Television Altered Carbon

Purefoy's pole?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah, he was great.

When season 2 came out, I rewatched the whole of season 1 beforehand so I could pick up the continuity. The acting, cinematography and script all took a nosedive in the second season.

You could also tell that the network had given up on the show because of the lack of nudity and sexual themes. Those things are obviously not important when telling a story. But it showed that HBO wanted to make it more marketable and less R-rated. The show was on a hiding to nothing at that point. The grittiness and debauchery were some of my favourite parts in season 1. The adult themes made Altered Carbon S1 feel a little bit more human (as much as that's possible). Season 2 had none of that.
Yeah the quality really did nosedive. And the nudity and debauchery really did add a special something as well :lol:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah the quality really did nosedive. And the nudity and debauchery really did add a special something as well :lol:
My major disappointment was I sat through the whole season waiting for a few moments of epic (gloriously gory) mayhem from the 2nd book and it never happened..... Shit, we didn't even get the VR sex scene.... What a wasted opportunity.

I suspect Netflix baulked at the repaired budget....

Ish

Lights on for Luke
My major disappointment was I sat through the whole season waiting for a few moments of epic (gloriously gory) mayhem from the 2nd book and it never happened..... Shit, we didn't even get the VR sex scene.... What a wasted opportunity.

I suspect Netflix baulked at the repaired budget....
:lol: i mean, even Ortega wasn't there :mad: