Alternatives to Jadon Sancho

sillwuka

Neto's close control is impressive and he always seems to be the one driving the team forward with urgency.

We should be in for him, not sure on the amount that would prise him away from Wolves mind you

Cathy Ferguson

A drawback with Neto is that he might block the development of Diallo who we bought for 20+15m. Buying Neto for 40+15m in January does not make much sense strategically. Better to focus on a Carrick type or a Ferdinand type. How hard can it be?

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Neto's interesting one working harder then Sancho, more of a powerful direct runner, Sancho with much better close control and playmaking skills though, for 30 mil could be worth a punt, let's wait till the end of the season..

I only watched 5 mins at the end of the game, and saw Neto bombing down the wing. The left wing.

Does he actually play on the right?

lysglimt

Scout
Neto will be playing for a topclub within 2 years. I fear he might end up at Liverpool

NYAS

I only watched 5 mins at the end of the game, and saw Neto bombing down the wing. The left wing.

Does he actually play on the right?
He’s a pure left winger. People on here for some weird reason have convinced themselves he’s a Sancho alternative.

And I’m sure people will say, we can convert him to a RW cutting inside. Well, that’s what we bought Amad for.

People are just high on his performance tonight. Either Rashford is sold or we’re not getting him.

He’s a pure left winger. People on here for some weird reason have convinced themselves he’s a Sancho alternative.

And I’m sure people will say, we can convert him to a RW cutting inside. Well, that’s what we bought Amad for.

People are just high on his performance tonight. Either Rashford is sold or we’re not getting him.
we don’t need another player who can play on the left.

only seea few highlights of him, and they have been down the left or through the middle, and you’ve confirmed he’s a leftie. Doesn’t matter how good he is, that’s about our strongest position.

we don’t want to be converting players, it rarely works - and it just blunts the player.

left wing/ left inside forward must be the most overstocked position in world football.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
A drawback with Neto is that he might block the development of Diallo who we bought for 20+15m. Buying Neto for 40+15m in January does not make much sense strategically. Better to focus on a Carrick type or a Ferdinand type. How hard can it be?
I think he would cause Rashford a headache on the left. Neto is a better dribbler than Rashford which is clear to see IMO.

He’s a pure left winger.
He played almost exclusively on the right when he was coming through at Braga - 45 of his 47 games according to FBR. They're a rigid team tactically too - at least their first team are. Even looking at highlight videos at Braga he was almost entirely right wing.

For Wolves he floats and switches with Podence...ends up on the right, through the middle...he's far, far from a pure left winger.

Castia

Neto looks fantastic, he will move to a top club (no disrespect to wolves) within 18 months.

passing-wind

Not exactly sure how Neto is an adequate alternative to Sancho considering Wolves being Wolves will demand a ransom for him.

NYAS

He played almost exclusively on the right when he was coming through at Braga - 45 of his 47 games according to FBR. They're a rigid team tactically too - at least their first team are. Even looking at highlight videos at Braga he was almost entirely right wing.

For Wolves he floats and switches with Podence...ends up on the right, through the middle...he's far, far from a pure left winger.
I’m sure he’s played on the right before but the form which is causing people to drool over him is coming from the fact he’s playing as a left winger. He plays like one as well. That’s what I mean by “pure”; I don’t mean that he won’t end up in other positions. But most of his play is him attacking the opposition RB and then either crossing or shooting. We have no place for him in our team unless he’s happy being a back-up.

JakeC

nightclub John Terry
I’m sure he’s played on the right before but the form which is causing people to drool over him is coming from the fact he’s playing as a left winger. He plays like one as well. That’s what I mean by “pure”; I don’t mean that he won’t end up in other positions. But most of his play is him attacking the opposition RB and then either crossing or shooting. We have no place for him in our team unless he’s happy being a back-up.
Most of his play this season, in this system has been from the left. He's also signed a new contract less than 2 months ago. Will be Summer 2022 before he goes anywhere.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

He's left footed so fits naturally into the RWF role which is where he was deployed at Braga. But at Wolves he's shown his versatility by playing on the left due to Adama Traore already occupying the RWF role. So it makes sense for Nuno to deploy Neto on the left.

My personal opinion is that we should monitor the progress of the player and if he continues with his good form then make a move in the summer. He's a player that can play on both flanks and along with Diallo could potentially give us a duo of wing players who could interchange positions similar to how Ronaldo and Nani did in prior years which caused opposition defenses many a problem.

frookydinho

Like Neto, but always impressed when hes on the left. Has the air of an old classic left winger about him. The Jimenez injury is a shame, I want to see him with a good 9 and see his output with goals and assists over a full season as he is maturing.

But yeah, he's not a Sancho alternative

Sea-Cow

I know that I am often guilty of overhyping players from their games against us, but here me out.... Lookman seems pretty decent. Surely he would be a vast improvement on the likes of James, Mata, Lingard, etc.