Alvaro Morata

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's like the opposite of Cavani. Less impressive statistics but good whenever I watch him.

Kag

A slower, less versatile, more expensive version of Welbeck, a player that lots of supporters never quite fancied. I'll pass.

Last edited:

GloryHunter07

Yeah, I think he's comfortably the best striker to be going for in the Serie A (not counting Dybala of course).
I feel like Icardi would do well for United but i would worry about Rashford's development.

Icardi though doesnt look to be a Mourinho type striker..

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Some users have been wondering why there are stories in the media that Juventus would not sell Morata directly this transfer window but give him back to Real Madrid who might sell him then.

The reason: There is a clause in the transfer contract between Real and Juve which I deem Juve unwilling to fulfill: Paying €80m to Real if they sell him before 16th July 2017.

This sounds as if The Sun have made this up but thanks to Football Leaks everybody can read the contract: https://openload.co/f/-IiqAKFz8Qo/Real_Madrid_&_Juventus_-_Alvaro_Morata.pdf

7.4 El Juventus si obliga a no traspasar ni ceder di direchos federativos del jugador a un tercero distinto del Real Madrid, hasta el 16 de julio de 2017, fecha en la que finaliza el último plazo del ejercicio de la opción de recompra para el Real Madrid. En el supuesto de que el Juventus incumpla dicha obligación, vendrá obligado a abonar al Real Madrid en concepto de indemnización por danos y perjuicios la cantidad de Ochenta milliones (80.000.000,-) de Euros.
Edit: The original text is on page 4 of the pdf file. I hope I put it in here correctly.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
He has been underwhelming whenever I've seen him with the exception of the return leg in the CL against us this season. His goalscoring record is equally underwhelming, I honestly have no clue why these crazy numbers are thrown around for a 23 year old striker who has never scored more than 8 goals in a league season.

Can someone explain to me what's so great about him?

Lurpak99

Buttered up
He has been underwhelming whenever I've seen him with the exception of the return leg in the CL against us this season. His goalscoring record is equally underwhelming, I honestly have no clue why these crazy numbers are thrown around for a 23 year old striker who has never scored more than 8 goals in a league season.

He's Spanish.

NJM78

Not a huge fan to be fair would rather Rashford with someone like Zlatan (if we do get a CF) to learn from for a couple of years than spend big money on Morata.
If we can get a better goal scoring 10 like James and a quality right sided attacker like Mahrez I think a new CF is not that necessary personally especially as we have Martial who I believe will score more and more as he gets older and more clinical.

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
@carvajal Is this true with regards Real Madrid buying him back just to sell him? what are you hearing?
I think that he does not want to be a substitute again and because of this probably will be sold, since it seems that Benzema has Zidane´s full confidence.
I guess the idea is to buy him back and make the preseason in Madrid awaiting offers ( Arsenal among others) , but it could also happen that he is included in some kind of deal with Juve involving Pogba.
In my opinion it all depends on what happens in the Champions League final . If Madrid loses everything can change.

Crossie

Supports
@carvajal
Related topic: Has there been any update on the appeal of Real against FIFA's transfer ban in Spanish media? I haven't found anything specific other than that the decision should be made before 1st of July.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
@carvajal
Related topic: Has there been any update on the appeal of Real against FIFA's transfer ban in Spanish media? I haven't found anything specific other than that the decision should be made before 1st of July.
No, nothing new. What I heard at the time was that Madrid has confidence since among children there were many South Americans with dual citizenship or extravagances as the son of Zidane. I guess they know that will be sanctioned but expect a similar sanction to Barcelona

Crossie

Supports
No, nothing new. What I heard at the time was that Madrid has confidence since among children there were many South Americans with dual citizenship or extravagances as the son of Zidane. I guess they know that will be sanctioned but expect a similar sanction to Barcelona
Thanks. :)

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Morata at Real Madrid always reminded me of Danny Welbeck. In the sense you could often see a really good player there, but his goalscoring was too erratic and his play too inconsistent to be a great one.

I don't know if he grew into a different player at Juve, looking at the stats suggests he didn't. Nice player though, when he's on form and he has scored some big goals. Hmm, sounds a bit like I'm talking about Danny again.

Devil may care

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/16/manch...llion-transfer-bid-for-alvaro-morata-5885093/

Manchester United are ready to launch a massive offer for Juventus striker Alvaro Morata in the summer transfer window, according to reports in Italy.

Morata has scored 26 goals across two seasons for Juve since joining from Real Madrid, but the La Liga giants have the option buy the striker back for £23.6million at the end of the season.

Tuttosport say the Red Devils are willing to bid £39.4m for the Spanish forward immediately after Madrid exercise their buy-back option, if they choose to do so.

However, Juve are desperate for Morata to remain on their books and are lining up an offer of around £8m to convince Madrid to let them keep the star.

It’s understood Arsenal are also very interested in the highly-rated 23-year-old.

3KDré

I doubt it's true, but if it is spending 40m on a striker who barely scores would be silly. Especially in team that struggles to score.

Walters_19_MuFc

Every time I watch this guy he always seems to impress me. Seems to be the full package. He does struggle with goals, though.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
It looks like Morata may start for Spain at the Euros. The only other forwards on the roster are Aduriz, Nolito, and Lucas Vazquez. If so, I can see his Euro performance potentially weighing heavily on his future. Perez will not sell him if he bangs in a bunch of goals as the starting striker for Spain.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Morata at Real Madrid always reminded me of Danny Welbeck. In the sense you could often see a really good player there, but his goalscoring was too erratic and his play too inconsistent to be a great one.

I don't know if he grew into a different player at Juve, looking at the stats suggests he didn't. Nice player though, when he's on form and he has scored some big goals. Hmm, sounds a bit like I'm talking about Danny again.
This is exactly what I get every time I watch him play. A lot similarities to Welbeck in the sense that he does a lot of good things and looks busy all the time but he's missing far too many things to become a top striker.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Looks good any time I see him. Was wondering why nobody was going for him. His goal record goes some way to explaining that.

prarek

Completely undeserved call up to the Spain squad. Even Torres would have been better selection. Morata must be Del Bosque's nephew.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

This. He had a great run of form in CL knock-out games, but he's really average. The sums that are being discussed in the press are crazy, I'm not sure that I would even want him on a free. I want our club to sign top talents - he clearly isn't. He would've get some playing time if he was our academy product, but to buy him for 40 millions? Ridiculous.

Adamsk7

It's a dark day when you read that news and go "I'll take it"