Alvaro Morata

Biggins

Yesterday I was somewhat disagreeing with you, but not anymore. I say feck it, let's go, it can't get much worse really.

Good answer though, and good reasoning behind it. Personally I would prefer a loan deal, i.e. Morata, over something permanent given the options available.
In all honesty, after yesterday, I am all for loaning Alvaro…

Can’t be worse than what we already have.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
In all honesty, after yesterday, I am all for loaning Alvaro…

Can’t be worse than what we already have.
After yesterday, I hope we do alot of deals like this. Keylor Navas (if we cant afford someone younger), Morata, Ziyech, Rabiot and a right back.

Scriblerus

When we bought Lukaku and Morata went to Chelsea, I was sure that we had chosen the wrong striker. Then I watched Morata at Chelsea. There's a reason why he packs his bags every couple of seasons.

Red_toad

After yesterday, I hope we do alot of deals like this. Keylor Navas (if we cant afford someone younger), Morata, Ziyech, Rabiot and a right back.
Navas has the same weaknesses Dave does, what on earth would be the point? Diogo Costa would be a better option, we've scouted him and he's got plenty of development in him

Trequarista10

Pure speculation, do we reckon there may be anything in the idea of a swap deal involving Ronaldo to Juve, with Rabiot and Morata moving here? Would Juve want Ronaldo back, and would Ronaldo want to go back? I don't recall on what terms he left them.

Would make sense to me from United's perspective. Not sure the logic of bringing in Morata whilst we still have Ronaldo and Martial, when other positions are in need of reinforcement. But Morata and Martial between them would be enough cover for the striker position.

MrEleson

Pure speculation, do we reckon there may be anything in the idea of a swap deal involving Ronaldo to Juve, with Rabiot and Morata moving here? Would Juve want Ronaldo back, and would Ronaldo want to go back? I don't recall on what terms he left them.

Would make sense to me from United's perspective. Not sure the logic of bringing in Morata whilst we still have Ronaldo and Martial, when other positions are in need of reinforcement. But Morata and Martial between them would be enough cover for the striker position.
If Morata came, Martial could then be used for depth/rotation on the LW so it makes sense. Our attacking line is very thin as it is across all fronts so adding Morata even if Ronaldo stays and in addition to Martial is still good.

spiriticon

He's an terrible striker but if we're scraping the bottom of the barrel than I guess it's better than Arnautovic.

Idxomer

There should be a disclaimer in the thread title pointing out that Morata is an Atletico Madrid player.

He has actually spent 4 seasons at Juve in his career and has never fully been their player.

BlackShark_80

Crespo, Scheva, Lukaku, Morata, Werner, Costa, Torres, Pato, Higuain, Falcao... Who else?
You can add Kezman, Mutu, Eto'o, Ba, Remy, Pizarro, and Batshuayi. I say only Drogba, Costa, Anelka, Giroud, and maybe Crespo can be considered as a success during Abramovich era.

Trequarista10

If Morata came, Martial could then be used for depth/rotation on the LW so it makes sense. Our attacking line is very thin as it is across all fronts so adding Morata even if Ronaldo stays and in addition to Martial is still good.
Yeah, maybe. I think we need to change our setup though cos at the moment we have our wingers very wide (which they aren't good at) with underlapping full backs. Not sure that would suit Martial or he'd be happy in that role. If we switched to the more traditional 433 then Martial would be good at LW. But it's also where Sancho is best, and Rashford, so it seems awkward to me. If Ronaldo is staying then a RW would be a much higher priority for me, and either a young CF or older backup for depth.

Trequarista10

There should be a disclaimer in the thread title pointing out that Morata is an Atletico Madrid player.

He has actually spent 4 seasons at Juve in his career and has never fully been their player.
Good point, I forgot that :lol:

Hester_manc

Why not? But I've come to the point where I don't see at all why anyone who plays with just a bit more quality than most would want to sign with us. Why sign with a club where the whole team is in a huge crisis and nobody believes in their own abilities? Why sign with a club where the management will not take the necessary initiatives to renew and improve the club and its conditions?

We cannot attract top players in the state the club and the players are in now. Therefore, Morata is perhaps the highest level we can reach. Sad but true.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He’s a wonderful player, with an awful mental block when putting the ball in the back of the net.

The reason he’s played for so many good clubs is that they all think they can finally “unlock” him, and if not, he can still be a very good backup striker.

Needs a coach who can really get through to him, Fergie would make a world class striker out of him.

Idxomer

Don't think he's leaving, has played well in pre-season and started Atletico's 1st game today.

Rolaholic

Deary me...

They're insane turning down that money for him but I'm glad if it's from us

saik

They want Ronaldo anyways, why not send him their way and might as well get this guy? Just in case if this was not suggested already.

DevTheRed

40 odd million pounds? The guy turns 30 in a couple of months.. they’re mad to turn that down for him.

Ted Lasso

What's this about Juve not buying him for 35M?

If that was the asking price, tack on 10 for United's desperation and 45 should be the magic number is my guess

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
During the 2018-2019 Morata scored 18 goals in 49 matches between club and country. Vardy scored the same amount in 36 matches while Arnautovic scored 16 goals in 39 matches. Meanwhile De Jong played that fantastic season that lead to him signing with Barca while Rabiot had a half decent season with PSG enough to persuade Juventus to sign him a year later. I am pretty sure that we're using the scout reports of that time

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Straight swap Ronaldo for Morata please... Or however which way. Just get him in and get Ronaldo out