Alvaro Fernandez Carreras

city-puma

Fernandez looks different gravy to Garner in the Championship, and he was impressive in his own right, wouldn't be so sure we'll let him go.
Definitely we shouldn’t let him go without giving him two years under watch. I think he has everything to become a right player for us. I know he needs every step/choice chosen correctly just as any other young prospect faces.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The expression rubbing hands together just means we’re excited. It could be about his development and prospects here. Nothing to do with receiving cash
Maybe they mistook Richard Arnold for Stunna.

GueRed

Caught the second half of Huddersfield v Preston the other night. Preston won 1-0 but were very average. It was a poor match.

Fernandez performed ok with what little time he had on the ball...

Was a good outlet from the left wing-back position, often coming inside and tracking back well..

Deep in that 2nd half he had a great chance to score latching onto a cross 10 yards out from goal but blazed the ball over the bar.
Subbed off in injury time. I think he was ok.

Another good 90minutes under his belt.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Seems to have lost his starting 11 slot to Brady the past 2-3 matches. But still comes on as a sub, replacing Brady.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Seems to have lost his starting 11 slot to Brady the past 2-3 matches. But still comes on as a sub, replacing Brady.
Yeah, he wasn't playing badly but North End weren't getting results so they've had to abandon the 3 at the back system. I expect he'll be back in the starting 11 sooner rather than later, Brady's a good player but I think Alvaro will win out.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Yeah, he wasn't playing badly but North End weren't getting results so they've had to abandon the 3 at the back system. I expect he'll be back in the starting 11 sooner rather than later, Brady's a good player but I think Alvaro will win out.
Still young, and the Championship, like the EPL, have played a lot of matches recently, so probably needed a break.

AltiUn

Still young, and the Championship, like the EPL, have played a lot of matches recently, so probably needed a break.
I think Brady being experienced in a back 4 is why he was chosen when the switch was made.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Started today -- wingback. But doesn't seem to be as adventurous as he usually is -- maybe instructed by his manager.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
If Fernandez agrees I'd leave him at North End another year.

Another player who North End would like to see back at Deepdale next season is Manchester United's Alvaro Fernandez. The 20-year-old nailed down a first choice stating place on the left flank of Lowe's team for much of last season, playing 42 times in all competitions and notching six assists.

Ridsdale spoke to United at Wembley last weekend at the FA Cup final as Erik ten Hag's side succumbed to a 2-1 loss at the hands of cross town rivals Manchester City. Though North End would like Fernandez to return, he believes they will have to wait and see what happens and what United opt to do with the defender for the upcoming 12 months.

He said: “I don’t think I could find anybody who could say they wouldn’t - of course we would. He was a massive hit and the frustration sometimes, which is life, is that you go into the loan market and if it works, people criticise us because we have to go back.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footba...YK3we_KfIt2MwnbBvB6SufyZF4tPORuQ1NOy3VaJWLm_A

pascell

Another player who North End would like to see back at Deepdale next season is Manchester United's Alvaro Fernandez. The 20-year-old nailed down a first choice stating place on the left flank of Lowe's team for much of last season, playing 42 times in all competitions and notching six assists.

Ridsdale spoke to United at Wembley last weekend at the FA Cup final as Erik ten Hag's side succumbed to a 2-1 loss at the hands of cross town rivals Manchester City. Though North End would like Fernandez to return, he believes they will have to wait and see what happens and what United opt to do with the defender for the upcoming 12 months.

He said: “I don’t think I could find anybody who could say they wouldn’t - of course we would. He was a massive hit and the frustration sometimes, which is life, is that you go into the loan market and if it works, people criticise us because we have to go back.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footba...YK3we_KfIt2MwnbBvB6SufyZF4tPORuQ1NOy3VaJWLm_A
Needs to be at a club on their uppers next season, north end were good for this season to get him accustomed to senior football but he needs a different experience next season.

AltiUn

I'd be sending him to a better team than North End, think they're gonna be in serious trouble next year.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Have Leicster got a LB that will still be there next season? It'd be good to see him at a side pushing for promotion.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

The Ridsdale? Of Leeds fame?

Thiagoal

Personally, he’s 20 years old now, I’d be hoping he’d be pushing for a starting birth at United next season! I think he has a lot more to offer than Malacia and he’s technically fantastic- got all the attributes to become a very good player! Let’s expose him to top level football ourselves

Glorio

Did anyone follow a lot of his games here? Intrigued to know whether he was exposed much for lack of pace in the men's game as that was always a concern in the youth games.

dutchred

Did anyone follow a lot of his games here? Intrigued to know whether he was exposed much for lack of pace in the men's game as that was always a concern in the youth games.
His best position might be as a left wing back if we play 3 at the back or as a defensive midfielder ala Casemiro

pascell

Yeah, I expected him to totally rinse the club in some way but he seems to be just tootling along trying to do a professional job with a club at about their natural level.
That's because the club don't have money for him to rinse. The previous owner passed away and left the club to his family who are trying to sell but can't find a buyer.

The previous owner was actually putting his own money into the club to keep it afloat.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
That's because the club don't have money for him to rinse. The previous owner passed away and left the club to his family who are trying to sell but can't find a buyer.

The previous owner was actually putting his own money into the club to keep it afloat.
True about the club. I'm still suspicious about Ridsdale mind, what he seems to be doing now doesn't fit in with his past, that's for sure.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Personally, he’s 20 years old now, I’d be hoping he’d be pushing for a starting birth at United next season! I think he has a lot more to offer than Malacia and he’s technically fantastic- got all the attributes to become a very good player! Let’s expose him to top level football ourselves
Not sure Alvaro has the pace and strength that Malacia has. Think you've underrated Malacias ability to play as well. For all the silliness about Pep with Stones and Rico Lewis tucking into midfield Malacia was doing similar

AltiUn

North End have just signed Ramsay from Liverpool on loan, I’m suddenly quite interested in seeing Alvaro there. Watching Alvaro on one wing with Potts on the other was night and day, but with 2 actual full backs they might have been more cohesive.