Alphonso Davies | Verbally agreed to join Real Madrid

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
How is he for Bayern?

What is his best position?

I've only seen him for Canada and he is raw but definitely our best player and just scored and impressed against a woeful US team.

Plays as forward for Canada (on the right and through the center). I've heard he plays wing back as well for Bayern.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
He has played around 120 minutes of football for us this season, so not a whole lot. He's mostly been on the left wing for us, but it's always said they want to make him a left back.

SambaBoy

Needs to decide on a position and develop in that area. He's definitely more suited to LW in the long term. At the minute, it's probably easier for him to slot into LB but he should just get minutes of the bench from LW and the odd start.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
He scored in our DFB cup match today. For our opponent Bochum, but hey.

RedDevilCanuck

Crazy how a player can be made to play as LB for club and Striker or left attacker for country.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Crazy how a player can be made to play as LB for club and Striker or left attacker for country.
He’s Canadian, Canadians are crazy bastards. He could probably be decent as striker against the teams Canada play nationally as he is rapid but for a top European club team you need more than pace and a decent shot.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
He knows that, that wasn't his point.

He isn't a LB, stupid by Munich trying to force it.
I know he knows. My point is: guy is very young, why shouldn't he also be able to fill another position on the same wing?

dablem_10

He’s Canadian, Canadians are crazy bastards. He could probably be decent as striker against the teams Canada play nationally as he is rapid but for a top European club team you need more than pace and a decent shot.
wasnt alaba playing attacking midfielder sometimes almost second striker for austria?

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Piszczek started Striker and became, in his prime, on of the best fullbacks in Europe. Schweinsteiger was a Winger and Van Gaal made him Defence Midfielder...

izec

I know he knows. My point is: guy is very young, why shouldn't he also be able to fill another position on the same wing?
He tries, but scoring an own goal happens when you arent used to it. Just like a FB playing winger can miss a sitter from yards away. To me, it sounded like you were disappointed, but this can happen if you play someone out of position

RedDevilCanuck

He tries, but scoring an own goal happens when you arent used to it. Just like a FB playing winger can miss a sitter from yards away. To me, it sounded like you were disappointed, but this can happen if you play someone out of position
A third of his Canadian appearances have come at LB so hardly crazy. Vancouver also played him at LB at times and he's never played as an actual striker.

You also spelled his name wrong.
A third of his Canadian appearances have come at LB so hardly crazy. Vancouver also played him at LB at times and he's never played as an actual striker.

You also spelled his name wrong.
name corrected.

For Canada he was moved Central against the states and it is almost a certainty he will play as a forward from now on.

Blackwidow

Scoring an own goal can happen. If not him it would have been the striker. Süle had 3 own goals last season. The mistakes in that goal have been done before.

He actually in difference to others on the pitch had a good match today. For a youngster to function in a not functioning team is actually a very good sign for the future development. And to be able to play well in both positions when you are a youngster makes it easier to get playing time.

He will be a very good player. Don't forget that he only will get 19 this Saturday.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Nah, scoring an own goal has happened to many a more experienced player, and I don't hold it against him.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
name corrected.

For Canada he was moved Central against the states and it is almost a certainty he will play as a forward from now on.
He wasn't really. He was given a free role on the wings. We play with one striker and that will always be David or Cavalini.

There are also no signs of us stopping playing Davies at LB against weaker teams, especially if he continues to play there for Bayern. He'll play as a winger against strong teams and sometimes as a LB against weak teams to fit in our attackers who are far better than our fullbacks.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If Canada had Gnabry, Coman and Perisic as their wing options they might use him at LB as well. But if your other attackers are MLS-level players it makes sense to try and get as much attacking impact as possible out of a gifted player like Davies. I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from it.

Blackwidow

In the last 2 matches was really a revelation as left fullback. He really had an outstanding performance against Dortmund were Dortmund thought he would be the weak point.

93.6% passing quote
2 key passes
7 tackles
3 interceptions
3 of 4 dribbles completed
8.7 Whoscored Rating

His abnormal speed especially on longer distances might be more useful as a full back than as winger when you play ball possession.

Sancho looked pretty "old" against him and was subbed already in the first half. But Hakimi and Guerrero did not look much better. And whereas in the first half he worked more in the defense he got more courageous in the second half.

Blackwidow

After four sub appearances and often playing with the U23 team - Alphonso Davies played 90 minutes in every of the last 10 matches...

An 8.22 average Whoscored rating in the three CL matches and a 7.85 average rating from the Bundesliga matches as starter on left back will tell a lot.

This kid is fun. And to see him develop, too.

Blackwidow

What’s happening with Alaba if he seems to be growing into the LB role? Injured or moved to midfield?
Central defense

Süle and Hernandez are injured, Pavard plays right back as Kimmich mainly plays on the 6

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Aaargh thanks bud. I take it Davies will play backup to Alaba once everyone is fit again?
That is to be expected yes. Davies development is really impressive. He gained so much confidence after starting a couple of games and it shows. Alaba‘s contract is running out 2021 if I am not mistaken...

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Is there any player faster them him? Seriously, he‘s got to be top 10 when it comes to pure speed.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'd love this guy as our LWB and Daniel James as our RWB in a 352.

2 strikers upfront and no need to say who that needs to be.