Amad “Traore“ Diallo

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Yes definitely. By all reports, he's a generational talent already skilled/fast enough to surge past Prem fullbacks and create clear cut chances.

Rotational role from January until the end of the season, very likely owning that RW spot next season.
I posted some “inside” info on him earlier in this thread, which seems to have generated a lot of excitement. But that wasn’t my intent. In all honesty, I think your expectations are completely unrealistic. It’s a huge step up for him. Generational talent or not, we don’t know how he’s going to cope with regular first team football in a physical league. I would think he’ll need at least two years to make an impact. But I’ve always been patient and conservative with young players.

Excitement is contagious, but I really don’t think posts like yours are helpful. No offence. It just leads to so much hype, which isn’t helpful to anyone. Developmental trajectories are wildly unpredictable and non linear.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Of the right wingers, is this lad the one considered best "ready to go"?
Read through some of the earlier posts in this thread. But don’t hype up your expectations. He is a player of enormous promise, but when he’ll be ready for first team football in the Premier League, on a regular basis, is anyone’s guess. And I would say if he makes any meaningful impact between January and the end of the season, you should be pleasantly surprised.

Personally I think we should look to next season before he is in contention for a rotational squad role. Remember he’s young, coming to a new country, and a new style of football. I’ve been told he’s a very resilient and determined lad, forged by his childhood experiences, so my hopes for his acclimatisation are good.

Bondi77

Amethystxx

Amad is in subs list for tonight UCL games. Is this means he cup-tied for us?

Khalif_20

I posted some “inside” info on him earlier in this thread, which seems to have generated a lot of excitement. But that wasn’t my intent. In all honesty, I think your expectations are completely unrealistic. It’s a huge step up for him. Generational talent or not, we don’t know how he’s going to cope with regular first team football in a physical league. I would think he’ll need at least two years to make an impact. But I’ve always been patient and conservative with young players.

Excitement is contagious, but I really don’t think posts like yours are helpful. No offence. It just leads to so much hype, which isn’t helpful to anyone. Developmental trajectories are wildly unpredictable and non linear.
Apologies, there has been a misunderstanding. My estimation of Amad's skill and his likely development is not based on, or related to your post.

I'm in touch with several verified ITKs reporting nothing but superlatives on Amad. His inclusion in our first team is a question of only few months, he's generational and massive transfer coup.

The reason why I enjoyed and 100% believe your Del Piero story is because it's consistent with the info I'm hearing as well.

Grande

Apologies, there has been a misunderstanding. My estimation of Amad's skill and his likely development is not based on, or related to your post.

I'm in touch with several verified ITKs reporting nothing but superlatives on Amad. His inclusion in our first team is a question of only few months, he's generational and massive transfer coup.

The reason why I enjoyed and 100% believe your Del Piero story is because it's consistent with the info I'm hearing as well.
I agree with @simonhch on that you might do well to take on board that going from U19 in Italy to PL normally takes time, even for players you have heard great stuff about the potential of. You sound much to certain to sound trustworthy.

Khalif_20

I agree with @simonhch on that you might do well to take on board that going from U19 in Italy to PL normally takes time, even for players you have heard great stuff about the potential of. You sound much to certain to sound trustworthy.
Wise words, it's always preferable to stay cautious when setting expectations for youth players and normally I'd agree, but Amad isn't just your usual wonderkid.

Why do you think we've paid so much for him? "Best kept secret in football", you'll recall this phrase when he's running circles around VVD in 10 months.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There's too much hype / completely belief in his abilities on the caf. It's a good thing for there to be positivity surrounding the kid but it'll only lead to massive disappointment for many if it turns out that he's one that needs a lot more time and patience, to truly shine.

I feel like everyone is expecting him to immediately be for us what Dembele, Sancho, Fabregas etc were in their breakthrough seasons for their respective clubs. One of those incredible young players who instantly looks a soon to be world beater.

Of course we should all hope for that to be the case. But considering his lack of senior football, I'd take him showing real potential at the start and if it takes time to adapt, it's fine.

Gordon S

Lots of hype building for a kid that hasn´t even started his senior career!
I fear a minor meltdown if he is not tearing it up within 3 games...

CG1010

He is sublime in terms of his ball control and dribbling. I would like to think that he can be a nice complement to Greenwood who has such a terrific eye for the goal. And if the talk about him being a generational talent is true, I genuinely think our attack would be set for a number of years!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Theoretically, if he'd have come on last night and we make it through to the knockouts, would he have been cup tied?
Nope it resets after the group stage / jan transfer window.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Him and his “several verified ITKs” think Diallo is currently a similar level to Paulo Dybala. So, yea they aren’t trustworthy at all and rather are undeniably full of shit.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Don’t think Pogba had any problems there and Lukaku and Young seem to be enjoying themselves at Inter.
There’s not even any need to go here, let’s not act as if the issues of racism in Italian football is even up for debate.

Red_toad

He is sublime in terms of his ball control and dribbling. I would like to think that he can be a nice complement to Greenwood who has such a terrific eye for the goal. And if the talk about him being a generational talent is true, I genuinely think our attack would be set for a number of years!
Quick look round the Caf threads and there's at least 15 players who are all going to be generational talents. Seems to term is just a throw away comment now based on zero. In my opinion the best youth players I've watched live were Giggsy and Ravel, not crossed my mind to think they were a generational talents at 16/17/18. Way too many variables and it's just daft to think anyone can forecast how a player will develop. History defines generational talents, not forecasts.

I hope Diallo has a very successful career and he does look a good prospect, everything is just pure speculative hype. He should get plenty of chances to prove himself at United, as he's very much a good candidate for the right side of attack, he just needs to oust Greenwood, if he can manage that then he'll go on to have a very good career.

CG1010

Quick look round the Caf threads and there's at least 15 players who are all going to be generational talents. Seems to term is just a throw away comment now based on zero. In my opinion the best youth players I've watched live were Giggsy and Ravel, not crossed my mind to think they were a generational talents at 16/17/18. Way too many variables and it's just daft to think anyone can forecast how a player will develop. History defines generational talents, not forecasts.

I hope Diallo has a very successful career and he does look a good prospect, everything is just pure speculative hype. He should get plenty of chances to prove himself at United, as he's very much a good candidate for the right side of attack, he just needs to oust Greenwood, if he can manage that then he'll go on to have a very good career.
15 generational talents according to the caf.. that seems to be a throwaway comment!

it’s a buzz word, and quite frankly it’s meaningless, and just banded around to compliment a player with potential.

go back 10 years ago and look at who were the most hyped youngsters in world football, most of them would have turned out to be average players.

99% of this forum hadn’t even heard of this guy a month ago, myself included.

I’m looking forward to seeing him play, and it’s in a position we need, but in no way can I be making any kind of judgement or forecast on him until he starts playing.

Red_toad

it’s a buzz word, and quite frankly it’s meaningless, and just banded around to compliment a player with potential.

go back 10 years ago and look at who were the most hyped youngsters in world football, most of them would have turned out to be average players.

99% of this forum hadn’t even heard of this guy a month ago, myself included.

I’m looking forward to seeing him play, and it’s in a position we need, but in no way can I be making any kind of judgement or forecast on him until he starts playing.
Ravel didn't even make it as an average player :confused: shame he's got 'issues' that still haven't resolved themselves.

Yes I agree it's a meaningless comment, as you look back on a players career to see if they managed to become a generational player, not when they're still a teenager. It's a typical football forum comment to hype up a player based on very little actual knowledge of him, other than a few youtube clips.

jesperjaap

Undoubtetly talented from clips on youtube, whether he is a generational talent or its a throwaway talent of course remains to be seen.

What does need to be rememebered is his age and fact he has barely played any first team football at all.

Lets not forget Greenwood though out of position and despite the goals is still finding his feet for us as a player of similar standing and he grew up with the club. Or ROnaldo that came here with an even more burgeoning reputation and despite the amazing talent took some time to settle and lose the show pony tag and have an end product.

We are talkign here about world class potential with barely a minute of first team football so far. Even not playing wingers, if he was already as good as some are hyping him, he would be starting for Atalanta.

The other side of the coin of course is....we didnt sign Dembele or Sancho so there is a big opportunity for him to get game time when we play our common formation as we still have no real right wingers. Its Greenwood out of position, an ageing Mata or a doesnt look anywhere near good enough James as competition.....I do expect him to get plenty of minutes from th ebench at least this season

Ravel didn't even make it as an average player :confused: shame he's got 'issues' that still haven't resolved themselves.

Yes I agree it's a meaningless comment, as you look back on a players career to see if they managed to become a generational player, not when they're still a teenager. It's a typical football forum comment to hype up a player based on very little actual knowledge of him, other than a few youtube clips.
And we all know the story of Ravel very well as we are United fans, but other clubs all have their Ravel’s. He’s not in any way unique.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
We are talkign here about world class potential with barely a minute of first team football so far. Even not playing wingers, if he was already as good as some are hyping him, he would be starting for Atalanta.
Atalanta also don't have any incentive to invest time and let him play through his inexperience in the first team if he is going to leave them in January anyways.

prateik

Can he join the club and start training? I know he cant be registered till Jan, but if he isnt playing there, why not move, settle in and not play here.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Can he join the club and start training? I know he cant be registered till Jan, but if he isnt playing there, why not move, settle in and not play here.
It's a working permit issue, not an issue with PL squad registration. He can't move to UK yet.

harms

Staff
History defines generational talents, not forecasts.
History defines generational players. Talent is another thing – not every generational talent is going to transform into a great (or even good) player.

prateik

It's a working permit issue, not an issue with PL squad registration. He can't move to UK yet.
Not to play professionally.. surely he can move across Europe with Atlanta without issues.. He'll be an Atlanta player till he is registered.. Don't we have trialists over all the time?

georgipep

Not to play professionally.. surely he can move across Europe with Atlanta without issues.. He'll be an Atlanta player till he is registered.. Don't we have trialists over all the time?
You are basically saying for him to commit an offence by pretending to be visiting England as a tourist or as part of a temporary visit but to actually stay and perform the same activities as he would if he were employed by United?

I think it's clear why that would not be advisable.

Also, it is Atalanta, not Atlanta.

prateik

You are basically saying for him to commit an offence by pretending to be visiting England as a tourist or as part of a temporary visit but to actually stay and perform the same activities as he would if he were employed by United?

Is having trialists over breaking the law?

We have had plenty of players over for trial who dont have a work permit.. the ones that come to mind are Tosic and Ljajic.. we ended up getting a work permit for Tosic but not Ljajic. I am sure there have been several others who have trials with the youth teams. Pinyaev has been over for trial several times. Russia isnt even in the EU and he is 15. We cant sign him till he turns 18.

harms

Staff

We have had plenty of players over for trial who dont have a work permit.. the ones that come to mind are Tosic and Ljajic.. we ended up getting a work permit for Tosic but not Ljajic. I am sure there have been several others who have trials with the youth teams. Pinyaev has been over for trial several times. Russia isnt even in the EU and he is 15. We cant sign him till he turns 18.
He can probably get a trial for what, 2 weeks? Getting a "trial" for him, considering that everyone in the world knows that we've already signed him for tens of millions and are considering him an important player for our future? His getting a tourist visa would cause the same issues.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Technically it may be seen to be. He could visit as part of his holiday but what would that serve? We already know about him and wouldn’t be splashing the sum quoted if we weren’t convinced.
The rules change on Jan 1st 2021, and he already has a job offer to satisfy the skilled workers criterion. Don’t know why we need to be rushing it. It’s only 8 weeks away

cyberman

But its based off of reports from those in Italy and is reflective in the transfer fee.
What I do find strange are Utd fans downplaying reports of his potential despite never seeing hin play. Theres literally no reason to do so yet here we are.

foolsgold

May well be an insurance thing about him being covered for injury etc, it's only 2 months it's not a drama