All time ODI Draft

prath92

I'm in class now. Will get back home in about 30 mins or so. I'll send in about another hour from then?

NM

I said I wouldn't be able to play until the weekend. If you guys want to ignore that some of us have life, school or jobs, then go ahead. Not everybody can do weekdays all the time

prath92

Jesus, there should be some compromise here.
its ok. NM has put something and I'll send it in a few mins. Anyway it doesnt matter much anyway, as it looks like we are underdogs with people blaming us for some kind of travesty for winning a SF game and has vowed to vote for KM, whatever that proves. So might as well get it over with.

Skizzo

its ok. NM has put something and I'll send it in a few mins. Anyway it doesnt matter much anyway, as it looks like we are underdogs with people blaming us for some kind of travesty for winning a SF game and has vowed to vote for KM, whatever that proves. So might as well get it over with.
Well between you crying about Crappy's vote, and KM crying about Donaldo's vote...I don't know who I'm going to give my sympathy vote to now :p

prath92

Well between you crying about Crappy's vote, and KM crying about Donaldo's vote...I don't know who I'm going to give my sympathy vote to now :p
nah crappy seems ok with it. There are others ;). Check previous posts :p

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
:lol:

prath92

Was a fun draft this. In the test draft I hardly knew players so it was refreshing to see known players :p. Was fun finding out about different players like Fanie Devilliers, Simon O'Donnell and many others who I hadnt known much before the draft as well. Very enjoyable and the player picking especially was super fun. I think I know the timezones by heart now.

Was also organized well by a combination of @Skills @Edgar Allan Pillow @Ijazz17 @Akshay and @MJJ. Some fun game and though it became controversial and heaated at times still saw some close games and some good discussions. Should have more ODI drafts :p

Boycott

Aye was good fun. Loved the test draft as it's cricket in its purest sense plus discussions went beyond stat abuse!!

Perhaps we could play around with test drafts. 130 years of history means there's variety to be had.

Example: max 2 players from the same test playing nation. min 20 tests each player

or no team mates draft (clue is in the name, 11 players who never played together in test cricket). That keeps the Aussie invincibles, Windies and Aus 90-00s seperated.

NM

I like @Boycott idea, but I'm stepping away fora bit. Not doing 2020 draft. Might do a test one if we ever go back there

Mani

Aye was good fun. Loved the test draft as it's cricket in its purest sense plus discussions went beyond stat abuse!!

Perhaps we could play around with test drafts. 130 years of history means there's variety to be had.

Example: max 2 players from the same test playing nation. min 20 tests each player

or no team mates draft (clue is in the name, 11 players who never played together in test cricket). That keeps the Aussie invincibles, Windies and Aus 90-00s seperated.
I like this idea,in fact test is the best tool to analyse batsmen or bowler.And no mates means every team out there would have equal chance to come with decent squad.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
If there are enough people interested, I can host test draft and we can improve on criteria. Last time with sheep draft and so many blocks, there was real danger of exhausting good players if we maintained criteria like 'players with debut after 1960.'

prath92

If there are enough people interested, I can host test draft and we can improve on criteria. Last time with sheep draft and so many blocks, there was real danger of exhausting good players if we maintained criteria like 'players with debut after 1960.'
yeah, but start after may?

NM

I'd be in for this one if it isn't for a few weeks

Norris

Totally in. I thought the Test drafts were excellent. The No Mates one sounds really good. Add that with the criteria's and you will see some very interesting teams and very little blocks.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I do agree though that waiting a bit after the T20 will be good. Just to have everyone interested again. By the time T20 one is done, there would be 3 back to back drafts. That said, if we do get enough interest, then we can do immediately too.

Mani

I do agree though that waiting a bit after the T20 will be good. Just to have everyone interested again. By the time T20 one is done, there would be 3 back to back drafts. That said, if we do get enough interest, then we can do immediately too.
Count me in.

Skills

Snitch
We should do a super over draft, after the t20 one. 2 batsmen 1 bowler and a keeper each.

Boycott

in

Norris

We should do a super over draft, after the t20 one. 2 batsmen 1 bowler and a keeper each.
You know, after today's super over in that T20 game, this might not be a bad idea. But not with Votes or anything and the players chosen being a mere formality, but more like a Rock-Paper-Scissors sort of draft. Players PM'ing a mod how each bowl will play out and with some expert commentary, it will be a fun read. There can be a lot of mind games too, with bluffs, double bluffs. Someone can add more elements too if they like. Won't even last long, just like a week or 10 days to wrap it up. Just some good overall fun and a few laughs before starting the Test drafts.

prath92

Can we take a 30 day breather? We had three continuous drafts :p. Plus I have exams till may 15 :p