Allegri is leaving Juventus

Ever Moas

Pep will want at least one more shot at the CL with City, he ain't going anywhere

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Wait, wait, wait. Am i reading this right? While we are having totally unknown manager for who we don't have any idea what is his formation, system, style etc...people don't want serial winner Allegri because he is "defensive" manager( i didn't see that in Juve's games tbh, but ok). Bloody hell:lol::lol:

Enigma_87

You know who
Wait, wait, wait. Am i reading this right? While we are having totally unknown manager for who we don't have any idea what is his formation, system, style etc...people don't want serial winner Allegri because he is "defensive" manager( i didn't see that in Juve's games tbh, but ok). Bloody hell:lol::lol:
He doesn't understand the "United way".

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
We just had a serial winner. Didnt really work out.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
By that logic; it didn't worked with wc players Falcao or Alexis so solution is to buy players from Division 1?
I mean we are linked with James from Swansea.

Marquee signings havent really worked out for us post Fergie. We were linked with Mane before he joined pool, and people didnt think he was good enough, wasnt a big enough name. Mane would walk right into this team.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
:lol:

No he's just to similar to jose. Even Juve fans hate his football and they love their defending.
To be clear here, i am not some fan of Allegri. I rated him always as a coach who is excellent tactician. And i think that he proved that many times. But what is up with that that he plays defensive football? Juve played nice football under him. Dominant and efficient with lots of possession. I didn't see much of some defensive football like i am seeing now and under Jose

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
To be clear here, i am not some fan of Allegri. I rated him always as a coach who is excellent tactician. And i think that he proved that many times. But what is up with that that he plays defensive football? Juve played nice football under him. Dominant and efficient with lots of possession. I didn't see much of some defensive football like i am seeing now and under Jose
What Juventus games have you been watching? :lol:

crossy1686

career ending
Doubt it, he seems loyal to Dortmund. After Liverpool, he will probably go to a club like Roma or Milan or even Lyon to carry on his underdog rags-to-riches act there. Unless he decides to take a top club and goes to Spain to manage either of the big 2.
He's already refused to rule out the possibility of managing Bayern once he's finished at Liverpool. If he was loyal to Dortmund and would never manage Bayern he would have said so.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What Juventus games have you been watching? :lol:
I didn't say that they were attacking force. I watched them in 15-20 games this season. They were rarely dominated by some club( Ajax did it). My opinion about them was that they play on result. Dominate on the ball and wait for right chance.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I didn't say that they were attacking force. I watched them in 15-20 games this season. They were rarely dominated by some club( Ajax did it). My opinion about them was that they play on result. Dominate on the ball and wait for right chance.
They don’t dominate the ball though, they barely manage 60% possession at home against the relegation fodder teams... they got 45% possession at home vs Empoli a few weeks ago. No possession team does that. They’re miles better than any other Italian team, dominated the league and it’s possible they’ll finish as the third or fourth best attack.

Allegri became a much more defensive manager as the years went by, he’s as defensive minded as Simeone.

Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, he’s a very good manager. But it’s not hard to see why he’d be far from first choice for a team wanting to play entertaining football.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
They don’t dominate the ball though, they barely manage 60% possession at home against the relegation fodder teams... they got 45% possession at home vs Empoli a few weeks ago. No possession team does that. They’re miles better than any other Italian team, dominated the league and it’s possible they’ll finish as the third or fourth best attack.

Allegri became a much more defensive manager as the years went by, he’s as defensive minded as Simeone.

Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, he’s a very good manager. But it’s not hard to see why he’d be far from first choice for a team wanting to play entertaining football.
Simeone's defending is on another level to Allegri's. IMO of course.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
As Inter fan I just hope Mourinho will not go to Juve, some annoying rumours are growing here….

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
No they don't. They did very few times, but for the most part, his juventus was soul-crushing to watch. There's a reason juventus fans never warmed up to him despite 2 CL finals and several league titles in a row(a couple of whom against a great Napoli side that pushed them to the wire)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No they don't. They did very few times, but for the most part, his juventus was soul-crushing to watch. There's a reason juventus fans never warmed up to him despite 2 CL finals and several league titles in a row(a couple of whom against a great Napoli side that pushed them to the wire)
Soul crushing is an understatement, I love watching Atletico and I still managed to really dislike watching Juventus in Serie A. I feel that they are not as dull in CL.

LimePark

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah apparently some people here don't rate Klopp because "he hasn't won anything" ( apart from 2x Bundesliga titles and the German Cup of course), but they'd still rather have OGS over a proven winner like Allegri.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Soul crushing is an understatement, I love watching Atletico and I still managed to really dislike watching Juventus in Serie A. I feel that they are not as dull in CL.
Depends whether they need a result or not. Allegri is very capable of getting his teams to play nice, high-intensity attacking football. He just doesn't like it because it leaves his team too vulnerable. So unless he needs to attack and has nothing to lose, he'll plan to just shut down the opponent, nick a goal on talent and cruise to the end. Last season he actually let juventus run free and attack and over their first couple months they were actually playing some nice stuff and blowing teams away. Then they lost a couple of games and he promptly went back to sucking the soul out of games

Mastoness

Good riddance. Very overrated manager. If he could he would play Khedira, Matuidi, Bentacour, Emre Can and Pjanic in first 11. Good for Serie A (and honestly, being Juve and winning Serie A is nothing to brag about) but he is not the manager to win CL. I still remember the cowardly play and formation in the first game against Real in knockout stage of CL.

Luke1995

Agent to Juve: try Mourinho, he is the best and available
Juve to Ronnie Ronnie, shall we appoint Mourinho
Ronnie to Ronnie: i'm off
Juve to Ronnie: After what happened at United we'll pass on Mourinho
Ronaldo has no power over board decisions. Thinking that he can control them is naive.

Champagne Football

Ancelotti and Sarri were such huge major successes in the PL! Signing Alegri is still a risk.

Anyways who gives a rats about Alegri when Pochettino might be off to Juve? That would be a disappointment that will be amplified if Ole fails.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ancelotti and Sarri were such huge major successes in the PL! Signing Alegri is still a risk.

Anyways who gives a rats about Alegri when Pochettino might be off to Juve? That would be a disappointment that will be amplified if Ole fails.
Ancelotti won the PL and the FA Cup with Chelsea and finished 2nd the following year. That's a pretty good return.

Champagne Football

Ancelotti won the PL and the FA Cup with Chelsea and finished 2nd the following year. That's a pretty good return.
His time was underwhelming. He's been underwhelming everywhere he's been apart from Italy, where he's absolutely brilliant always. Chelsea were the Man City of the league when he was there, yet stuttered from one result to the next picking up scrappy unimpressive wins here and there, when a lot more was expected.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
His time was underwhelming. He's been underwhelming everywhere he's been apart from Italy, where he's absolutely brilliant always. Chelsea were the Man City of the league when he was there, yet stuttered from one result to the next picking up scrappy unimpressive wins here and there, when a lot more was expected.
Ancelotti's first season at Chelsea was incredible! They scored over 100 goals and played great attacking football..

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
I am not sure you can claim this.

First of all, he delivered the much-desired La Decima at Real. Yes, it does not look like a big deal as they won it three more times in the next four years, but he was the man who did it.

At his other clubs, he won run-of-the-mill domestic titles and performed reasonably well in Europe.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Won double in England. Won CL with Real. Played nice attacking football.
What do you want from manager, ffs?:lol:

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Ancelotti is one of the best Cup managers, and he plays or tries to play good attacking football, but he has lost many league titles where his side were in pole position to do it, he has a tendency for running his first XI into the ground, and bottling the league in the final stretch, not unlike Liverpool.

Champagne Football

Won double in England. Won CL with Real. Played nice attacking football.
What do you want from manager, ffs?:lol:
Di Matteo won a CL with Chelsea. If we go by trophies then Van Gaal is miles ahead of Klopp which is daft. At Milan Ancelotti was king. Milan were the team to be in Europe under him for about 5 years. He hasn't lived up to the hype anywhere else despite landing trophies at clubs that were almost guaranteed trophies whoever was in charge.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sarri in talks according to Football Italia website.

Could actually see a job swop there and Allegri ending up at Chelsea.

Nick.

Erik ten Hag or Diego Simeone to replace him is my prediction.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What about Deschamps? Getting him out of France will probably be cheaper than poaching a club manager and he might feel like bowing out on a high than staying on too long and becoming like Low for Germany.