All Time Great Managers Draft

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Don't worry, you don't stand a chance :p

Ideally I'd go for the end of the week if it suits you — Friday to Sunday, as I want to make a good post on Lobanovsky (and there's a good chance that it's going to be my only chance of presenting him). I have a hectic schedule in the upcoming days. @Fortitude
:D

Friday probably preferred as a whole week is a long time!

My write up? ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK! :D

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Although they were our biggest challengers for the 5th spot (not that we should settle for that), I feel so sorry for them. They don't have the resources of Spurs and Wolves and they've completely lost the momentum, which was their chance to try to get the CL spot (assuming City's ban stands). It wouldn't surprise me if they end up around 10th, although, objectively, it would still be a pretty nice place for them.
Yeah I feel sorry for them, been a joy to watch all season. If it means we make CL though I'll take it.

Match OP template

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Here's the template for the match OP. Simply a quick overview on your manager/team blueprint, your attempt to reproduce it & potential setup alterations.

You're free in how you fill out the template, but make sure to provide all basic information. I put in fictional examples as an illustration.

Design the rest of the match OP as you like.

--------------------------

Inspiration/blueprint
fontaine's legendary '71 FC Belo Horizonte Samba Boys
Formation
4-2-3-1

(From the 7-1 victory over Kazachstan that season)

Playing style, tactics
(...)

Player roles
(...)
CF: Jan Koller - perfect fit for the Samba Boys' unstoppable defensive high ball strategy to nullify opposition pressing

Alterations from the original
Alex Büttner revives Marcelo's false FB role from the 2014 WC semi-final, fontaine's boldest tactical innovation

--------------------------

Last edited:

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
No need to submit more than that if you don't want to. (Although it helps.)

Longer write ups go to the (upcoming) manager/players/tactics thread, but you can additionally post them in the match thread too.

Last edited:

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Have created the write-ups thread.

It has no specific function for match discussions, it's for collecting the material posted during this draft. Draft-related content can still be discussed there, of course.

Last edited:
Final squads

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Final squads

ManagerRound 1 (GOATs)Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6
Round 7
Round 8Round 9Round 10Round 11Round 12Round 13Round 14
Michael - V. MaslovA. Di StefanoE. DavidsF. RedondoA. DemyanenkoA. ShevchenkoR. BonhofB. HulshoffV. BezsonovW. RooneyR. DasayevC. PuyolA. SpencerJ. JoyaR. Donadoni
Himannv/Fortitude - SAFL. RonaldoB. SchweinsteigerL. FigoM. BossisD. AlvesD.DzajicMarceloW. OverathS. MazzolaT. FinneyF. HierroR.VaraneE. StreltsovP. Jennings
Enigma - E. HappelM. PlatiniP. NedvědT. HenryC. AlbertoF. CannavaroP. VieiraT. CerezoL. YashinL. JuniorH. ChumpitazJ. JohnstoneR. CarvalhoNeymarJ. Greaves
Raees - U. LattekF. BaresiN. SantosRomárioM. TardelliD. EdwardsJ. MasopustT. BurgnichD. GodinRivelinoS. MatthewsG. NetzerE. FrancescoliU. FillolJorginho
harms - V. LobanovskyiJ. CruyffU. SeelerP. BreitnerV. VoroninM. AmorosP. McGrathH.P. BriegelK. De BruyneC. FerraraS. MaierS. LerbyL. Brady--
Kendrick - F. CapelloF. BeckenbauerJ. BozsikB. VogtsA. CabriniRonaldinhoC. MakeleleR. GiggsN. VidicP. SchmeichelK. MbappeS. BusquetsG. Lineker--
2mufc0 - J. MourinhoL. MatthausR. KrolJ. KohlerD. SantosH. StoichkovS. KocsisG. SounessB. SchusterM. TresorG. BanksK. HamrinJ. RepA. ShesternyovC. Seedorf
P-Nut - C. WilderF. RijkaardD. PassarellaJ. ZanettiL. Suárez MiramontesL. ModricD. LawD. VillaS. CampbellE. van der SarD. AlabaS. RamosKakaX. Alonso-
EAP - C. AncelottiG. MullerR. KeaneA. BrehmeP. ScholesR. BaggioV. VasovicP. EvraO. RuggeriR. KopaO. KahnB. BremnerL. KubalaLeandroN. Stiles
Big D - N. RoccoP. MaldiniG. ScireaG. BergomiG. BatistutaZ. ZidaneC. GentileB. ContiA. Del PieroG. BuffonD. DeschampsS. BagniR. FerriF. CausioD. Simeone
Moby - A. SacchiE. FigueroaB. RobsonZ. BoniekXaviF. GentoA. IniestaV. van DijkM. KaltzD. BeckhamE. AbidalA. ZubizarretaR. Lewandoski--
crappy - B. GuttmannG. BestB. MooreL. ThuramDidiK.-H. SchnellingerRivaldoA. PirloR. van NistelrooyJairzinhoJ. L. ChilavertZitoD. McGrain--
Gio - M. LippiC. RonaldoJ. NeeskensFalcaoK-H. ForsterL. RivaE. GeretsI. NettoL. SuárezM. LaudrupD. ZoffJ. SantamariaA. BenarrivoJ.A. CamachoR. Rosato
Synco - L. FavreM. DesaillyK.-H. RummeniggeJ. TiganaA. RobbenM. SammerB. LizarazuT. SilvaK. KeeganF. RiberyAlissonG. ZambrottaM. TassottiL. EnriqueR. Ayala
Beam - J. KloppB. CharltonR. FerdinandCafuR. CarlosS. Eto'oP. VierchowodJ. LitmanenA. VidalZ. CziborM.A. ter StegenN. GonçalvesM. KempesD. De RossiM. Rapaic
Sjor - T. IvicR. GullitO. BlokhinP. LahmJ. StamA. ColeVan HanegemA. CostacurtaM. NeuerU. StielikeT. HässlerP. ElkjaerH. LarssonEdersonK. Augenthaler

Last edited:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Tues 23/6 - P-nut vs Sjor
Thu 25/6 - EAP vs Big Dunk
Fri 26/6 - harms vs Fortitude
Mon 29/6 - 2mufc0 vs Synco

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Didn't EAP once pose with Kenny Dalglish in a Liverpool jersey? :wenger:
There was definitely picture with Salah, but I’m sure that it wasn’t the only one. I remember his argument — wouldn’t you do it if it was for free?

No, I wouldn’t.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Tue 23/6 - P-nut vs Sjor
Fri 26/6 - harms vs Fortitude
Sun 28/6 - Michael vs Raees
Sun 28/6 - EAP vs Big Dunk
Mon 29/6 - 2mufc0 vs Synco
Tue 30/6 - crappy vs Kendrick
Tue 30/6 Gio vs Beam (tbc)

@Moby:
weekend I'm off, but can do any weekday from monday on.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
@Raees
Michael has sent his OP, I'll start the thread as soon as your's in.

I may be unavailable for some time in the afternoon, I'd pass the OPs on then.