Amad “Traore“ Diallo

jamesjimmybyrondean

Maybe I'm watching the wrong highlight videos because I haven't seen any that matches up to the hype he's gotten

CG1010

Am I the only one who thinks the amount we paid for him is ridiculously high? Like extortionately so.
At the moment he hasn't kicked a ball for us, so I am really in a quantum state of thinking "what a waste of money" and "buy of the century" at the same time.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Saw a clip comparing him to Nani and it seemed quite apt. Nani is one of the most technical gifted footballers, at least amongst attackers, I've seen play for the club. But there's a big difference between youth football and the PL. Like Nani he doesn't look like he eats up ground that quickly but does seem to have a lot of technical gifts.

jackal&hyde

Saw a clip comparing him to Nani and it seemed quite apt. Nani is one of the most technical gifted footballers, at least amongst attackers, I've seen play for the club. But there's a big difference between youth football and the PL. Like Nani he doesn't look like he eats up ground that quickly but does seem to have a lot of technical gifts.
I think it's a bit more then technical gifts with this guy. He seems to always keep his head up to see what is around him and that is fairly rare for a player at that age. Ronaldo took some time to do this for example.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think it's a bit more then technical gifts with this guy. He seems to always keep his head up to see what is around him and that is fairly rare for a player at that age. Ronaldo took some time to do this for example.
That's true. But again, remains to be seen whether he can bring those qualities to the highest level. Also, I think he doesn't have the explosiveness of a Ronaldo/Robben. Seems at this young age to be a more well rounded talent (with less explosiveness) but I don't want to jump to conclusions before I see how he does in the PL.

jackal&hyde

That's true. But again, remains to be seen whether he can bring those qualities to the highest level. Also, I think he doesn't have the explosiveness of a Ronaldo/Robben. Seems at this young age to be a more well rounded talent (with less explosiveness) but I don't want to jump to conclusions before I see how he does in the PL.
Sure. Virtually unknown quantity when it comes to professional football. What we can see though looks impressive. The talent is obvious but it seems to me he has that awareness (from highlights) that few players have at that age, and the ones that do tend to make it; Greenwood looks like a fair example.

I'm excited by this guy. Never seen him play but apparently he is extremely highly regarded within the scouting circles and his acquisition is seen as a big deal for Man United.

meamth

Maybe I'm watching the wrong highlight videos because I haven't seen any that matches up to the hype he's gotten
Weird, for a winger, he has that rare first touch ability. Almost as good as Berba's from what I saw.

He seems like a special player. That's for sure.

RkkMan

We'll see early flashes of brilliance over the next couple of years which will intially result in posters calling him a 'generational talent' or some other bollocks. However, ultimately this will turn to near universal contempt at his rampant inconsistency with finally the Caf declaring him, "Just not good enough." In the end we'll flog him to Everton or Lyon where he'll continue to flatter to deceive.
Jesus Christ go and touch a woman, smell a rose or something. You would have said the same thing if we signed Alphonso Davies

saivet

Is he expected to play any first team football before he joins? Just looked at the Atalanta squad and he's not there.

CM10

Is he expected to play any first team football before he joins? Just looked at the Atalanta squad and he's not there.
They won't use him because they don't play with wingers

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
That's a shame. Would have been ideal to get him in the summer so he'd at least train be able to train with us.
Only 2 months away, he won't take any great harm.

Winger11

Sounds strange a bit... So we compare him with Messi and eager to see him in our start squad but great Atalanta don't use him just because they don't play with wingers?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Only 2 months away, he won't take any great harm.
It’s like its been said, Atalanta don’t tend to play with wingers so they aren’t going to integrate him into their team. Now that he all but a Utd player, he’ll just train

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Have people even considered that perhaps his non-involvement is at United’s request?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
So isn't he even playing for under 19s for them.
He's actually not even training, he has to watch training sessions from home and see if he can improve by just watching training videos.

AshRK

He's actually not even training, he has to watch training sessions from home and see if he can improve by just watching training videos.
Wow that's a shame. I cannot see him featuring for us this season. Maybe he will be drafted to the under 23s and may get a cup game.

Lynty

If he's not going to play, can't he come on 'holiday' to sunny Manchester and train with our team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Wow that's a shame. I cannot see him featuring for us this season. Maybe he will be drafted to the under 23s and may get a cup game.
I was taking the piss. I imagine he's training with their first team and is on standby in case of an injury crisis. Like @Rozay said, there's a chance he's not playing at our request seeing as January's only 2 months away.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
That seems..odd.. if he's a generational talent. Sorry Messi, we're playing two up top this week so feck off.
If Messi was leaving in 2 months time at 18 I’m sure he wouldn’t be playing very much.

What’s the point of him playing now.

Khalif_20

People don't seem to realize what a gem we have got in Amad. Honestly I'm surprised we've managed to get this deal done - he's the highest rated wonderkid in football.

But that's not all, his refugee background also needs to be taken into consideration. If he truly turns out to be generational like most scouts predict, Amad will be the most inspirational and marketable asset in the sport.