Amad “Traore“ Diallo

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Move this to transfer forum. Anyone has any idea about him?

jb8521

It's driving me nuts but he reminds me of somebody and I can't think who, and there's only so many times I can watch the same video hoping it will come to me.
Probably not who you're thinking of but his movement & running style looks similar to Etoo

AsonUnique

Remember some hype when he was the youngest player to score in Serie A but looks like he hasn't done much in the first team since then. Looks like he plays on the right and is two footed, sign him up.

His brother is a solid prospect too, plays for Sassuolo.

NickyT

Expensive replacement for Largie Ramazani and Deji Sotona?
What does this mean? Ramazani may be a loss and that's a big maybe, but I doubt Sotona would have staked a claim in the first team any time soon or ever, not to take away from his ability...

Probably not who you're thinking of but his movement & running style looks similar to Etoo
His style of play looks more similar to Messi than Eto'o for me, especially coming off that right side, which I believe is his preferred position, likes to engage the opposition and can find a pass, Eto'o is more commonly associated with his goal threat, can't really see anything that suggests that in this video

jb8521

What does this mean? Ramazani may be a loss and that's a big maybe, but I doubt Sotona would have staked a claim in the first team any time soon or ever, not to take away from his ability...

His style of play looks more similar to Messi than Eto'o for me, especially coming off that right side, which I believe is his preferred position, likes to engage the opposition and can find a pass, Eto'o is more commonly associated with his goal threat, can't really see anything that suggests that in this video
I wasn't talking about his style of play or position I was talking about his running style & striking of the ball where it almost looks like the ball has run away from him slightly before he strikes it but he actually has it under control

CR1

Amad Traoré - sign him up ASAP. This player would be a better signing than Sancho IMO. And would likely cost far less as well.

Seriously, I would make Amad Traoré our highest priority signing right now.

We're talking Messi/Ballon d'Or level potential here.

Sign his brother as well - Hamed Traoré.

Manchester United is the best club in the world for them to develop.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Amad Traoré - sign him up ASAP. This player would be a better signing than Sancho IMO. And would likely cost far less as well.

I’ll have some of what you’re having please?

Tarrou

Can you explain what you're seeing here?

Admittedly I've only seen clips and he looks pretty good. But nothing particularly special compared to other highly rated prospects in academies including our own.

Classical Mechanic

Welcome to the CAF Hamed Traore.

CR1

Can you explain what you're seeing here?

Admittedly I've only seen clips and he looks pretty good. But nothing particularly special compared to other highly rated prospects in academies including our own.
He really stands out for me, even among other top talents. Pace, explosiveness, acceleration, technique, close control, directness, urgency, dribbling etc. He reminds me of Messi the way he dribbles and runs with the ball.

Also he is left-footed, which means he can cut in from the right hand side (unlike Sancho who is right-footed). This is also an important point.

By the way, I've seen Elanga as well if that's who you are referring to and I rate him highly. I think he's good enough to be back-up to Rashford on the left already (at least in a limited number of games) and could well make it at United. But like I said, Amad Traoré stands out for me even more.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He really stands out for me, even among other top talents. Pace, explosiveness, acceleration, technique, close control, directness, urgency, dribbling etc. He reminds me of Messi the way he dribbles and runs with the ball.

Also he is left-footed, which means he can cut in from the right hand side (unlike Sancho who is right-footed). This is also an important point.

By the way, I've seen Elanga as well if that's who you are referring to and I rate him highly. I think he's good enough to be back-up to Rashford on the left already (at least in a limited number of games) and could well make it at United. But like I said, Amad Traoré stands out for me even more.
I take it you've watched full games involving Traore?

I've only watched highlights but his close control and technique stands out along with his ability to linkup with his team mates which looked impressive. He doesn't have a over reliance on pace which I feel makes him a very interesting prospect.

CR1

I take it you've watched full games involving Traore?

I've only watched highlights but his close control and technique stands out along with his ability to linkup with his team mates which looked impressive. He doesn't have a over reliance on pace which I feel makes him a very interesting prospect.
Actually no, I haven't. I rarely watch full games unless it's United playing. But I am of the opinion that youtube highlights gives one a good idea of the type of player at hand as well as his strengths etc. Clubs have scouts watching full games of players for months and still around 50 % of all signings end up flopping or underwhelming.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Hopefully these words ring true!

mat85

Actually no, I haven't. I rarely watch full games unless it's United playing. But I am of the opinion that youtube highlights gives one a good idea of the type of player at hand as well as his strengths etc. Clubs have scouts watching full games of players for months and still around 50 % of all signings end up flopping or underwhelming.
This is crazy town

Sea-Cow

Read the post just above you.

Rarely watch full games ... Youtube highlight... :lol:
I appreciate the honesty! He could have easily just lied and said "yep I've watched every minute of his career" because how could we ever fact check that?

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
This lad has got ‘coming off the bench to score the winner on your debut’ written all over him.

ti vu

I appreciate the honesty! He could have easily just lied and said "yep I've watched every minute of his career" because how could we ever fact check that?
You would just take it with a pinch of salt even with if he goes with such claim.

Logically, Atalanta would be able to do with a Messi level of talent with their first team. It's not like their team is full of world class player in their prime. They couldn't give him enough game time and decided to loan him to Parma, just for us to arrive and make a permanent move for him. He can be great, but Messi level? Unlikely. Look at how young Messi broke through.

It's still funny nonetheless how one can make all such claim via YouTube highlight, no?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Here's a full game involving the player. He's playing in the UEFA Youth League for Atalanta against Lyon who have Rayan Cherki, Gouri and Da Silva in the line up.

Game begins at 56:35 for anyone that's interested.