Alphonso Davies

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Very humble and I like how the article shows how mature he is on the pitch but still a complete child outstide of football.

DannyDee

Really excited for this kid. Hopefully he and David can lead Canada to some international success. And by that, I mean a World Cup group game win and maybe a Gold Cup.

Would be my dream purchase for UTD, although I know it’s highly improbable. So, I’ll just focus on Sancho for now.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Genuinely an astonishing story - to go from being a winger in MLS to one of if not the best left back in the world in less than 2 years is totally unprecedented, I'd reckon.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Genuinely an astonishing story - to go from being a winger in MLS to one of if not the best left back in the world in less than 2 years is totally unprecedented, I'd reckon.
Even more astonishing is being born in a refugee camp in Ghana, living there for the first 5 years of your life, Canada finally taking you in and 12 years later you transfer to one of the biggest clubs in the world.

One year later and your team gets drawn against Chelsea, the team your father always watched. You end up smashing them 3-0 with an awesome assist to Lewandowski.

It's such an inspiring story.
And for all the political mess surrounding refugees, this is truly a beautiful example of someone being given an opportunity and making the most of it.

Also makes you wonder how many kids with potential like Alphonso Davies never left the refugee camps and are still living in poverty in Africa.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Even more astonishing is being born in a refugee camp in Ghana, living there for the first 5 years of your life, Canada finally taking you in and 12 years later you transfer to one of the biggest clubs in the world.

One year later and your team gets drawn against Chelsea, the team your father always watched. You end up smashing them 3-0 with an awesome assist to Lewandowski.

And for all the political mess surrounding refugees, this is truly a beautiful example of someone being given an opportunity and making the most of it.

Also makes you wonder how many kids with potential like Alphonso Davies never left the refugee camps and are still living in poverty in Africa.
Yep fully agreed. Really gives a lot of perspective. Personally I cannot help but admire him; he's overcome so much to get where he is already and clearly has a great head on his shoulders.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

I just wonder how many kids are living in poverty all round the world full stop!

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
So happy to see a few great players turning out for the Canadian national team now!