Alphonso Davies | Verbally agreed to join Real Madrid

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
Think he’s a fantastic player. So much ability. Still probably yet to see the best of him either.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Think he’s a fantastic player. So much ability. Still probably yet to see the best of him either.
Sometimes horrible defensive positioning. He usually makes up for that by having the ridiculuous speed to almost always recover from that, but I think if he learns that he could be a lot more efficient as a player. Now he has to waste a lot of energy due to that issue, just imagine if he could spend that energy on improving his attacks further...

SAFMUTD

According to ESPN Alphonso Davies has temporarily stopped training after being diagnosed with mild myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle.

Isn't this the same case that happened to Erikseen?

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
According to ESPN Alphonso Davies has temporarily stopped training after being diagnosed with mild myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle.

Isn't this the same case that happened to Erikseen?
Eriksen/Agüero are different situations. Their issues were congenital.

Davies is just dealing with one of the many possible complications after contracting COVID.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Eriksen/Agüero are different situations. Their issues were congenital.

Davies is just dealing with one of the many possible complications after contracting COVID.
Disclaimer: I really don't want to caues any panic regarding vaccination side effects, but considering - as far as I know - he was vaccinated shortly before, isn't it possible that this might also be a case of the rare vaccine induced myocarditis? Corona being the cause is far more likely, so again: I hope everybody understands what I'm saying here, but I feel like some are jumping to conclusions because they want a certain cause to be the reason. I read about anti vaxxers blaming the vaccine in this case and pro vaxxers blaming solely the virus.
Both seems wrong at this moment and state of knowledge, right?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Disclaimer: I really don't want to caues any panic regarding vaccination side effects, but considering - as far as I know - he was vaccinated shortly before, isn't it possible that this might also be a case of the rare vaccine induced myocarditis? Corona being the cause is far more likely, so again: I hope everybody understands what I'm saying here, but I feel like some are jumping to conclusions because they want a certain cause to be the reason. I read about anti vaxxers blaming the vaccine in this case and pro vaxxers blaming solely the virus.
To be fair, it'd be the same whether he had the vaccine or COVID. Both seem to have the same effects, with actual COVID probably being worse.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
To be fair, it'd be the same whether he had the vaccine or COVID. Both seem to have the same effects, with actual COVID probably being worse.
It seems like vaccine induced myocarditis is a lot less severe than corona induced myocarditis. Basically 9-14 days of resting/medication for it to be healed completely in almost all cases that occured.
Edit:
what I've read about it, obviously. I don't really know anything about it.

L1nk

It is a very rare side affect of the vaccine, that's stated in all the reading materials they give you when you get it, as well as official websites online. I know people are quick to want to cancel you for even suggesting that the vaccine causes any negative effects, but it's just like any other medication so to speak, there are possibly side effects and people shouldn't be afraid to state that because the vaccine is so politicised. He'll get over it, it will just take some time, like any side effect, it won't be permanent

Either way, be it COVID or vaccine related, hope he makes a full recovery quickly

NoLogo

The problem is that many side effects of the vaccine and the virus are pretty similar, which isn't surprising because the vaccine is pretty much a mild version of the virus. That being said, logic dicatetes and studies have shown that the chance of catching most of the side effects that are shared between vaccine and virus are 8 times more likely to occur due to the virus. Check the current Joe Rogan controversy, where he doesn't believe the findings of said study. As long as the doctors don't say what caused it I wouldn't make a guess either way though.

Blackwidow

In Germany under 30 year old men only get vaxxed with Biontech. The chance of myocarditis after the vaccination is 5 in 100.000 men in that age group.

Whereas the chance to get Myocarditis is far higher when you have had a Covid infection.

He just tested negative after having a Covid infection. The chance is by far higher that the infection is the culprit and not the vax.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
It is a very rare side affect of the vaccine, that's stated in all the reading materials they give you when you get it, as well as official websites online. I know people are quick to want to cancel you for even suggesting that the vaccine causes any negative effects, but it's just like any other medication so to speak, there are possibly side effects and people shouldn't be afraid to state that because the vaccine is so politicised. He'll get over it, it will just take some time, like any side effect, it won't be permanent

Either way, be it COVID or vaccine related, hope he makes a full recovery quickly
Yeah, I agree. It's very hard to voice some of these aspects beause of the categorical hate against anti vaxxers. People tend to jump the gun and therefor associate even the slightest critical thought with someone being a covidiot, which I absolutely am not.

The problem is that many side effects of the vaccine and the virus are pretty similar, which isn't surprising because the vaccine is pretty much a mild version of the virus. That being said, logic dicatetes and studies have shown that the chance of catching most of the side effects that are shared between vaccine and virus are 8 times more likely to occur due to the virus. Check the current Joe Rogan controversy, where he doesn't believe the findings of said study. As long as the doctors don't say what caused it I wouldn't make a guess either way though.
Obviously you should never not get the corona vaccine because you fear its side effects. Corona is far worse, every study shows, even for healthy people.

Hopefully Davies recovers quick and this illness doesn't cause too much trouble for him. It's a very serious condition, even if most people recover quickly, but the impact this can have ranges from death to not being affected long term at all.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
In Germany under 30 year old men only get vaxxed with Biontech. The chance of myocarditis after the vaccination is 5 in 100.000 men in that age group.

Whereas the chance to get Myocarditis is far higher when you have had a Covid infection.

He just tested negative after having a Covid infection. The chance is by far higher that the infection is the culprit and not the vax.
Try telling that to Joe Rogan

Blackwidow

I just think that people should be careful if they see that even the young soccer players have problems after Covid infections. And Bayern got really careful with their players, takes it slow and double checks on them. The problems of Davies weren't found in the first examination that took place when he came out of quarantine 3 days ago - but yesterday with the second check.

In December both Kimmich and Choupo-Moting had lung issues after getting out of quarantine and had to wait a week and the next checkup to start training - now Davies. Of the 9 players that were positive last week only Tolisso (and maybe Neuer) seem to have no issues at all.

Normal people do not get checked so thoroughly after their infections...

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

Just FYI that it's called the Pfizer vaccine outside Germany. ;)

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I just think that people should be careful if they see that even the young soccer players have problems after Covid infections. And Bayern got really careful with their players, takes it slow and double checks on them. The problems of Davies weren't found in the first examination that took place when he came out of quarantine 3 days ago - but yesterday with the second check.

In December both Kimmich and Choupo-Moting had lung issues after getting out of quarantine and had to wait a week and the next checkup to start training - now Davies. Of the 9 players that were positive last week only Tolisso (and maybe Neuer) seem to have no issues at all.

Normal people do not get checked so thoroughly after their infections...
You are right, and the point everyone should consider is simply this: Take your time when recovering. Don't immediately start exhausting sports or similar activities once you feel better, but give it a week or two in case you have those unnoticed complications, so that they can heal, too.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not sure that “both is wrong” so much as “both is wright”. Damage to the myocardial after covid infection is long established and was being discussed long before vaccines were available. Particularly with young male athletes. We also know it’s a recognised (very rare) side effect of vaccination. Every time there’s a high profile case the commentators on social media tend to choose a cause based on whatever side of the covid culture war they happen to be on.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Just FYI that it's called the Pfizer vaccine outside Germany. ;)
Just FYI we take great pride in our german brothers of turkish heritage who invented this vaccine, which is why a (normal) german would never even consider saying "pfizer vaccine"

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Not sure that “both is wrong” so much as “both is wright”. Damage to the myocardial after covid infection is long established and was being discussed long before vaccines were available. Particularly with young male athletes. We also know it’s a recognised (very rare) side effect of vaccination. Every time there’s a high profile case the commentators on social media tend to choose a cause based on whatever side of the covid culture war they happen to be on.
that's exactly what I was trying to say. Thanks for putting it into better words!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Just FYI we take great pride in our german brothers of turkish heritage who invented this vaccine, which is why a (normal) german would never even consider saying "pfizer vaccine"
I know. :) The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is referred to as Janssen in the Netherlands because it was developed by J&J's Janssen subsidiary based in Leiden. :)

Last edited:

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
I know. :) The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is referred ti asJanssen in the Netherlands because it was developed by J&J's Janssen subsidiary based in Leiden. :)
don't think we'd take pride in that vaccine though ;)

Red the Bear

Something less generic
And just like that, pandora box's sealing was no more.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid

Yes please. Danke Bayern :drool:

Ole'sgunnarwin

He's brilliant. This Madrid side next season has the potential to be the best I've seen in my lifetime.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
He's brilliant. This Madrid side next season has the potential to be the best I've seen in my lifetime.
No he isnt.

His speed is brillant, everything else is not even mediocre. He makes great highlight videos because the 1 out of 5 times he makes it out of a pressing situation with a nice dribbling its spectacular. But highlight videos dont show you how many times he lost the ball before and after that.

Id be happy if Real would give us 50 millions for him.

When Alaba joined Real i warned some Real fans that he is a great guy with a superb left foot, but if you are excepting a defender that is anywhere close to a Ramos for example, you are going to be disappointed.

When you expect a player with good passing, good crosses, pressing resistance, good positioning or good tackling, you will be disappointed of Davies.
Davies is basically the Theo Walcott of left fullbacks.

GlasgowCeltic

Mendy is a much better defender but yeah I guess this works if they’re sticking with the diamond midfield

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
No he isnt.

His speed is brillant, everything else is not even mediocre. He makes great highlight videos because the 1 out of 5 times he makes it out of a pressing situation with a nice dribbling its spectacular. But highlight videos dont show you how many times he lost the ball before and after that.

Id be happy if Real would give us 50 millions for him.

When Alaba joined Real i warned some Real fans that he is a great guy with a superb left foot, but if you are excepting a defender that is anywhere close to a Ramos for example, you are going to be disappointed.

When you expect a player with good passing, good crosses, pressing resistance, good positioning or good tackling, you will be disappointed of Davies.
Davies is basically the Theo Walcott of left fullbacks.
It is interesting that Bayern didn't actively look for an upgrade in leftback and accepted his mediocre all these years. Theo Walcott of left fullback should have no place to play for Bayern, let alone 5 years.

Does Bayern decide not to renew his contract and sell him in summer, because he is mediocre?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It is interesting that Bayern didn't actively look for an upgrade in leftback and accepted his mediocre all these years.
It's more like he clearly can (and already did) play better than he does in recent seasons. Bit like Rashford - you know he can be great, but he so often isn't, that you start asking questions if you should keep him or can play him back into form. They obviously hoped for the latter.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Let's see here. Bayern let Kroos go - we won 4 CL with him. Bayern won 1 during Covid in the meantime

They let Alaba go - we promptly won the CL and he was brilliant

Yeah, do tell me how he is actually mediocre and you're happy to lose him, bayern fans :drool: :drool: :drool:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Let's see here. Bayern let Kroos go - we won 4 CL with him. Bayern won 1 during Covid in the meantime

Yeah, do tell me how he is actually mediocre and you're happy to lose him, bayern fans :drool: :drool: :drool:
Well, he clearly is playing mediocre. However considering everything that goes on at Bayern this could simply be a case that you guys have to rescue him from the chaos there to make him world class again ;)

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
It is interesting that Bayern didn't actively look for an upgrade in leftback and accepted his mediocre all these years. Theo Walcott of left fullback should have no place to play for Bayern, let alone 5 years.

Does Bayern decide not to renew his contract and sell him in summer, because he is mediocre?
I didnt say Davies is mediocre i said everything besides his speed is mediocre but his speed is insane.
He often has a bad positioning in defense. But most of the time it doesnt matter because his speed allows him to catch up.

When he was 19 everyone hoped that he could improve on his weaknesses. But the truth is his breakout season has been bis best so far.
So its not like he has been disappointing for 5 years, but he has been (very) disappointing this and last season.

Many teams identified him as our weak spot in build up play and often press him successfully.

According to reports we want to renew with him but are not willing to pay him a big salary.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich

No sane Bayern fan wanted to let Kroos go. That was down to Hoeneß blaming Kroos for not wanting to take a penalty in the CL final against Chelsea.

If you think Alabas defense skills are great, im happy for you. If im not mistaken he is even when fit not a guaranteed starter for you anymore, right?

Again, i didnt say Davies is mediocre, learn to read.
And yes, for 50 Millions id be happy to see him go to you.
With an extra 10 of 20 we can hopefully get Theo Hernandez for that.

And im looking forward to that Galacticos 2.0 left side with Vini/Mbappe + Davies, it will defenitely be very reliable in defense.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Mendy was never good going forward but the last year or so he has had 0 attacking output; just doesn’t add anything. Leaving Vini alone. We saw what happens when Cama or even Garcia plays there: much more threat going forward.

Now he made up for this by being a brick wall but that wasn’t going well either for a long time. This season he seems to have picked it up again but one wonders if it is due to wanting a contract renewal.

Either way: I’d consider Davies a big upgrade and would happily take him. We also have a tendency to improve players in areas of technique and decision making on the ball. So hope Davies would improve with us as well. And would love to have his rapid pace at the back.

Just because Kroos and Alaba worked out doesn’t give any guarantee he will of course. But worth the risk I think.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Love the guy and want him to stay.
But the last three seasons watching him have been frustrating. Hardly any development as he still relies on his pace 24/7. You just know that there is all the potential but he doesn’t seem able (yet?) to put it all together.

ForeverRed1

Mbappe and alphonso in the summer is insane. They really are going for it at the moment. So set for the future it’s almost a cheat code at this point.