Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Looked skillful but didnt show the biggest work rate in the 10 mins he played.

However, il give him the benefit of the doubt considering he was playing in his weaker position.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeh I meant after the third to be honest. 65 minutes then. I think he should have been on sooner for sure.
Still the first leg against a team a which was one of the favourites in the odds (look at the Young Boys v Leverkusen game to see how things can change quick in a short space of time). Think we played it right. With the fourth goal he'll play a lot more in the second leg.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
That’s fair, but now the tie is pretty much done so he can hopefully start the home leg.
Yeh I would hope so. Fair play to everyone involved tonight, a good performance and result. At least Diallo gets a debut, I bet that will make him feel great.

croadyman

However, il give him the benefit of the doubt considering he was playing in his weaker position.
Did you not see where he pressed and nearly intercepted the ball similar to that goal against Liverpool for the U23's

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Still the first leg against a team a which was one of the favourites in the odds (look at the Young Boys v Leverkusen game to see how things can change quick in a short space of time). Think we played it right. With the fourth goal he'll play a lot more in the second leg.
Yeh potentially. I personally prefer to be slightly less cautious. It was probably the one thing I liked about LVG (although he took it too far!). I just don’t think he would have been detrimental on our performance even if he came on earlier, Diallo is clearly a classy player

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Did you not see where he pressed and nearly intercepted the ball similar to that goal against Liverpool for the U23's
I did but he is playing against adults and the speed& the strength is a whole different game.

Not calling him lazy at all(especially after 10mins), as i think he might be concentrating on other stuff when playing on a weaker position.

Devil may care

Best 18 year old Amad in the world! :D Showed some nice footwork on one occassion and made a couple of good off the ball runs, hopefully he gets a start in the 2nd leg.

stu_1992

I did think it was almost a sick joke to wait all this time for a proper right winger, we sign one for pretty big money considering his age, wait half a season for him to make a debut (I know it wasn't completed until January) ...and then he come on and plays on the left! To be fair, I understand why, James was having a great game on the right in the second half but still!

Thiagoal

What game were you watching? He pretty much pressed them from the second he came on. Thought his work rate was impressive!

Woodzy

Played an instrumental part in watching Dan James score. Definitely going to be up there with Haaland and Mbappe.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I did think it was almost a sick joke to wait all this time for a proper right winger, we sign one for pretty big money considering his age, wait half a season for him to make a debut (I know it wasn't completed until January) ...and then he come on and plays on the left! To be fair, I understand why, James was having a great game on the right in the second half but still!
The weird thing is, James would be happier on the left. I guess Ole figured he had Monreal on toast so made sense to leave him out there.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I think I was literally sucking the ball out of my tv, towards our left wing. Absolutely desperate for him to get on the ball.
Haha. Me too. I almost completely missed James run and finish because I was watching his movement

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Looks to have great skills, and is already taller than James.
Would like to see him get a full debut in the home leg, and James has earned the chance to play on the other side, left or right.

justsomebloke

That's an absurd comment. There was practically nothing happening on his side of the pitch. Made two long, fast and excellent runs, didn't see him pass up any opportunities for more. Got involved defensively too.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I’d love it but there’s no chance. It’ll be on at 70/80 minutes provided we are as comfortable again.
I think he will start Amad in the 2nd leg (Amad and James wide, play on the break). Shoretire on the bench but to make his debut.

Mickson

Haha. Me too. I almost completely missed James run and finish because I was watching his movement
I wasn't even cheering James goal because I wanted him to pass it to Amad :lol:
Fair play to James, though. He was very good today.

Status
Not open for further replies.