Television Altered Carbon

Purefoy's pole?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
After reading this thread for a while I get the sense the only reason to watch this if I run out of other (better) shows to watch. Still got Blinders s4, Manhunt: Unabomber, and some others in the queue.

Bobski

It is good, a little bit of time to settle on it and I think they did a decent job, but became too visual obsessed in the latter episodes at the expense of story and character building. Not sure if it has been renewed for a second season or if they will follow the less well received sequels?

Found Rei rather attractive personally, though the way her fighting skills varied for the needs of the story was a little odd. My GF wants her hair with the blond streaks when we can buy our own sleeves.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Pleasantly surprised by this. I'm never a fan of futuristic settings and it was hard to understand all this terminology at first. RIP Poe, best AI ever.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Mark Antony from Rome is in it. I love James Purefoy!!

Pilot was epic, I'm hooked already.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Pleasantly surprised by this. I'm never a fan of futuristic settings and it was hard to understand all this terminology at first. RIP Poe, best AI ever.
Mark Antony from Rome is in it. I love James Purefoy!!

Pilot was epic, I'm hooked already.
That's the spirit, don't listen to all the naysayers, it is very good.

peridigm

Was a great show until the last episode. Mind numbing, but the rest of the show was very enjoyable.

Jagga7

I enjoyed it, it was ambitions and had stunning visuals. However I found the plot with his sister a little strange and nonsensical. The murder mystery part was great though and the guy who played Bancroft was excellent, he really had a presence in each scene he was in.

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
I enjoyed it, it was ambitions and had stunning visuals. However I found the plot with his sister a little strange and nonsensical. The murder mystery part was great though and the guy who played Bancroft was excellent, he really had a presence in each scene he was in.
James Purefoy. He is a damned good actor. Done a lot of TV stuff but really needs to do more movies.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nailed it @Jagga7, that's my biggest take, the ambition of it. Between this Expanse, and others (feel free to let me know) it seems like more shows are going all in on sci-fi.

Bobski

Nailed it @Jagga7, that's my biggest take, the ambition of it. Between this Expanse, and others (feel free to let me know) it seems like more shows are going all in on sci-fi.
Which is great because as a genre it offers so much scope for imagination and creativity, as well as spectacular visuals. So much of the Sci-fi on Tv, Netflix and the like is low quality pulp, no real ambition to it. I would love to see how a good team with a budget would take on some of the Culture books, or Hyperion Cantos from Simmons, Niven's Ringworld, Robinson's Mars books, The Foundation trilogy, Blood Music from Greg Bear. Has The Forever War been adapted?

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Which is great because as a genre it offers so much scope for imagination and creativity, as well as spectacular visuals. So much of the Sci-fi on Tv, Netflix and the like is low quality pulp, no real ambition to it. I would love to see how a good team with a budget would take on some of the Culture books, or Hyperion Cantos from Simmons, Niven's Ringworld, Robinson's Mars books, The Foundation trilogy, Blood Music from Greg Bear. Has The Forever War been adapted?
They should do the "Forever War" and "Old Man's War".

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Watched the first 30 minutes and sacked it. It looks to good to watch on my phone so downloaded 1080p and will watch on the TV.

Coxy

Only got 1 episode left - loved it so far - great series!

Dante

Average bang
I watched the whole thing over this last week or so, and loved it. I don't want to fall into the trap of over-intellectualising an action series. It was fantastic for what it was.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just got done with the book, excellent btw. They made some weird changes didn't they?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Season two drops on February 27th.

Over two years since season one, have to wonder if it's another case of Mindhunter and Netflix will let it die and cancel it after.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us

Over two years since season one, have to wonder if it's another case of Mindhunter and Netflix will let it die and cancel it after.
How's Mindhunter S2? I loved season one, very Fincher series. The man loves his serial killers.

Redplane

Sweet. Ended up loving this show way more than expected after reading some of the reviews. The good thing is that S1 is still fresh in my memory as I only finished it back in November.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Two years between seasons is a piss-take. I can't even remember anything about season 1.

I think the main guy's name was Cole and the guy running the hotel looked like Paul F Tompkins.

Redplane

Two years between seasons is a piss-take. I can't even remember anything about season 1.

I think the main guy's name was Cole and the guy running the hotel looked like Paul F Tompkins.
Seems to be common with not just Netflix shows but BBC shows as well unfortunately. At least it's not like we ll make it eventually kinda thing like Sherlock or Peaky Blinders.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce

Not far off to be fair to you, his name was Takeshi Kovacs

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Anthony Mackie is taking over as Kovacs' new sleeve for season 2, right? No Joel Kinnaman.
Yeah and Kinnaman was one of the worst things about season one, not sure how he gets all those leading roles.

No more Martha Higareda though :(

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah and Kinnaman was one of the worst things about season one, not sure how he gets all those leading roles.

No more Martha Higareda though :(
Aaargh I didn’t know she wasn’t back. But I guess it makes sense as the story is moving on a different line. Massive shame though, not least because she’s smoking hot as well.