Allan Saint-Maximin

mu4c_20le

Excellent player- would be a firm fan favourite if he came here. Absolutely terrifies defences when he gets the ball.

The only issues are that Newcastle have no reason to sell and he seems to pick up a lot of injuries.
Allan Saint Martial.

marktan

Hope people have been watching him today. Classic ASM. Looks like a world class player one week and absolute dogshit the next. He’s got terrible consistency. Decision making today has been so poor.
He does but he also tends to play better with Wilson, who's rarely he ever fit. Also see Bruno is missing. There's very little quality in that front 6 of Newcastle.

Will be interested to see how he does with Isak, whose link up play should help him.

IhabX7

One of the best players in the league for the last few seasons. Only a handful of clubs can prize him away from Newcastle, and we're not one of them.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He does but he also tends to play better with Wilson, who's rarely he ever fit. Also see Bruno is missing. There's very little quality in that front 6 of Newcastle.

Will be interested to see how he does with Isak, whose link up play should help him.
there were several moments today where it had nothing to do with who he was playing with. Plenty of opportunities to play an easy pass and he held onto the ball for far too long. Amazing goal but he would frustrate the hell out of me.

MUnchies

One of the best players in the league for the last few seasons. Only a handful of clubs can prize him away from Newcastle, and we're not one of them.
For the last few seasons? How so? Is it because he does some fancy leg tricks. Wow the hype with this guy is insane, for a 25 year old who has barely done anything and can't even get into the France team over Thuram for example.

He reminds me of Ben Arfa and Adel Taarabt, they all look flashy, barely any substance but at the end of the day they aren't top level or consistent.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I things he needs a manager who makes him solely focus his game on getting a decent output return, the skills are obviously there, just needs to make it work, I think he's on the cusp of having that breakout world class season.

Stadjer

Two assists last week and a great goal this week. Seems like a good player but not good enough to convince people here that he is an excellent player.

Reminds me of people claiming Mané was shit when LvG wanted to buy him from Southampton

simplyared

It's a rough diamond we're talking about no doubt about that. However comparisons with Adama Traore are now out of the window. Far better player!
I'm one of those who wants to stick with Rashford but I'd do a swap with Newcastle if you twisted my arm. :)

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Is he just going to sit on their bench for the rest of the season? Seen some rumours about a typical Serie A club bid (loan with option - AC Milan). Surely there are loads of clubs interested if he's on the move, no?

Nero

Is he just going to sit on their bench for the rest of the season? Seen some rumours about a typical Serie A club bid (loan with option - AC Milan). Surely there are loads of clubs interested if he's on the move, no?
There may be, but it would be a load of average clubs. Average clubs for an average player.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
What's happened to him this season? Has his form dropped right off, or have Newcastle simply found they play better without him?

I never rated him as highly as some, but I thought he'd be the one player from the 'before times' (when they became a plaything) that would be safe for a while.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What's happened to him this season? Has his form dropped right off, or have Newcastle simply found they play better without him?

I never rated him as highly as some, but I thought he'd be the one player from the 'before times' (when they became a plaything) that would be safe for a while.
I reckon it is the latter. He never struck me as a team player and was horribly selfish at times. The system Howe implements requires every player working for each other.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

He let the Rashford vs Saint-Maximin thread get to his head, the only explanation.

dinostar77

tactically newcastle are more solid and defensivley stronger with joelinton in the team than saint maximum.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Trent side was full of rumours he was coming here, apparently enquiries were made as part of the Wood loan deal - and then Shelvey rocked up - ho hum