Amad “Traore“ Diallo

hungrywing

Having competition in every position does wonders to the 1st teamers. Luke, De Gea for example. Hopefully, this will wake up Mason.
Never even thought of that. Good point. If the staff had noticed Mason's 'tendencies' earlier (last season)?

is this based off of YouTube clips and the 27 minutes of first team football that he’s played?
Yeah, someone should have mentioned that if you just click on the guy/gal's twitter handle (which @roonster posted per below) you'll see they're pretty well-respected with a lot of twitter followers. Everyone has his opinion and everything though.

A lot of the charts/graphs/tables that get posted to the forum are from him/her.

He tweeted long back that he will watch all the youth games Diallo played to prepare scouting report.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Enjoyed reading that scouting report. It basically confirms what most of the thoughts on him have been, technically gifted with good mentality for completing the simple things when he needs to, but an excellent dribbler.

Would have liked to know more about his finishing though, as he's likely to play as an inside forward for us rather than purely hugging the touchline.

Bestietom

Well whoever the scout is, he may have found a top top player for us or he may lose his job.??

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Well whoever the scout is, he may have found a top top player for us or he may lose his job.??
I can’t imagine clubs fork out this sort of money on one mans say so - I would love to know the process though. We must have a massive database of young players from all of our scouts.

SATA

If Pellistri isn’t making the first team squad this year and next, i doubt Diallo will too. Maybe get some games in the U23s and if he’s too good for that, maybe they will shift him up to the seniors

Bestietom

I can’t imagine clubs fork out this sort of money on one mans say so - I would love to know the process though. We must have a massive database of young players from all of our scouts.
Yes, I would imagine we have a massive database on young players, but did read that a scout was following this guy at underage for some time, and recommended we go for him before the big teams moved in.

hungrywing

Might not have been a scout at all. I agree with the bolded part except now I'm wondering what might happen if the young player is simply just that well known.

If Pellistri isn’t making the first team squad this year and next, i doubt Diallo will too. Maybe get some games in the U23s and if he’s too good for that, maybe they will shift him up to the seniors
Doesn't Traore appear to be on a whole other level to Facundo?

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
Hope he joins the first team and has at least 60% of the effect that Bruno had in the second half of last season.

Two things I learned from that report:

1) it looks like we’ve got a bit of a rough diamond on our hands. Possesses lots of potential but needs a fair bit of refining.
2) I could never be a scout, jeez that was a detailed report!

TsuWave

If Pellistri isn’t making the first team squad this year and next, i doubt Diallo will too.
What's the correlation here? Is Pellistri understood to be better than Diallo? I thought it was the other way around, considering fees and the meltdown from supposed journalists in Italy about him joining us

SoCross

Hope he joins the first team and has at least 60% of the effect that Bruno had in the second half of last season.

Such a long report just to basically say the kid needs to bulk up.

Lols, just kidding. fantastic work done.

drmuji

I really think that he will be a good player or an excellent player season after next. Dont think we should be thinking about him now and even next season
Adapting to premier league and bulking up is important. Putting him in lime light straight away is just going to cause more stress on this guy.
Thats why really do think that Dembele loan was so so important to us

JPB

If he has half of the talent that Nani had I'll be happy.

lysglimt

Scout
You don't have to be a professional scout to see that this guy has potential out of this world. I am not saying he will be a regular here - but if we were ever gonna spend £20 million up front on a player yet to make a breakthrough - this guy was it.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

drmuji

drmuji

My first thought, too.

And not in a jokey 'we have to sign the next Messi' sort of way. I genuinely see shades of Messi in there.
Exactly!!! Have you seen the second video. The ball just got stuck to his feet. And he ran with it like Messi would

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Anyone who hasn’t, watch his stories on his Instagram - he has videos of him doing some absurdly ridiculous stuff during training (I think he’s training with the first team as well). They’ll disappear tomorrow so watch them while they’re hot.

https://instagram.com/stories/amadd...ource=ig_story_item_share&igshid=sx1jnatda20g
:eek::eek::eek:

Love his 'swirl' to get around a defender. I can see that becoming his trademark, and winning him plenty of free kicks and penalties.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Two things I learned from that report:

1) it looks like we’ve got a bit of a rough diamond on our hands. Possesses lots of potential but needs a fair bit of refining.
2) I could never be a scout, jeez that was a detailed report!
If you think that was a detailed report, you should read actual real scout reports.
They need to go into passes played, whether they're forwards/backwards/sideways, long/short, fast/slow, average positions, how he deals with different tactics, defensive duals, attacking duals, etc etc.
That was just a basic written entry report. :lol:

Canucantona20

CM

Anyone who hasn’t, watch his stories on his Instagram - he has videos of him doing some absurdly ridiculous stuff during training (I think he’s training with the first team as well). They’ll disappear tomorrow so watch them while they’re hot.

https://instagram.com/stories/amadd...ource=ig_story_item_share&igshid=sx1jnatda20g
Nice. He really does look a gifted dribbler, and a player that knows how to take care of the ball too.

We're desperate for a player like that on the right so hopefully he's ready to come straight into the first-team when he joins.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I'm excited but I still find it a bit strange he hasn't really played for Atalanta. If you are that good they would play you.

The whole "Atalanta doesn't use wingers" thing still baffles me. Why did they get him then? If he is so special why couldn't they play him up top or as a wide forward?

There is just so much mystery with this kid. Let's hope our scouts get this one right because not having a RW for 8 seasons is beyond embarrassing.

mav_9me

I'm excited but I still find it a bit strange he hasn't really played for Atalanta. If you are that good they would play you.

The whole "Atalanta doesn't use wingers" thing still baffles me. Why did they get him then? If he is so special why couldn't they play him up top or as a wide forward?

There is just so much mystery with this kid. Let's hope our scouts get this one right because not having a RW for 8 seasons is beyond embarrassing.
That logic doesn't make any sense to me. When you have a special talent you find a spot for him. It's not like all he can do is cross the ball from a RW position. Granted other teams have sat on good talent before, like west ham with mascherano and tevez.

cyberman

That logic doesn't make any sense to me. When you have a special talent you find a spot for him. It's not like all he can do is cross the ball from a RW position. Granted other teams have sat on good talent before, like west ham with mascherano and tevez.
We did it when Pogba was clearly on the move back on the day. If his head isnt in it or hes saving himself for a move then the actual difficult part of bringing through a kid becomes that much harder