is still good. But ideally you'd want someone better in the penalty area against packed defences maybe? Not even a big target man, but even a poacher like Aubameyang. I could have taken him and found a different keeper but prime Cech was amazing and I'm not sure Aubameyang would do better as the 3rd man in this attack than a more versatile player like Reus.

Needed an overlapping right back to be the Alves for Messi and got Cafu.

Midfield was the hardest with all the Madrid, Barcelona and also guys like Schweinsteiger, Scholes, Nedved, De Bruyne and Lampard gone, but I like the balance of having a passer and a tough DM and then Silva linking play and getting the ball to the front 3. Almost considered the wildly underrated Bruno Soriano at DM because his 10 caps would have been 60 for Spain without Busquets but wanted Godin at CB and they're both Villareal.

Is my midfield too small? Probably.

Cristiano---Reus------Messi
--------------David Silva-------
--------Verratti----Kante--------
Alaba--VanDijk-Campbell--Cafu
----------------Oblak------------------

Last edited:

BlackShark_80

Only considered players who peaked post 2001 because that's when I started watching closely enough to trust my opinions:

Starting with Messi and Cristiano because not only are they the best 2 players but they also fit beautifully with Messi's through balls from right to left being so good and Cristiano the best target possible.

Wanted a false 9 who is mobile to be the guy who works to help Messi and Cristiano, more like a Firmino or Benzema than a stable 9. Reus seemed like the best option and allowed me to take Alaba at LB since Bayern is still good. But ideally you'd want someone better in the penalty area against packed defences maybe? Not even a big target man, but even a poacher like Aubameyang. I could have taken him and found a different keeper but prime Cech was amazing and I'm not sure Aubameyang would do better as the 3rd man in this attack than a more versatile player like Reus.

Needed an overlapping right back to be the Alves for Messi and got Cafu.

Midfield was the hardest with all the Madrid, Barcelona and also guys like Schweinsteiger, Scholes, Nedved, De Bruyne and Lampard gone, but I like the balance of having a passer and a tough DM and then Silva linking play and getting the ball to the front 3. Almost considered the wildly underrated Bruno Soriano at DM because his 10 caps would have been 60 for Spain without Busquets but wanted Godin at CB and they're both Villareal.

Cristiano---Reus------Messi
--------------David Silva-------
--------Verratti---DeRossi---------
Alaba--VanDijk-Godin--Cafu
----------------Cech------------------
Verratti and De Rossi are from same country.

hmchan

Quite strange to say that and then produce a middling team, in relative terms. In relation to the brief, is this the best team you can roll out? is the question.
I said it's easy if we don't add restrictions to the rules. There's over a century of football we are talking about and there're plenty of candidates to discuss. Football has also evolved over the years and it's virtually impossible to compare players born in different eras playing in different systems. That's why I limit my choices down to current players only and I'm truly welcome if you name a better 11 than me.

Of course it's a middling team as compared to those real legends in football such as Pele mentioned above. But considering recent form and those limitations, I don't think my 11 is really that awful. Oblak, Alaba, de Bruyne, Pogba, Messi and Mane are one of the best players in their respective positions nowadays, if not the best anyway. Pereira and Hakimi aren't as well-known as Arnold and Robertson, but statistically they have been excellent. I admit the CB positions look vulnerable but as I've said, there aren't many quality defenders out there. You may argue I should include van Dijk and Ronaldo at all costs but I personally don't agree.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
Oblak
Lahm - Nesta - Carvalho - Robertson
Fernandinho
Keane - Modric
Messi - Shearer - Mbappe​

Quite hard and probably missed some obvious choices.
Carvalho and Modric played for Real Madrid.

Tel074

Oblak

Hansen Baresi. Lahm

Zidane Dunga Keane Bergkamp

Maradona Shearer Drogba

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I said it's easy if we don't add restrictions to the rules. There's over a century of football we are talking about and there're plenty of candidates to discuss. Football has also evolved over the years and it's virtually impossible to compare players born in different eras playing in different systems. That's why I limit my choices down to current players only and I'm truly welcome if you name a better 11 than me.

Of course it's a middling team as compared to those real legends in football such as Pele mentioned above. But considering recent form and those limitations, I don't think my 11 is really that awful. Oblak, Alaba, de Bruyne, Pogba, Messi and Mane are one of the best players in their respective positions nowadays, if not the best anyway. Pereira and Hakimi aren't as well-known as Arnold and Robertson, but statistically they have been excellent. I admit the CB positions look vulnerable but as I've said, there aren't many quality defenders out there. You may argue I should include van Dijk and Ronaldo at all costs but I personally don't agree.
Only if you're a 100 years old!

The brief states 'in your lifetime,' so your birth year onwards.

Apart from Oblak, Messi and C.Ronaldo, I think the teams being listed are rather diverse. As it's also a partially subjective exercise (some are not universally agreed upon as gods of the game relative to others) it is producing a broad range of players.

If you want to challenge yourself, come up with more than one team with no overlap from one to the other. Further still, as another challenge, reduce an xi to half a decade segments (say, 2015-2020, for example), and the 'fun' really begins.

NoPace

Hakimi is not this good a left back in a 4 man setup, I think you gotta throw Alaba back at LB and find a DM with more experience running a midfield anyways since Pogba and De Bruyne aren't exactly Modric and Kroos in terms of responsiblity and defending and conducting play.

NoPace

A friend's submission:

Cristiano Ronaldo-----Drogba---------Messi----
----Nainggolan---Gilberto Silva---David Silva-
Maldini-------------King--------VanDijk--------Lahm
--------------------------------Oblak--------------------------

VP

This was interesting:

------------K. Schmeichel------------
Lahm----Godin----De Ligt-----Maldini
------KDB-------Keane------Modric-----
Messi-------Shearer---------Mane

I think that's quite nicely balanced without any glaring weaknesses (unless of course I've missed some overlap)

Edit: just realised both Shearer and Mane played for Southampton, ffs

Last edited:

Tony Banta

Last Man Standing champion 2023/24
This was interesting:

I think that's quite nicely balanced without any glaring weaknesses (unless of course I've missed some overlap)
You have an overlap...

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
This was interesting:

Edit: just realised both Shearer and Mane played for Southampton, ffs
Kasper and KDB too.

Redcy

—————————Southall————————
——Maldini—Godín—koulibaly—Suurbier
—————————Keane——————————
————Zidane————Zico——
—Messi———Shearer——B Laudrup

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
—————————Southall————————
——Maldini—Godín—koulibaly—Suurbier
—————————Keane——————————
————Zidane————Zico——
—Messi———Shearer——B Laudrup
Maldini and God both played at Milan together. He also played at Suurbier's Ajax.