Amad “Traore“ Diallo

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I find it pretty hard to judge pace unless there are clips of him in a footrace (or if they're Mbappe level rapid), but he has a pretty decent turn of speed/acceleration at 1:36 in this clip

As an aside, looks a good passer.

NickyT

This kid has a couple of months before he actually even comes to Manchester, and people are already writing him off :confused:

Everyone should relax with the Ronaldo comparisons because that's just ridiculous, you're literally setting a ridiculously high bar.

Just know this kid is talented enough for us to spend at least 20 mill up front, with only 3 senior appearances to his name, not to mention he's only just turned 18 a couple of months ago.

Be more optimistic, energy is soo off from some of you!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This kid has a couple of months before he actually even comes to Manchester, and people are already writing him off :confused:
I don't think I've seen anyone come close to writing him off.

DoomSlayer

The lad looks like a proper baller, I can't believe the club decided to do the deal at the last possible moment of the transfer window, only because another team stepped in and now we have to wait until January to have a proper left-footed RW. :houllier:

macheda14

Amad comes from Côte d’Ivoire
No one knows who you are
A potential 45 million if performance related add ons are hit down the drain
As Amad Diallo scores again

Everyone should relax with the Ronaldo comparisons because that's just ridiculous, you're literally setting a ridiculously high bar.

Just know this kid is talented enough for us to spend at least 20 mill up front, with only 3 senior appearances to his name, not to mention he's only just turned 18 a couple of months ago.

have made up this entire narrative?

who is comparing him to Ronaldo? And on the other hand, who is writing him off?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The lad looks like a proper baller, I can't believe the club decided to do the deal at the last possible moment of the transfer window, only because another team stepped in and now we have to wait until January to have a proper left-footed RW. :houllier:
Stop being ridiculous.

Most sources say we were negotiating for him for ages, Atlanta just refused until we made them a very high offer. 40m for a kid that’s only played 3 games so far is insane money and that is a big amount for them.

they were happy to loan him to Parma and perhaps after that stint he would have been worth even more.

DoomSlayer

Stop being ridiculous.

Most sources say we were negotiating for him for ages, Atlanta just refused until we made them a very high offer. 40m for a kid that’s only played 3 games so far is insane money and that is a big amount for them.

they were happy to loan him to Parma and perhaps after that stint he would have been worth even more.
It's not 40 million though, is it? It's 19-20 million Euro as a base fee and the rest in add-ons, which we won't pay unless the player proves his worth. We paid almost 18 million Euro for James so it's a similar type of deal in terms of initial investment.

There is nothing ridiculous in what I've said, we should have signed our targets for the required positions before the season started. We always struggle with this part of pre-season preparation, just as much as we struggle to offload unwanted players.

George Beast

Am I the only one who thinks the amount we paid for him is ridiculously high? Like extortionately so.

Red_toad

Am I the only one who thinks the amount we paid for him is ridiculously high? Like extortionately so.
Why so? Half of it is linked to outcomes he may or may not achieve. If Brewster is worth 20 million plus to Sheff United, then how does anyone understand any players value?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Depends how much you’ve scouted him compared to our scouts

M16Red

It helps with his work permit if needed as it can be classed as a business investment. I read that somewhere.

R77

That is. Thanks.

There's so many people and a wide range of perspectives on here, that there's bound to be at least one or two. In this case though, unusually, I've not really seen them ?

Over half of it (iirc) is add ons, so if he does end up costing the full amount it will actually be a bargain. Was Martial worth 50m? There's been many threads calling for us to sign the next Messi, Sancho, etc... So we're giving it a go at least. It'll always be a gamble with young players, but in this case the potential upshot is huge and worth it. IMO.

My main worry by far is the legal situation. Hope it works out.

It helps with his work permit if needed as it can be classed as a business investment. I read that somewhere.
a business investment can be £50, £50m or £500m. I’m not sure what the logic here is?

For non EU players you used to have to show they were an exceptional talent if they didn’t meet the rules of playing a certain number of international games. Clearly in that instance, you can argue the more expensive the player, the more talented he is.

I don’t imagine, though that’s a reason in itself to pay more.

I would expect the deal to be dependent on his work permit. That’s why we haven’t bought him yet. We have big loaned him back as far as im aware. I’d he doesn’t get a work permit, we don’t complete the deal.

George Beast

Why so? Half of it is linked to outcomes he may or may not achieve. If Brewster is worth 20 million plus to Sheff United, then how does anyone understand any players value?
Hadn't realised half of it was add-ons but not sure Brewster is a good comparison considering he got 11 goals in the 22 games in the Championship last season, compared to 3 sub appearances and a goal. This is clearly a gamble but we can only hope it's one that pays off

TsuWave

Real agreed a £37M move for Vinicius before his pro debut, no? If clubs think you're exceptional then it is what it is.

NickyT

have made up this entire narrative?

who is comparing him to Ronaldo? And on the other hand, who is writing him off?
For me personally, this is a direct comparison to Ronaldo's I quote 'Level of talent' Sorry but how is this not negative? Especially when you're basing your analysis of 1 or 2 youtube vids.

Finally finished to watching those games.

He's clearly above his age group. He may be good enough for first team football, but I wouldn't expect game changing/ game unlocking level. Not enough games, and don't see in any of these games, that he has unplayable ceiling. Therefore, I don't see this as Messi, Ronaldo level of talent. He's not explosive in his play, something those beast of young players show when they bursted into the scene.

NickyT

I reckon the fee was more to do with avoiding work permit issues, as it would be harder with no international games to his name.

For me personally, this is a direct comparison to Ronaldo's I quote 'Level of talent' Sorry but how is this not negative? Especially when you're basing your analysis of 1 or 2 youtube vids.
to be clear I’ve not watched any you tube videos of him. And I’ve not watched the whopping 24 mins he’s played.

I suspect I’m like the vast majority of people. I have no opinion of him, but looking forward to seeing him play once he arrives.

fergosaurus

He does look an exceptional talent in the limited footage of him knocking about so I can see why the club gambled. Pellistri looks very exciting too. I love these kind of signings.

ROFLUTION

So, we presented him as Amad Diallo on SoMe. His real name is Diallo, and Traore is just the adobted name for italian passport, in a case that seems a bit of a mess.

@Mods: Shouldn't the thread title be Amad Diallo? Or at least Amad Diallo Traore. He might have Diallo on his back when he features, if that's what he's presented like on SoMe

NoPace

It's unclear to me why I should be anything but excited for this kid. Seems like a very high level overall wing prospect and we badly need someone who can play on the right. If he's

AFC NimbleThumb

I find it pretty hard to judge pace unless there are clips of him in a footrace (or if they're Mbappe level rapid), but he has a pretty decent turn of speed/acceleration at 1:36 in this clip

As an aside, looks a good passer.
The pitches in that video look like marshes & he looks rapid; he’ll look even quicker on the carpets we’ve got in the Premier League.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
We'll see early flashes of brilliance over the next couple of years which will intially result in posters calling him a 'generational talent' or some other bollocks. However, ultimately this will turn to near universal contempt at his rampant inconsistency with finally the Caf declaring him, "Just not good enough." In the end we'll flog him to Everton or Lyon where he'll continue to flatter to deceive.

Last edited:

Okey

We'll see early flashes of brilliance over the next couple of years which will intially result in posters calling him a 'generational talent' or some other bollocks. However, ultimately this will turn to near universal contempt at his rampant inconsistency with the finally the Caf declaring him, "Just not good enough." In the end we'll flog him to Everton or Lyon where he'll continue to flatter to deceive.
Hahaha! That's top pessimism. I'm busy getting excited that between him and Pellistri, we'll ultimately be vindicated for not paying for Sancho (for whom I can't shake a bad vibe, having watched all his games for England and seen him in the champions league that he may be just a tad overrated).

georgipep

Because it’s a factor used when determining eligibility for a work permit.
Thanks, I did not know that. Just read up on the points system for work permits. That's some weird logic (I get the underlying rationale but I don't necessarily agree with it) but hey...Brexit...

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We'll see early flashes of brilliance over the next couple of years which will intially result in posters calling him a 'generational talent' or some other bollocks. However, ultimately this will turn to near universal contempt at his rampant inconsistency with the finally the Caf declaring him, "Just not good enough." In the end we'll flog him to Everton or Lyon where he'll continue to flatter to deceive.
Someone piss in your strawberries?

jackal&hyde

Someone piss in your strawberries?
:lol:

Given how talented everyone says he is, I'd expect to see him get a few games this season already. You don't pay that kind of money for someone expected to stay 2 years in the reserves. Must be a truly special case, like Greenwood.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
:lol:

Given how talented everyone says he is, I'd expect to see him get a few games this season already. You don't pay that kind of money for someone expected to stay 2 years in the reserves. Must be a truly special case, like Greenwood.
I'm optimistic. Granted I've only watched his vids but he does have that raw fearlessness that Ronaldo possessed when he first started. Seems to love having the ball.

Pellestri is the same

Gabagoo

I've only seen YouTube clips, so I'm saying right now that I have next to no idea about him.

From what I have seen, he doesn't look quite as impressive as the hype would suggest. Good player, definitely, but he's not skipping past players for fun. I think he will end up being a good 1st team squad option - which will be success in my view.

ROFLUTION

Not sold on Pellistri who looks like lacking end-product, but this guy seems like a really big talent.

Now that we didn't get Sancho, I think we've scouted Diallo a lot and mean business by playing him in the future and not going for Sancho again. (The total cost of Sancho is quite a lot)