5Pietersen444040.7386.5825/9
6Flower (wk)678635.3474.655/4
7Botham211323.2279.269/014528.543.9643.25
8Warne101813.0572.051/029325.744.2536.32
9Starc42812.2387.351/019522.465.1526.15
10Roberts23110.0464.740/08720.363.435.9
11Willis8310.3852.870/08024.63.2844.94

Why we win:

Opening pair will score quicker than just about any other pair out there. Gayle and Gilchrist over a 5 match series will not be matched as a pair as great as Sachin is. Either one can win a game on their day, if they both come off it's game over.

Balance – Faf Du Plessis averages 55.51 at 3 and Taylor 52.14 at 4. Pietersen over a dozen innings at 5 averages 116 and can finish the game off from there after the early order have set the platform whilst being ably assisted by Flower, Botham and the tail. The plan is to have enough runs at a fast enough rate by the time Warne is needed who can hold his end up and Starc can smash a few quick ones if needed. It's one explosive batting lineup from the off backed up by very miserly bowling plus Starc who is expensive but can rip out a middle order here.

Bowling - economy rate from Willis and Roberts opening and closing should strangle the opposition and compared to our opening partnership that could be the game right there. Plenty of threat from Roberts to then be replaced by Starc with his crazy strike rate if Sachin is still going we are not underestimating his GOAT status. Then you have Warne threatening all the time and also Botham who was also pretty miserly and has the golden arm. Gayle provides a few overs of offspin to control and perhaps break a partnership when needed. Two right arm quicks followed by left arm quick, seamer and the best leg spinner of all time covers all conditions with a backup spinner where required.

We score quicker as a team, middle order averages are better I believe, will wait for crappy's write up to confirm that and his economy rates are quite a lot more expensive I think - we will see anyway good luck crappy it would be a cracking series to watch anyway.

Skills

Snitch
Team Crappycrapperson

Stats:

Batting:
- Line up consists of players capable of playing the big innings in an ODI: Anwar, Sachin, Smith, Taylor and Symonds. Sachin numbers ..... best ODI batsman without any question. Symonds averages 44+ at number 5 so he gets to bat at his best position. Even Taylor has shown for Zimbabwe that he can score big runs and provides cover at 7, he can be promoted to 5 if there is an early collapse.
- Contains true match winners in likes of Sachin, Symonds, Smith and Flintoff.
- Symonds and Flintoff provide the attacking fire power as and when required for late overs.

Bowling:
- Anchored by pace trio of Bond, Waqar, Flintoff and Walsh. Younis is the one of the best ODI bowlers of all time, full stop. Bond's number speak for themselves while Walsh will provide steady support to them. Flintoff numbers just a bowler alone are good enough to get him in any ODI side.
- Ajmal being a late find did not do as much damage he could have in ODIs but I have seen him being one of few spinners to truly trouble Indian batsmen in that format.
- Symonds is the 6th bowling option. Symonds just becomes a bonus, being able to bowl both medium pace and spin if required. Even Sachin and Smith can chip in with spin if required.
- Overall as many as 8 (if not 9) bowling options which is a bit ridiculous and provides one of the best captains of all time with plethora of options.

Mani

That batting order of the Cat needs change,Flower should bat higher up the order.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I like him where he is he's a bit of a safeguard there and when he has batted at 6 he's averaged 48. If the tail is needed to chip in he's the man to hold it together for me.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
oh come on.. I missed this getting started... how is Cat winning...

Overall my batting line up is much better.. none of his batsmen compares to Sachin. Symonds and Flintoff are better finishers than KP or Flower. Bowling wise Warne is key for his team but otherwise my pace trio is easily better. Waqar and Bond are a better duo in ODIs than Starc and Roberts.

Also his 6th bowling option is Gayle, that's it!!! My 6th bowling option is Symonds with additional support from Sachin and Smith. 1-2 of his bowlers have off day and he is in real trouble.

The Cat

oh come on.. I missed this getting started... how is Cat winning...

Overall my batting line up is much better.. none of his batsmen compares to Sachin. Symonds and Flintoff are better finishers than KP or Flower. Bowling wise Warne is key for his team but otherwise my pace trio is easily better. Waqar and Bond are a better duo in ODIs than Starc and Roberts.

Also his 6th bowling option is Gayle, that's it!!! My 6th bowling option is Symonds with additional support from Sachin and Smith. 1-2 of his bowlers have off day and he is in real trouble.
Sorry man but I think a lot of that is a false narrative. Your batting lineup is not "much better" ours wins hands down and you can't hang your towel on one player as good as he was. Flintoff also isn't the best let's be honest. Plus there is no way your pace trio is better at ODI's. Look at the economy rates.

crappycraperson

Scout
Sorry man but I think a lot of that is a false narrative. Your batting lineup is not "much better" ours wins hands down and you can't hang your towel on one player as good as he was. Flintoff also isn't the best let's be honest. Plus there is no way your pace trio is better at ODI's. Look at the economy rates.
Comparing economy of players from 80s to modern day game is mental. Your very own bowler Starc (second best bowler in your team) has economy of 5.15... Must be the worst bowler in your team.... Making foolish arguments to win!

The Cat

Comparing economy of players from 80s to modern day game is mental. Your very own bowler Starc (second best bowler in your team) has economy of 5.15... Must be the worst bowler in your team.... Making foolish arguments to win!
Crappy you argue like hell but your team doesn't back it up. Sorry.

crappycraperson

Scout
As far as batting goes.. best consolidated line up I can come up with

Sachin
Gilchrist
Smith
KP
Symonds
Flintoff

Even if you want to include Ross Taylor, who despite his stats I don'r rate... that's 4 players of mine against 3 of yours in top 7.

crappycraperson

Scout
Crappy you argue like hell but your team doesn't back it up. Sorry.
Good job replying to the argument. You said economy rate matters when your bowler has 5+ while none of mine breaches that mark. Can't argue against that so would rather attack the poster.

The Cat

As far as batting goes.. best consolidated line up I can come up with

Sachin
Gilchrist
Smith
KP
Symonds
Flintoff

Even if you want to include Ross Taylor, who despite his stats I don'r rate... that's 4 players of mine against 3 of yours in top 7.
That's just arguing for the sake of it. Let it go mate, Taylor was awesome how can you not rate someone averaging nearly 50?

The Cat

Good job replying to the argument. You said economy rate matters when your bowler has 5+ while none of mine breaches that mark. Can't argue against that so would rather attack the poster.
You always twist things. Good luck to you. Your bowlers are far too expensive and your batters aren't good enough as a unit. And I certainly didn't attack you get that straight.

NM

Tough call but went with @The Cat .. Crappy not rating Ross Taylor :lol:

Can't believe Sachin is going to lose two games though.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The poll closed half an hour ago. I'd have gone crappy, the batting is fairly even for me and his bowling has more depth. It was very close though, as reflected in the voting.

Norris

Oh damn, just saw this now. Two excellent sides. Congrats Cat!

Mani

I like him where he is he's a bit of a safeguard there and when he has batted at 6 he's averaged 48. If the tail is needed to chip in he's the man to hold it together for me.
What’s the point of Averaging 46 at 6, Zim was below average team with frequent fall of early wkts so he coming at made sense, you already got decent batsmen's, so they would eat most of the overs men coming after them need to be hitter with better strike rate.

Last edited:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What’s the point of Averaging 46 at 6, Zim was below average team with frequent fall of early wkts so he coming at made sense, you already got decent batsmen's, so they would eat most of the overs men coming after them need to be hitter with better strike rate.