All-Time T20 Draft (International Cricket Capt 2020 version)

Skills

Snitch
Welcome to Cricket T20 Auction Draft

Manager list

1. The Cat
2. RedTiger
3. PaulScholes18
4. Crappy
5. Harshad
6. Mani
7. Michael
8. Interval
9. Himmanv
10. NM
11. Di Maria's Angel

Player Eligibility and Team Composition rules
1. All players who have played a minimum of 10 Tests/ODIs/T20s and are in the game qualify to participate in the draft.
2. Maximum of 2 players from a single nationality can be in the starting lineup.
3. Minimum players required in squad are 11, maximum players allowed are 15.
4. Any team that fields an 11 which does not adhere to rule #2 and #3 will be automatically disqualified and lose the match.
5.At any time the squad goes above 15, manager has to sell a player back to bank. The same has to be done before another player can be added to the squad.

Matches will be simulated on International Cricket Captain 2020. It will be a best of 3 series to determine a winner - 1 match played on each a batsmans pitch, spinners pitch and a seamers pitch.

I reckon 99% of legends you select will be in the game, but if it turns out the player is not in the game I will remove him from the pool ASAP and money will be returned to the bid holding player.

1. Starting budget is 300m for a minimum of 11 players to be bought.
  2. Starting bid for a player is minimum 10m.
  3. Player is deemed to be sold if the bid is uncontested for a duration of 12 hours.
  4. Increment of 2m must be done over previous price for first 4 hours of the bid, 5m for next 6 hours after that and 10m for last 2 hours before bid closes.
  5. At any point no more than 30 players may be live on board for bids.
  6. To being with 30 players on board will be populated by TBC.
  7. Below the auction, a nomination ticker of next 20 players to go on board in the same order will be present.
  8. Managers at different times will be asked to nominate x players by certain deadline, any failure to do so will result in manager losing the nominations and the same being added to general pool for any other managers to use and nominate.
  9. Only GMT time must be tagged against a bid
  10. If a player goes unsold from initial list then he will not eligible for draft from then on.
  11. Managers must match the minimum bid price when nominating a player.
Punishments for going over-budget
  1. Case A: All of manager active bids result in the total potential spend going over 300m (or the total budget for the manager at that time). In that case, manager will be fined 10m and starting from the latest bid, the bids will either be turned back to the previous highest bidder or returned to bank to be nominated again (choice of previous highest bidder), up until the point the manager is able to complete his squad per rules and budget. If the same is not possible by just invalidating current bids, then starting from the last player bought over base price, the players will be sold back to the bank for same price, up until the point manager is able to complete his squad per budget/rules.
  2. Case B: If any times due to players bought manager is not able to field a valid 11 then last player bought over base price will be sold back to bank with 10m penalty, with the process continuing till the manager is capable of buying replacements that will allow a valid 11 to be fielded. Note it is possible that manager may have live bids that may result in him being not able to field a valid 11 if all bids go through, in that case any penalty will not be levied until that actually happens. Manager will though have the option to cancel any bid(s) for 10m fine. In that case once again the previous highest bidder will have first dibs or the player returns to the bank.
Selling back players
  • No trading allowed between managers
  • Any live bid on a player can not be invalidated unless player is going over budget in which case above mentioned rules for being over-budget will kick in.
  • A bought player can be sold to the bank as per following brackets:
  • 10m loss for 10-39m players; 30m flat price or a £20m loss for 40m-69m players (whichever is higher); 50m flat price or a 30m loss for 70m+ players (whichever is higher). (if loss results in negative value then that rounds up to zero).
  • A manager can not buy back the same player he has sold to the bank. Other managers can buy the same players.
Reinforcement rounds
  1. Maximum player allowed on board for reinforcement auctions is 10.
  2. 50m will be given for each reinforcement auction to the teams.
  3. Min base price for players for every reinforcement round will be £30m.
  4. Only players which were previously part of auction can be subsequently bid on.

Match Day Rules
  1. Straight knock out tournament, if number of starting team is less than 16 then a team or two may be get a bye to final 8
  2. Every match will be simulated on international cricket captain in a 3 match series.
  3. You won't have any influence on the match tactics outside of the team selection and batting order.
  4. Round of 16, QFs and semis will be adjudicated over two teams competing in a 3 match series played on 3 of the pitches mentioned below.
  5. Managers can specify which 11 will play on which pitch as part of their write ups if they have more than 11 players in the squad.
Pitches
  1. Batsman's pitch
  2. Seamers pitch
  3. Spinners pitch
Game runner (moi) has the final say in case of any disputed. Rules may be further clarified in future.

Last edited:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
In please.

Sorry work got crazy as expected I'll try to host another one later on.

These should be fun.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I'm not playing, as these things aren't my thing, but is the new game any good? I'm on 2017. I trust they have updated literally nothing beyond the players?

Skills

Snitch
I'm not playing, as these things aren't my thing, but is the new game any good? I'm on 2017. I trust they have updated literally nothing beyond the players?
I think the last one I had was maybe 2014? I don't think much has changed since then, so you're better off saving £20

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Have they ever updated anything? I've played 5-6 different ones over the past 15 years and they've all been the same.

They sent me a newsletter just the other day with all their 'key feature' updates and all of it sounded like a load of waffle.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Have they ever updated anything? I've played 5-6 different ones over the past 15 years and they've all been the same.

They sent me a newsletter just the other day with all their 'key feature' updates and all of it sounded like a load of waffle.
They updated the graphics for the replays once. I preferred the older ones.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
You don't have to. You're allowed to select all-time players who've never even played T20.
Oh right. Will it be the case that the older guys with slower run rates will struggle against today's blasters, or have they managed to even it out somehow?

Skills

Snitch
Oh right. Will it be the case that the older guys with slower run rates will struggle against today's blasters, or have they managed to even it out somehow?
I don't think it matters too much but they've given all players a style. Now for the first 30 players on the board and for the rest, I'll try and post it as we go along.

Some examples :
Geoffrey Boycott is 'V.Defensive'
Rahul Dravid is Defensive
Sachin Tendulkar is Avg
Brian Lara is Agg
Viv Richards is 'V.Aggressive'

NM

I'll pass unless somebody wants to team up. No time to do this alone

Skills

Snitch
There's no points having AMs if we can't even get enough players to start this thing

Norris

There's no points having AMs if we can't even get enough players to start this thing
I had to drop off the last draft since I couldn't find the time. Hence, why I prefer going the AM route.

Skills

Snitch
How many are you looking for?
I don't mind starting with 12, but I'll remove 20 random players selected in the last ODI draft to make this less predictable and team building more a challenge.