Alphonso Davies | Verbally agreed to join Real Madrid

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Very humble and I like how the article shows how mature he is on the pitch but still a complete child outstide of football.

DannyDee

Really excited for this kid. Hopefully he and David can lead Canada to some international success. And by that, I mean a World Cup group game win and maybe a Gold Cup.

Would be my dream purchase for UTD, although I know it’s highly improbable. So, I’ll just focus on Sancho for now.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Genuinely an astonishing story - to go from being a winger in MLS to one of if not the best left back in the world in less than 2 years is totally unprecedented, I'd reckon.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Genuinely an astonishing story - to go from being a winger in MLS to one of if not the best left back in the world in less than 2 years is totally unprecedented, I'd reckon.
Even more astonishing is being born in a refugee camp in Ghana, living there for the first 5 years of your life, Canada finally taking you in and 12 years later you transfer to one of the biggest clubs in the world.

One year later and your team gets drawn against Chelsea, the team your father always watched. You end up smashing them 3-0 with an awesome assist to Lewandowski.

It's such an inspiring story.
And for all the political mess surrounding refugees, this is truly a beautiful example of someone being given an opportunity and making the most of it.

Also makes you wonder how many kids with potential like Alphonso Davies never left the refugee camps and are still living in poverty in Africa.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Even more astonishing is being born in a refugee camp in Ghana, living there for the first 5 years of your life, Canada finally taking you in and 12 years later you transfer to one of the biggest clubs in the world.

One year later and your team gets drawn against Chelsea, the team your father always watched. You end up smashing them 3-0 with an awesome assist to Lewandowski.

And for all the political mess surrounding refugees, this is truly a beautiful example of someone being given an opportunity and making the most of it.

Also makes you wonder how many kids with potential like Alphonso Davies never left the refugee camps and are still living in poverty in Africa.
Yep fully agreed. Really gives a lot of perspective. Personally I cannot help but admire him; he's overcome so much to get where he is already and clearly has a great head on his shoulders.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

I just wonder how many kids are living in poverty all round the world full stop!

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
So happy to see a few great players turning out for the Canadian national team now!

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Ludicrously good assist. What a player.

Edit - Though the defending was maybe 90% to blame. Barcelona have been abysmal.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Did Bayern get a free shot at signing him? He's incredible.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What a bit of play that was

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Got caught out defensively a few times in the first half but since Bayern went 2-1 up he's been class. Excels in this Bayern side.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Never watch the Bundesliga but yeah, he’s special

Jibbs

When I look at LBs like Robertson and Davis and then look at how shambolic our transfer business has been over the years, and even now we are more likely to spend a fortune on the likes of Chilwell for 60 70 million than finding a gem like them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Only heard of him when everyone was putting him left back in their best world elevens.
Can't believe he's only 19

Chief123

Did Bayern get a free shot at signing him? He's incredible.
He’s an amazing talent mate. Absolutely rapid as well. He’s been running that whole left side for Bayern all season.

After Sancho I would absolutely love Davies at Utd but there’s absolutely no chance we’ll be able to get him. Bayern will want £100m+

Bwuk

Could easily see him doing a Bale and being moved forward.

He is so explosive. Outrageous player.

If we paid 50m for AWB, Chelsea paying 80m for Chilwell then Davies is worth 200m. Just an absolute monster.

mu4c_20le

According to reports we looked at him but our scouts didn't fancy the look of him.
No we offered him a trial... the interest was there, but compared to Bayern we lacked conviction. Maybe we underestimated the MLS. In a perfect world we could've gotten both him and Haaland for under 40m

slored1

Best left back in the world and he is 19. Special special player.

sp_107

When I look at LBs like Robertson and Davis and then look at how shambolic our transfer business has been over the years, and even now we are more likely to spend a fortune on the likes of Chilwell for 60 70 million than finding a gem like them.
He was recommended to us by our America's chief scout few years back many times and it's only Ed's neglegence he didn't come here for a trial as we asked him to come for trial during his Olympics time or something happened

Gordon S

According to reports we looked at him but our scouts didn't fancy the look of him.
Our north american scout rated him highly and urged us to buy him according to rumours i`ve read.

From the MEN:
”The scout, who had previously recommended a 14-year-old Neymar to Chelsea as well as teenage forward Radamel Falcao, filed over 40 reports on Davies in his two-and-a-half-years at United, but to no avail. Their loss was very much Bayern's gain.”

Anybody's Guess

He has to be the benchmark after the season he's had. Just a bit disheartening that our go-for-expensive-English-players transfer strategy has led to a situation where we are more or less stuck with one option that is hopeless in the opposition half and another one who can't stay fit.

croadyman

What in gods name were United thinking turning him down after one of the scouts really raved about him

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's Marcelo with better recovery pace

19. Unreal

Eddy_JukeZ

There were people on the cafe doubting his inclusion in the world XI thread.

He's a monster of a player.

Bobski

Could easily see him doing a Bale and being moved forward.

He is so explosive. Outrageous player.

If we paid 50m for AWB, Chelsea paying 80m for Chilwell then Davies is worth 200m. Just an absolute monster.
Does he need to move forward to be a dominant attacking force. Has great feel for the game allied to his absurd speed and acceleration. The patience he showed for the Kimmich goal was almost as impressive as the skill.