Allan Saint-Maximin

Wayne's World

He's a left winger and we have too many of them as it is

Looks a quality footballer when he's on his game though. Had a shocker against City last Sunday though

SweetRightFoot

He's a very nifty little player. Incredibly quick feet and brilliant it tight spaces. Nowhere near our standard though.

ash_86

Very good player IMO , only 23 years old and already a very very good dribbler and excellent control. Shades of Mane in him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Very good player IMO , only 23 years old and already a very very good dribbler and excellent control. Shades of Mane in him.
Reminds me more of Traore at Wolves

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He looks an absolute menace to play against but you do wonder if he’ll ever get top level forward end product. He has 4 assists this season and 3 of those came last week.

Part of that may be because he plays for such a terrible side, but I still think he needs a sidestep move to a slightly “intermediate club” (at least in terms of play style and expectations) before being an interest of any of the top teams.

Classical Mechanic

He looks an absolute menace to play against but you do wonder if he’ll ever get top level forward end product. He has 4 assists this season and 3 of those came last week.

Part of that may be because he plays for such a terrible side, but I still think he needs a sidestep move to a slightly “intermediate club” (at least in terms of play style and expectations) before being an interest of any of the top teams.
Actually think that Wolves and Newcastle suit Traore and ASM. They both play counter attacking football so they get the opportunity to run into more open space when they’re attacking. Sceptical they’d be as effective for a top side which faces the low block and have to create with little space.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

His style of play would be a lot better in a team that actually wants to play.

he is definitely better than dan James that’s for sure, but not sure buying from Newcastle right now will be very easy!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Actually think that Wolves and Newcastle suit Traore and ASM. They both play counter attacking football so they get the opportunity to run into more open space when they’re attacking. Sceptical they’d be as effective for a top side which faces the low block and have to create with little space.
I agree particularly with Wolves and Traore. Jimenez is his perfect striker to aim at too. So many combinations with those lofted crosses to the back stick.

I think Saint Maximin gets a slightly shorter straw because whilst it does allow him more space, he has the other issue of nobody else on his team being any good at football.

Toni Roncoroni

Really like the way he plays. Loves to take players on and is a joy to watch. Reminds me also of Traore. Mabe he is the more gifted football players out of these two.
By the way, Nice really brought out a lot of good players. (I mean players who played there)

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
What do you make of him? Must admit never heard of him before he joined Newcastle.

Beats players with ease and is very quick. Has the makings of a very good player I feel, just needs to sort out his end product and score goals.
He is a temperamental player, only loyal to managers who treat him with trust. Also loves to engage with fans. Very talented fellow

SATA

He’s great. I would prefer him to Grealish actually. Reminds me of Asprilla really. Flamboyant, unpredictable and incredibly skilful

Kearnkoff69

Very talented player, seems to have no fear at all. Newcastle aren't the most exciting team to watch, but he makes it worth it to tune in if the rest of the slate isn't great.

dal

So exciting. He’s got three kids too who live with him, so probably no partying, reminds me of an 18 year old Ronaldo Although he’ll never be as good.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Great game against Spurs, best player on the field for Newcastle by a wide margin. Always looked dangerous on the ball and Spurs could not deal with his pace and skill, picked out a few nice passes as well.

marktan

Cheeky bid if Sancho falls through?

I'm still all in on saying he could become world class at a top club.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We are talking about 60m minimum. Him or Traore would cost same money.

Ekeke

Newcastle seem to be willing to do anything for money at the moment with this whole takeover thing. I think Saint-Maxamin is a fairly good player with clear room to improve, nowhere near as good as Traore who is already the end product.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Newcastle seem to be willing to do anything for money at the moment with this whole takeover thing. I think Saint-Maxamin is a fairly good player with clear room to improve, nowhere near as good as Traore who is already the end product.
Both are pretty inconsistent and very poor in final third.

marktan

What’s the point? He plays on the left & is no better than Greenwood even if we chose to play him on the right.
He has played for Newcastle on the right this season quite a bit and has looked good there.

R.e. lack of goals / assists, he does actually create quite a bit, his passing and shooting isn't bad at all. The main thing he has though is that he can beat players for fun the way Mane can.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He has played for Newcastle on the right this season quite a bit and has looked good there.

R.e. lack of goals / assists, he does actually create quite a bit, his passing and shooting isn't bad at all. The main thing he has though is that he can beat players for fun the way Mane can.
I still don’t think he’s better than Greenwood. He’d be better alternative off the bench than James though. I’d sign him as a last resort, because we’re one injury away from Dan James starting for us which is obviously frightening.

marktan

Scored a cracker just now for Newcastle. Technically I think he can play anywhere in the front line, he's superb on the ball.

Just needs to add finishing and assists but I think at a top team his output would increase significantly. Last season he was assisting to Joelinton, who really is a decent winger but can't finish well and defo not a striker. Playing with Rashford and Martial I think he'd compliment our front line really well.

I think he'd be very worth a punt at around £40m.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Scored a cracker just now for Newcastle. Technically I think he can play anywhere in the front line, he's superb on the ball.

Just needs to add finishing and assists but I think at a top team his output would increase significantly. Last season he was assisting to Joelinton, who really is a decent winger but can't finish well and defo not a striker. Playing with Rashford and Martial I think he'd compliment our front line really well.

I think he'd be very worth a punt at around £40m.
A punt? At the same price we payed for VDB? A punt is Dan James at 15m. 40m isn't a punt it's someone you sign with the intention of them being as good if not better than what you have already

marktan

A punt? At the same price we payed for VDB? A punt is Dan James at 15m. 40m isn't a punt it's someone you sign with the intention of them being as good if not better than what you have already
Well yes he'd be a risk because he's not the finished product, but it'd be akin to singing Mane for 25-30m like Pool did with todays prices. On the ball he's better than James and Greenwood, he's better than Rashford too dribbling wise (though not end-product in a poor Newcastle attack). I've been watching Newcastle a lot this season and last and I'm a big fan of his.

R.e. the price obviously lower would be better, but given they spent £40m on Joelinton I doubt they'd sell Maximin for less.