Alternatives to Jadon Sancho

Highfather_24

Since it is increasingly likely that we are not going to buy Jadon Sancho in the next window, we need to be thinking of alternatives we can pursue in the future.

Cavani is a short term solution at CF, with Greenwood definitely having his future in the centre, rather than at RW. Diallo is a kid, and needs time. We definitely need a RW to come straight into the first team, who wouldnt cost 100M+.

And thoughts on who could be that player?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Chiesa might have been an option but he’s off to Juve and wants to stay in Italy. Coman from Bayern, if he can’t displace Sane/Gnabry and his injury situation improves.

Grealish has been really good for Villa but he’s played wide left mainly.

NFM

For goodness sake, United have just signed two, how many do they need!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
New kid on the block who no one has heard of yet but who the whole caf will claim to be an expert on come next summer.

Highfather_24

For goodness sake, United have just signed two, how many do they need!
Very pessimistic prediction : Pellistri will struggle in England, he will take time to adapt.

I really hope someone emerges this season, someone on the up, who we can get for a decent price.

Stretender

Since it is increasingly likely that we are not going to buy Jadon Sancho in the next window, we need to be thinking of alternatives we can pursue in the future.

Cavani is a short term solution at CF, with Greenwood definitely having his future in the centre, rather than at RW. Diallo is a kid, and needs time. We definitely need a RW to come straight into the first team, who wouldnt cost 100M+.

I think we will buy him when he is cheap.

He also did not show that he wanted to join us which made things difficult for us.

The financial situation in world football will force Dortmund to sell. At some point they will need the money

Highfather_24

I think we will buy him when he is cheap.

He also did not show that he wanted to join us which made things difficult for us.

The financial situation in world football will force Dortmund to sell. At some point they will need the money

At that point, we will struggle for money too. If Covid hits hard, it will hit everyone hard. Even if not so, I guess some other clubs might come sniffing, and Sancho might not want to join considering what went down this summer.

Remember the geese

I think we will have another season or two of Greenwood as our first choice for this position, then he will take Martial's position. Diallo will then have the spot to himself.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Greenwood. 31 games, 10 goals on the RW.

We also added 2 very promising kids

kthanksbye

El Shaarawy is gettable and apparently wants to move out of China. Also, 27.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'd like to see how Sancho performs in this years CL.

If he plays like a 120 million player then fair enough, we have our target.

Bestietom

We have brought in 2 wingers in Pellistri and Diallo. Let's hope they are our future and forget about Sancho. Top 30 goal a season CF instead.

bsCallout

Greenwood has made the spot his own.

We have two young talented kids that will be trying to take it from him.

We don't need any more.

We need a CB & a CDM now.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Greenwood has made the spot his own.

We have two young talented kids that will be trying to take it from him.

We don't need any more.

We need a CB & a CDM now.
Greenwood will play centrally within a few years. He’ll be a 30-40 goal a season striker in the near future.

Hopefully one of our new youngsters will make the spot his own.

We are crying out for a traditional right Winger that will pick the ball up on the half way line and just run with it.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

We already have Traore? I really believe he is real talent, despite his young age. By next summer I think he will be in our first team.

First choice front 3: Rashford, Martial, Greenwood
Backup/rotation: Cavani, Traore, Pellestri

Highfather_24

We have brought in 2 wingers in Pellistri and Diallo. Let's hope they are our future and forget about Sancho. Top 30 goal a season CF instead.
Our CF scored 23 goals last season(missed quite a few matches). Among 30 goals a season(for last season) CFs in the world right now there is just : Immobile, Lewandowski and Ronaldo. Among the future ones there's probably Werner or Halland. So its not like there are many around.

Greenwood is another who's future certainly is at CF, and is a prospect who can perhaps be a 30 goal a season CF.

So Centre forward is the least of our worries, we have 2 very talented players for that position, and Cavani who is a good short term squad player. Who is the natural RW we have though? Mata? Lingard? James?

Greenwood is a good prospect but his future is through the centre. Diallo looks talented but will need time. Pellestri will definitely have a huge learning curve.

CF : Martial, Greenwood, Cavani
RW : Diallo, Pellistri

So if I had to choose between strengthening just one position, I would be mad to say CF over RW.

Okey

If Pellistri and Diallo hit the ground running, we might not need any alternatives. Sancho was already being coveted after his first season in Dortmund. We may have got our similar stars too. Let's see them first...

bsCallout

Greenwood will play centrally within a few years. He’ll be a 30-40 goal a season striker in the near future.

Hopefully one of our new youngsters will make the spot his own.

We are crying out for a traditional right Winger that will pick the ball up on the half way line and just run with it.
Those two youngsters are that kind of RW. Greenwood like you say will go centrally but not for a while and yes, hopefully those youngsters make the grade otherwise we will need one.

I'm personally glad we didnt spend 120mil.

We already have Traore? I really believe he is real talent, despite his young age. By next summer I think he will be in our first team.

First choice front 3: Rashford, Martial, Greenwood
Backup/rotation: Cavani, Traore, Pellestri
I hope so. Not seen anywhere near enough to him as yet.

It would suggest the two wingers we signed is likely to signal the end of the Sancho pursuit.

RkkMan

We already have 3 alternatives to Sancho
Greenwood for now up until he`s fully ready to be a CF, Pellistri and Traore once the two are fully ready to be proper first team players the latter seems to have world class potential we wouldn`t be paying 40m if it wasn`t the case. Our focus should be CB and DM

Bestietom

Our CF scored 23 goals last season(missed quite a few matches). Among 30 goals a season(for last season) CFs in the world right now there is just : Immobile, Lewandowski and Ronaldo. Among the future ones there's probably Werner or Halland. So its not like there are many around.

Greenwood is another who's future certainly is at CF, and is a prospect who can perhaps be a 30 goal a season CF.

So Centre forward is the least of our worries, we have 2 very talented players for that position, and Cavani who is a good short term squad player. Who is the natural RW we have though? Mata? Lingard? James?

Greenwood is a good prospect but his future is through the centre. Diallo looks talented but will need time. Pellestri will definitely have a huge learning curve.

CF : Martial, Greenwood, Cavani
RW : Diallo, Pellistri

So if I had to choose between strengthening just one position, I would be mad to say CF over RW.
Then you are mad, mate. I would sooner have Kane over Sancho any day.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's encouraging that people seem to believe that two 18 year olds have sorted out the right wing for the next decade, and that every talented young player is going to be breaking records within two years. But I'm a bit skeptical myself. These signings are exciting but there appear to be an assumption that we've signed the next Rooney and Ronaldo already ready to tear teams up. Of course we'd all like that but I don't think players that progress the way Sancho and Mbappe have come around so easily.

Skills

Snitch
It's encouraging that people seem to believe that two 18 year olds have sorted out the right wing for the next decade, and that every talented young player is going to be breaking records within two years. But I'm a bit skeptical myself. These signings are exciting but there appear to be an assumption that we've signed the next Rooney and Ronaldo already ready to tear teams up. Of course we'd all like that but I don't think players that progress the way Sancho and Mbappe have come around so easily.
Mason Greenwood sorted the RW out. The other two guys we signed just have to be good enough to back him up for now.

We can't just keep ignoring the fact that we have one of the most talented young forwards in football playing for us - one who scored 17 goals in his debut season. Greenwood is the one we need progressing like Mbappe or Sancho.

wolvored

We wont go for Sancho again. I think RW has been bought now and we also have Chong if he comes good, and so far he is scoring and creating. Greenwood as well, thats it for RW.
Next summer I think a CD and DM will be the targets.