Amad “Traore“ Diallo

K Stand Knut

This year isn't a good marker point to highlight that someone has made a team since January, when the truth is football was disbanded for over 3 months globally, not to mention he was 17 breaking into a team overachieving in Europe, so rightly so they probably felt he'd develop better getting more game time at u19 level, as they were in the UYL (still 2 years above his age group) right up until the world broke.

I can understand why people who haven't heard of him would think it's not a fair price, but this is a good investment for me personally, in terms of his potential and consistent performances in higher age groups over the past 2 seasons.

Also, Atalanta lost the highest regarded player in their academy system, the year they planned on integrating him more into their first team this season, that's not a win.

To put it in perspective, imagine United lost Mason for 20 mill at the beginning of last season, would that be a win? Hypothetical but I'm sure you get my point. At least let him arrive and play shit before you start questioning the deal haha
I think it’s a perfectly acceptable question to ask based on the facts.

I’ll take your points on board. Yes the season was truncated by a pandemic but even then his minutes played were well before the pandemic broke the world.

I don’t have an issue at all with any of it, it just seems a slightly odd transfer with everything known about him.

What is the most odd is the number of people raving about him despite the minimal amount of game time he’s had. There is clearly a lot of people giving opinions on him based on YouTube clips, which is scaty

cyberman

Just read this short piece on transfermarkt about Diallo from last year.

Seem like he is highly rated, but can't help but wonder about the fee, if he is such a gem.. it seems a bit much doesn't it.
Why though? Everybody was mad about getting Bellingham in and if he were playing for Atalanta he wouldn't be a first team player neither?

K Stand Knut

Both City and Utd failed in c.35m€ bids for Mbappe in 2016, where he had a similar amount of first team experience (if he even had any at all at that point).

Some players are worth that extra cost and outlay. And we feel, rightly or wrongly, that Diallo is at that level. Really looking forward to seeing him play.
And look how that turned out.

Spent Tuesday night climbing in and out of United defender pockets.

Terrible player :D

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
This year isn't a good marker point to highlight that someone has made a team since January, when the truth is football was disbanded for over 3 months globally, not to mention he was 17 breaking into a team overachieving in Europe, so rightly so they probably felt he'd develop better getting more game time at u19 level, as they were in the UYL (still 2 years above his age group) right up until the world broke.

I can understand why people who haven't heard of him would think it's not a fair price, but this is a good investment for me personally, in terms of his potential and consistent performances in higher age groups over the past 2 seasons.

Also, Atalanta lost the highest regarded player in their academy system, the year they planned on integrating him more into their first team this season, that's not a win.

To put it in perspective, imagine United lost Mason for 20 mill at the beginning of last season, would that be a win? Hypothetical but I'm sure you get my point. At least let him arrive and play shit before you start questioning the deal haha
They were on the verge of sending him on loan so they clearly weren’t planning to integrate him into the first team this season.

They also obviously haven’t been “shorted” on the deal as they wouldn’t have accepted the deal if they were.

We wouldn’t have accepted an offer of 20m for Mason so that doesn’t add any perspective to anything.

rotherham_red

They were on the verge of sending him on loan so they clearly weren’t planning to integrate him into the first team this season.

They also obviously haven’t been “shorted” on the deal as they wouldn’t have accepted the deal if they were.

We wouldn’t have accepted an offer of 20m for Mason so that doesn’t add any perspective to anything.
I think it's a part of their business plan. By all accounts their youth system is one of the very best around and they often have a surplus of players, particularly in the wide positions.

Diallo was on the verge of going on the same path as Kulusevski, who similarly is a wide player/10 (and who also had just 3 Atalanta appearances to his name) and who went to Parma on loan last year, impressed everyone and got a 35m+ move to Juve, with barely an appearance to his name at Atalanta.

Between the two of them, they've made close to 80m in sales with both barely getting a kick at the club. Can only take my hat off to them, tbh.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
No need for such comments. Have a reasonable discussion without resorting to pettiness.
It’s not really petty though, IT IS a sub par league with the exception of Juve. I mean haven’t they won it for like 10 seasons in a row or something?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I think it's a part of their business plan. By all accounts their youth system is one of the very best around and they often have a surplus of players, particularly in the wide positions.

Diallo was on the verge of going on the same path as Kulusevski, who similarly is a wide player/10 (and who also had just 3 Atalanta appearances to his name) and who went to Parma on loan last year, impressed everyone and got a 35m+ move to Juve, with barely an appearance to his name at Atalanta.

Between the two of them, they've made close to 80m in sales with both barely getting a kick at the club. Can only take my hat off to them, tbh.
Fully agree, their academy has looked really good in recent years.

And it’ll no doubt be a big part of their business plan and that’s why they’ll have been happy with the deal. They won’t be feeling shorted or bitter like the other poster claims.

NickyT

Fully agree, their academy has looked really good in recent years.

And it’ll no doubt be a big part of their business plan and that’s why they’ll have been happy with the deal. They won’t be feeling shorted or bitter like the other poster claims.
Well, only time will tell who got the worse of the deal ayyy, hopefully he gives them good reason to be bitter

Mark Pawelek

I think it’s a perfectly acceptable question to ask based on the facts.

I’ll take your points on board. Yes the season was truncated by a pandemic but even then his minutes played were well before the pandemic broke the world.

I don’t have an issue at all with any of it, it just seems a slightly odd transfer with everything known about him.

What is the most odd is the number of people raving about him despite the minimal amount of game time he’s had. There is clearly a lot of people giving opinions on him based on YouTube clips, which is scaty
The opinions United's scouts have on him are based on scouting him. Not youtube videos. I think we obviously tried to get him for less than they wanted - because the deal happened so late. I bet we eventually caved in on price but still got a deal where the final price is based on his appearances; so less risk for us if he "fails". Doesn't look like a odd deal to me. Looks like a modern deal. I think most people raving about him are basing their opinions on the potential they see; which our scouts clearly see too. Fingers crossed he gets that Italian passport or work permit soon.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Why though? Everybody was mad about getting Bellingham in and if he were playing for Atalanta he wouldn't be a first team player neither?
Not sure what you mean here, but I've seen Bellingham for Dortmund and he is crazy good. After playing in the championship he had a good rep, I've never heard about Diallo. I'm not a scout though so no way of knowing anything but sometimes the fee may be an indication of talent, sometimes it's just a high fee for a player that brings a lot of risk due to his age.

cyberman

Not sure what you mean here, but I've seen Bellingham for Dortmund and he is crazy good. After playing in the championship he had a good rep, I've never heard about Diallo. I'm not a scout though so no way of knowing anything but sometimes the fee may be an indication of talent, sometimes it's just a high fee for a player that brings a lot of risk due to his age.
Bellingham hasnt been that good. He just got embarassed a few days ago in Europe.
My point is if Traore played for a lesser side in the championship he would have a hell of a highlight reel. Thats not really his fault.

Skeezix

He's young. I sincerely hope the fans give him time and be less harsh with our criticisms in case he doesn't perform up to the mark for the first 3 years.

Seems like a real talent though. And for those saying he is not in Atalanta's plans as they were about to send him out on loan - Atalanta have good players on their forward line. They best they could do for him is get him as much game time as possible. Parma seems pretty livid that they can't have him on loan. That speaks volumes. Moreover, COVID seems to hit all clubs really hard, especially those that don't have big commercial revenues. Atalanta might not have wanted to sell him. But the current situation + United's offer was no small fee.

I'm glad we got him for that price. Can't wait to see our new signings play soon enough.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
It is definitely an unprecedented deal in the football world. I couldn't find any similar deal in my memory, buying a player who has only played 20 minutes in the first team with such a big amount of money.

Real Madriad have purchased a few unpolished gems last couple of years, with money arguably higher than United paid for Diallo. But United's boldness still trump them quite a lot. Rodrigo, Vinicius, Renier, the Brazil Trio are all quite young when Real signed them as exorbitant lotteries. They all had considreably more first team experience though.

However, I trust Ole and his scouting team. He has been more than amazing in recruiting.
The Madrid purchases didn't, they had just played by the time they moved from Brazil. Madrid had already bought them much earlier though.

Khalif_20

He's young. I sincerely hope the fans give him time and be less harsh with our criticisms in case he doesn't perform up to the mark for the first 3 years.

Seems like a real talent though. And for those saying he is not in Atalanta's plans as they were about to send him out on loan - Atalanta have good players on their forward line. They best they could do for him is get him as much game time as possible. Parma seems pretty livid that they can't have him on loan. That speaks volumes. Moreover, COVID seems to hit all clubs really hard, especially those that don't have big commercial revenues. Atalanta might not have wanted to sell him. But the current situation + United's offer was no small fee.

I'm glad we got him for that price. Can't wait to see our new signings play soon enough.
This 100%. For all the doubters, just look up reports and opinions of Seria A insiders. Amad is universally considered to be the best talent to appear in Italy for at least a decade.

There's no way Atalanta would have sold Amad for such price if it weren't for Covid. The city of Bergamo was absolutely devasted by the first of wave of the virus, it's financial desperation.

In fact, they've chosen to sell another hugely hyped wonderkid Kulusevski back in January because they recognized Amad as superior, generational talent.

All the ITKs say that we've pulled off the best transfer of the summer and have a future megastar secured. It won't take 3 years for Amad to shine, we can expect him to start rotating in January and challenge for starting RW spot next season.

manutdnigerian

He is still young. I believe he will do well here. Let us please be patient with him and facundo. Good players both.

K Stand Knut

The opinions United's scouts have on him are based on scouting him. Not youtube videos. I think we obviously tried to get him for less than they wanted - because the deal happened so late. I bet we eventually caved in on price but still got a deal where the final price is based on his appearances; so less risk for us if he "fails". Doesn't look like a odd deal to me. Looks like a modern deal. I think most people raving about him are basing their opinions on the potential they see; which our scouts clearly see too. Fingers crossed he gets that Italian passport or work permit soon.
the potential they (not scouts) see Based on YouTubed videos

sounds like a true modern football fan

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It is definitely an unprecedented deal in the football world. I couldn't find any similar deal in my memory, buying a player who has only played 20 minutes in the first team with such a big amount of money.

Real Madriad have purchased a few unpolished gems last couple of years, with money arguably higher than United paid for Diallo. But United's boldness still trump them quite a lot. Rodrigo, Vinicius, Renier, the Brazil Trio are all quite young when Real signed them as exorbitant lotteries. They all had considreably more first team experience though.

However, I trust Ole and his scouting team. He has been more than amazing in recruiting.
Nonsense. They paid Vinicius' €46m buyout clause after he had played 17 minutes of football.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Erm, what? He's showed flashes of talent but generally struggled in their actual matches so far. I think they've rushed him into the first team too quickly, although I'd imagine that was their promise to convince him to join them.

yan man utd

I like that, similar to Pellistri we have acquired 2 Naturally highly technical players who have composure, tricks, creativity and pace on the ball. Players who can keep the ball in tight situations. So important to dominate matches! Of course they are young but they can only get better. They look like United players. I’m feeling optimistic despite the abomination of the start of the season

let’s see how we fare against Chelsea...

Andersons Dietician

Erm, what? He's showed flashes of talent but generally struggled in their actual matches so far. I think they've rushed him into the first team too quickly, although I'd imagine that was their promise to convince him to join them.
The matches I saw he looked like he’d been playing at that level all his life and was dominating proceedings. Haven’t seen him in a few weeks mind. Can’t bring myself to watch Dortmund currently.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The matches I saw he looked like he’d been playing at that level all his life and was dominating proceedings. Haven’t seen him in a few weeks mind. Can’t bring myself to watch Dortmund currently.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one then. Was good in the friendlies, in the actual matches I feel he's been found wanting. You can tell he's going to be a very good player and Dortmund's the right club for that but I think he's been thrown in the deep end and so far is just about keeping his head above the water.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
One of my best friends is very well connected in Italian football. His family have been in and around the Juventus back room team for decades. His oldest friend is Alessandro Del Piero. We don’t talk too much behind the scenes stuff because I don’t like to put him in that position, but I did ask him what he had heard about Diallo.

He told me that pretty much every major club had looked at him and wanted him, and he knew for a fact that Juve desperately wanted him and were pretty convinced he’d follow the same route as Kulusevski - loan to Parma, then transfer to Juve. He said that Diallo was seen as a generational talent by Juve scouts, and they were expecting to pay a fair bit more for him than they’d paid for Kulusevski, as they expected him to tear it up at Parma.

The United deal took everyone by surprise. Juve expected to have competition for his signature after a year of first team football, but they didn’t expect anyone to come in with a sizeable offer now, especially as Atalanta had indicated they weren’t planning to seek him before he’d reached a higher value.

He said that United had evidently been following him for some time, but that this was fairly common practice for top tier talents. Juve were pretty convinced he’d stay in Italy, and domestically they have no competition for signing the best players. Him being snatched from under their noses has apparently ruffled some feathers.

Back to the player. He said that speaking to someone on the coaching team, he was told that Diallo was seen as having that X factor. To be a game changer. He has extraordinary close control and dribbling at speed, and is the best player to come through an Italian youth system in the last twenty years. He said that United got this deal done because they made the player know they wanted him for about the last two years, and they were willing to stump up the cash now when Atalanta needed it most. Waiting a year, his price would be double.

I don’t really know if this tells us anything we don’t already know, but as sources go, this is 100%

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
One of my best friends is very well connected in Italian football. His family have been in and around the Juventus back room team for decades. His oldest friend is Alessandro Del Piero. We don’t talk too much behind the scenes stuff because I don’t like to put him in that position, but I did ask him what he had heard about Diallo.

He told me that pretty much every major club had looked at him and wanted him, and he knew for a fact that Juve desperately wanted him and were pretty convinced he’d follow the same route as Kulusevski - loan to Parma, then transfer to Juve. He said that Diallo was seen as a generational talent by Juve scouts, and they were expecting to pay a fair bit more for him than they’d paid for Kulusevski, as they expected him to tear it up at Parma.

The United deal took everyone by surprise. Juve expected to have competition for his signature after a year of first team football, but they didn’t expect anyone to come in with a sizeable offer now, especially as Atalanta had indicated they weren’t planning to seek him before he’d reached a higher value.

He said that United had evidently been following him for some time, but that this was fairly common practice for top tier talents. Juve were pretty convinced he’d stay in Italy, and domestically they have no competition for signing the best players. Him being snatched from under their noses has apparently ruffled some feathers.

Back to the player. He said that speaking to someone on the coaching team, he was told that Diallo was seen as having that X factor. To be a game changer. He has extraordinary close control and dribbling at speed, and is the best player to come through an Italian youth system in the last twenty years. He said that United got this deal done because they made the player know they wanted him for about the last two years, and they were willing to stump up the cash now when Atalanta needed it most. Waiting a year, his price would be double.

I don’t really know if this tells us anything we don’t already know, but as sources go, this is 100%
:drool:

ReallyUSA

I shed a tear

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

I loved every word of that.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I shed a tear
I loved every word of that.
i don’t like posting “ITK” stuff in here because of the shit you cop, but I know anything I get from him is legit. I was with him in 2006 when Italy won the World Cup, we were in Malibu, and Ale called him from the dressing room after the game. When Ale relocated to LA a few years ago, we all got together for a kick about with some mates. Pretty cool showing up for a pick up game with Alessandro Del Piero, let me tell you.

Hopefully Diallo meets expectations after this post!

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I think Ole likes the Bayern style. As a striker he wants one clinical finisher with two crossers. Utd have too many attacking midfielders (No 10's)... Pogba, VDB, Bruno, Mata. Utd have 4 center forwards ...Martial, Rashford, Cavani and Greenwood.. Ole will lose his job if he chooses the wrong formation. Ole needs too understand the strengths he has in his squad. His choices will determine his future. Just to be clear...Utd don't have wingers, therefore, they cannot play a winger system.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Great ITK and very exciting to read.

also Shows our club isn’t as shambolic as we sometimes think.

hubbuh

I creamed a cream.

hubbuh

i don’t like posting “ITK” stuff in here because of the shit you cop, but I know anything I get from him is legit. I was with him in 2006 when Italy won the World Cup, we were in Malibu, and Ale called him from the dressing room after the game. When Ale relocated to LA a few years ago, we all got together for a kick about with some mates. Pretty cool showing up for a pick up game with Alessandro Del Piero, let me tell you.

Hopefully Diallo meets expectations after this post!
Can we swap lives?

Macern

Pee pee pants

:keano:

SATA

Love it, this should be in the first post of the Diallo performances thread when he arrives here in January

Also little wonder the Juve fan on here threw a tantrum when we signed Diallo over his team. They just couldn’t handle that such a talent has been snatched away from them and away from Serie A

Santoryo

ripping the reward

I read this post 5 times :drool:

Mark Pawelek

Juve already had Bernardeschi. Last season bought Kulusevski for £31.50m. This season got Chiesa on loan for £9m and option to buy for £££. With 3 right-wingers why'd need another?

Idxomer

Juve already had Bernardeschi. Last season bought Kulusevski for £31.50m. This season got Chiesa on loan for £9m and option to buy for £££. With 3 right-wingers why'd need another?
Because it's Juve, they love to stock players.