Alvaro Fernandez Carreras

NoPace

Exciting to think we could sell Shaw for like 25M somewhere in the Prem after a decent season and maybe making the England squad for the WC, bring Fernandez into the squad at LB to compete with Malacia and use the money on say a new RB.

Thiagoal

The boy just oozes class and is technically fantastic. I think defensively he’s not ready for the Prem just yet and if he’s able to become a regular instead of Brady then that’ll be some achievement.

I think he’s got all the tools to play further up the pitch and would love to see him have some games at CM

dutchred

The boy just oozes class and is technically fantastic. I think defensively he’s not ready for the Prem just yet and if he’s able to become a regular instead of Brady then that’ll be some achievement.

I think he’s got all the tools to play further up the pitch and would love to see him have some games at CM
I think he may turn out to be a Daley Blind type of player, only a little quicker. He could play left wing back or Central midfield

NoPace

Our fullbacks are probably going to tuck in under Ten Hag so he'll fit as a tucked in fullback.

cj_sparky

Mickson

Am I right in saying he's very two-footed and has played at right back? If so, how did he do there?
He's not two-footed in that sense that you wonder if he's left-footed or right-footed. He almost exclusively uses his left foot, but he has a decent right foot as well and has scored a couple of goals with it, but you see that it's not his natural foot. He has played right back once or twice but not much more than that.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Exciting to think we could sell Shaw for like 25M somewhere in the Prem after a decent season and maybe making the England squad for the WC, bring Fernandez into the squad at LB to compete with Malacia and use the money on say a new RB.
Sure thing a club aspiring to be top again to get rid of such an established and when in form top player in Shaw and get a cover in such an inexperienced player who played U23 football and a couple of championship games. Only to rely on left back in Malacia who himself is a very new to the league and team. This is not FIFA.

NoPace

Sure thing a club aspiring to be top again to get rid of such an established and when in form top player in Shaw and get a cover in such an inexperienced player who played U23 football and a couple of championship games. Only to rely on left back in Malacia who himself is a very new to the league and team. This is not FIFA.
If Ten Hag sees Shaw as a backup fullback, with the fees Prem teams are paying and him probably wanting to be first choice with the England LB spot up for grabs, would you really be surprised if someone offers 25-30M for him like Villa did for Luca Digne? At that price, I'd think Ten Hag would be saying make the deal and let me have the money to spend on a LB if Alvaro doesn't win him over based on this season and next pre-season.

Shaw obviously has the talent, and if it was just the injuries then I'd say live with them, but he's already lost his spot and I think a departure might suit everyone. He gets to be first choice at Leeds or Newcastle or Leicester and we get a solid fee to spend on a replacement or use elsewhere.

We have a Dutch coach, I do expect a couple of the more talented youth to get real opportunities rather than us keeping all the big wage guys who Ten Hag doesn't rate around. I won't be surprised if Shaw and Maguire go next summer. Shaw will probably get into the World Cup squad even if he's a backup for us, but for a new cycle, I think Southgate or his replacement might move on to Tyrick Mitchell, James Justin or 3 at the back with Saka out left if Shaw is just a backup for us, and he might want to go.

Fabio Rochemback

He's not two-footed in that sense that you wonder if he's left-footed or right-footed. He almost exclusively uses his left foot, but he has a decent right foot as well and has scored a couple of goals with it, but you see that it's not his natural foot. He has played right back once or twice but not much more than that.
Cheers. I was hoping maybe there'd be an opening for him in that position, because Malacia looks quite good so far, whereas I don't rate Dalot much. Sounds like he just filled in due to injuries/suspensions?

pascell

Yeap. Doesn't look out of place.
It's hard to look out of place in that North End team, they primarily look at stifling teams, rather than try to beat them.

The 3-5-2 they use is useless, the manager needs to change tactics and personnel and fast, otherwise he'll be sacked by Xmas. The wing backs are easily marked out of the game as the opposition push wingers high up the pitch (as Burnley did) and the midfield is always outrun and outfought, so they have no attacking outlet.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'd be surprised if he hasn't made the spot his own very soon, despite his limited appearances, he's very popular already. His chant must get sung every 5 minutes.

jeepers

I'd be surprised if he hasn't made the spot his own very soon, despite his limited appearances, he's very popular already. His chant must get sung every 5 minutes.
I caught a bit of the Preston - Sheffield game, turned on the stream just as Fernandez was to be subbed off. Commentator was saying the fans were disappointed that Fernandez was being taken off and Robbie Brady didn’t look like much after he came on. That’s good to hear and hopefully like you say, he will make the spot his own very soon.

AltiUn

I caught a bit of the Preston - Sheffield game, turned on the stream just as Fernandez was to be subbed off. Commentator was saying the fans were disappointed that Fernandez was being taken off and Robbie Brady didn’t look like much after he came on. That’s good to hear and hopefully like you say, he will make the spot his own very soon.
Manager got chants of "you don't know what you're doing" when he was taken off. Although apparently he picked up a slight knock and was taken off as a precaution.

jeepers

Manager got chants of "you don't know what you're doing" when he was taken off. Although apparently he picked up a slight knock and was taken off as a precaution.
Thanks! I was just listening to whatever I could make out because the stream I was on had two commentators in different languages speaking over each other. Sounded as if they were arguing with each other at multiple points.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Arnold is reportedly “rubbing his hands” over the prospect of getting a decent fee for him, like we did with Garner

AltiUn

Fernandez looks different gravy to Garner in the Championship, and he was impressive in his own right, wouldn't be so sure we'll let him go.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’m putting two and two together. Doesn’t say Arnold specifically but it does say the club are “rubbing their hands together” - that means when you’re expecting to receive cash.
Not really. Could mean at the prospect of him doing well and being a part of the first team.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I check the Preston score regularly because of him, and it seems like I’m constantly seeing him bagging an assist at the moment.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I fecking always forget; what is the name of other Spanish kid who plays right back? Where is he now?

TheReligion

Abusive
I fecking always forget; what is the name of other Spanish kid who plays right back? Where is he now?
Marc Jurado. Still with us. I watched him in the Youth Cup final and thought he was quite good tbh.

Not seen enough of him in the main to see where he is at in terms of full development though.

AltiUn

Marc Jurado, he's alright but he's nowhere near as good as Alvaro.

TsuWave

I’m putting two and two together. Doesn’t say Arnold specifically but it does say the club are “rubbing their hands together” - that means when you’re expecting to receive cash.
The expression rubbing hands together just means we’re excited. It could be about his development and prospects here. Nothing to do with receiving cash

Idxomer

There will be nothing wrong with selling him if Ten Hag doesn't see a place for him in the squad.

khoazany

He’s younger than Garner when Jimmy was in the Championship. In fact he’s same age with Hannibal, Iqbal etc. He has more times.