Allegri is leaving Juventus

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Good chance he's coming Chelsea?, regardless of EL result.

I think Abramovich has had enough of Sarri with his antics around friendly this week. Plus we're more likely to be successful, without Hazard and with ban, with more pragmatic manager.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I expect Allegri to take a year out tbh, as for his replacement at Juve there were links to Poch a few weeks ago so maybe some legs in that but then dont these Italian clubs generally go for Italian managers? Would be unusual for a Spanish manager to take charge, especially one who has no experience dealing with superstar egos

A high-jack for Conte seems the most likely bet imo with Mourinho going back to Inter
Pochettino is Argentinian.

Wouldn't surprise me if they went after Gasperini. He's done a remarkable job at Atalanta and wasn't too bad at Genoa before that either. He also has a Juve history.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I believe Poch will be a target but he was being tongue in cheek when he said he could leave if he wins the CL.
Well when the reporters asked him if he was being serious, he had said that yeah because realistically how could he ever top winning the CL with Spurs? And I agree with him. I mean if they win the CL, that'll rank as amongst the finest managerial achievements of this decade. He can't really top it with Spurs, so it'd make sense leaving on a high.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Weird decision, should have been given one more year imo especially since there don’t seem to be any great options available.

I don’t think Conte is a big improvement. I only see this being worth it if they get Pochettino. Maybe Pep feels like it’s time for a change? I don’t believe they’d make this decision without the knowledge that they could get a top manager.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Conte doesn't have a crash hot record in the Champions League which is the trophy that has eluded Juventus during their run dominating Serie A.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Allegri isnt somebody we should go after. At all. Good manager but like Mourinho, not suited to United.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Pochettino is Argentinian.

Wouldn't surprise me if they went after Gasperini. He's done a remarkable job at Atalanta and wasn't too bad at Genoa before that either. He also has a Juve history.
:lol:

Course he is, dont know what I was thinking :lol:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Conte doesn't have a crash hot record in the Champions League which is the trophy that has eluded Juventus during their run dominating Serie A.
Shit, then no one has a hot record in the CL apart from Zidane and Luis Enrique over the past 5 years.

The day we stop vetting managers by their records in an extremely volatile competition will be a glorious day.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Pep Guardiola today:
How many times do I have to say? I’m not going to move to Turin, to Italy. I am satisfied working with this club, with the people here. That is how I feel today, but football changes a lot. Next season may not be as good, but I am going to be manager of Man City.

Brophs

The One and Only
Poch to Juve, Allegri to Barca and Valverde to the Jobseekers office.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Call me a dumb prat on the internet, its fine its not like that's not true, I've never really rated Allegri though. I am not going to say its easy to win Serie A with Juventus, there are still egos to control and a squad to manage. However, its a bit like winning Ligue 1 with PSG. Sure you have challenges but there's a 'but' attached. I don't think he's a bad manager but he is a manager that Juve can improve on. I can see why this has come.
I know what you're saying but it's nothing like PSG and Ligue 1.IUn fact, Italy tends to be cyclical so quite often the best manager turns a once-great, now-failing club around. I'd take Allegri tomorrow and he would certainly have been more successful that some of the donkeys we've seen since SAF left. You could say Pep has only been at clubs that were already sure-things to win trophies

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Conte coaching Inter and Mourinho coaching Juve would be hilarious, needs to happen

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Where does this come from? Honestly I have no idea but always though they quite get along, didn’t Cristiano say that one day he’d like to play under Jose again?
They had problems in Madrid. It's all been settled though.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Allegri isnt somebody we should go after. At all. Good manager but like Mourinho, not suited to United.
Agree.

Furthermore, what I see as Juve's strengths is they have a strong committed chore squad-wise and have been very shrewd in the market (with the manager having little to do with that). So give him our shambles of a squad with Woody at the wheel... splendid idea.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Big move for Juve very much needed. They need to have a big summer because that squad is not good enough for the ultimate prize.

UncleBob

Where does this come from? Honestly I have no idea but always though they quite get along, didn’t Cristiano say that one day he’d like to play under Jose again?
Might have been a polite reply to a direct question, haven't seen it.

Would be a bit of a surprise though, Ronaldo disliked Jose from the Chelsea days when he tried to unsettle Ronaldo towards the end of the 06/07 season. Ronaldo never liked his tactics at Madrid, plenty of reports about the arguments they had, Jose feeling that Cristiano didn't work hard enough for the team

Halal Jalal

Once again, Woodward's silliness costing us dearly. Instead of appointing Ole permanently (you can bet everything you have OGS is gone before the next season is over) we could have waited couple of months and hire Allegri.
This guy would have no problems getting us into top 4 and that's the best we can hope for as things stand, because challenging City/Liverpool is impossible.
More importantly though, Allegri has excellent relationship with Pogba and those two together could be the basis for rebuild. Allegri as manager with freedom in transfer market (his transfer history is nearly flawless) and Paul as captain.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Juventus in for a serious change then.
Going for a younger coach that prefers to keep the ball and press high would be my bet.
Pochettino fits the bill, whether he would leave the EPL for Serie A though remains to be seen.

Kapardin

If Ole doesn't do well (hope he does exceed expectations though) and Allegri takes a sabbatical now, you can bet that he will be our next manager. Woodward wouldn't ignore him in that scenario.

Fosu-Mens

Pochettino fits the bill, whether he would leave the EPL for Serie A though remains to be seen.
Many young managers would fit the bill, but Poch is the only one that got the "stature/experience" on the level Juventus would be looking for.

Do not think Poch will go there as long as Ronaldo is there. Does not like egos, and creating the unity feeling is paramount for him.

Infra-red

Utd need to be ruthless, sack Ole and hire Allegri before he gets taken :D
Solskjaer is out of his depth and will do well to survive the season, but sacking him now would be an embarrassment for the board - one I expect they will be keen to avoid.

There's no way we'll replace him this summer.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Many young managers would fit the bill, but Poch is the only one that got the "stature/experience" on the level Juventus would be looking for.

Do not think Poch will go there as long as Ronaldo is there. Does not like egos, and creating the unity feeling is paramount for him.
If he isn’t ready to work with big egos he will never get the chance to work in the best clubs. And who told you he wouldn’t want to work with him?

Halal Jalal

Can see Allegri managing us the season after next.
Very likely (if PSG don't take him first) but we could have hired him now. Ole is still a caretaker manager pretty much, except that he's on a permanent contract and it will cost a fortune to sack him. Allegri could have started his Pogba-centred rebuild right now, before transfer market window opens.