6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Hopefully we get to see him play with the first choice team at some point as think that will make a difference

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I actually agree, the way he moves and touches the ball is special. We haven't seen it too much obviously and I don't want to get carried away but I do see him as our RW, probably next season.
Plus he has Ronaldo-like feet speed.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I turned off at 60 mins because I'm abroad on holiday and got bored and tired due to the time difference.

How many mins did he get? Who was better him or Shoretire and what positions did they occupy.

croadyman

I turned off at 60 mins because I'm abroad on holiday and got bored and tired due to the time difference.

How many mins did he get? Who was better him or Shoretire and what positions did they occupy.
Amad got around 34 mins and Shola 19 mins but just didn't see enough off the ball, they both ran into trouble a couple of times and personally feel that it's difficult to judge him when not playing with the main players

Bebestation

Amad got around 34 mins and Shola 19 mins but just didn't see enough off the ball, they both ran into trouble a couple of times and personally feel that it's difficult to judge him when not playing with the main players
Thanks mate.

Bebestation

Hopefully shows people we still need to sign a starter RW
Yeah personally I'm happy with Greenwood and Amad competing for the inverted RW spot - getting another inverted RW doesnt make sense so I hope we go for someone like Sancho who is more a creative outlet from the RW than an inverted forward.

We see that James can be productive as a RW with a right foot so Sancho seems like the better version of him (no harm meant for James).

Sylar

Glad he got minutes, hopefully we see him have cameos here and there and were in good winning positions to do so. Would be nice if we got a good opponent next where we can finish the tie in the first leg as we did in this round

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
In the age of YouTube people want to a signing to excite like yesterday. He cost a bucket load so he ain't no normal youngster but I don't expect anything substantial until this time next season.

YzWayne

Was I watching a different game?

For me his first touches was so-so. He is also quite tiny and easily will be bullied around by PL players. He does has some good techiques but other than that, I think we need Sancho.

stu_1992

Just like after his first appearance, it just felt like he never really had the ball so it's hard to come to any conclusion about how he played. A part of me thinks he needs to be more assertive but, in his defense, the entire team was completely passive by the time he came on. I did have bigger hopes with the 30 minutes he got last night. Still think he should have started, not sure where he's going to pick up minutes in the next few weeks unless we get an easier opponent in the next round.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Ahh yes such brilliant management from Ole. So apparently it was too risky to start him with some of the first team players where he might have got the ball. Instead Ole waits until the game is dead and we have stopped playing to bring him on. Low and behold he plays crap without getting any ball and some fans come in and say “he’s clearly not ready”. Excellent management :rolleyes:

GazTheLegend

Poor from Ole not to start him. By the time he was put on the game was in the bin.
Nonsense. He's blatantly not ready for first team football but it was the right decision to give him a taste. Amad and Shola were clearly off the pace of what is a very, very good la Liga team, but you can see how good they are going to be.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ahh yes such brilliant management from Ole. So apparently it was too risky to start him with some of the first team players where he might have got the ball. Instead Ole waits until the game is dead and we have stopped playing to bring him on. Low and behold he plays crap without getting any ball and some fans come in and say “he’s clearly not ready”. Excellent management :rolleyes:
This is what annoys me the most. We had the perfect chance to give him a proper match and get some real experience, instead we threw him on with the game dead and surrounded him with Tuanzebe and Williams :houllier:

United barely had the ball for 30 minutes, he and Shoretire hardly had a kick between them. If his golden boy James didn't get injured I doubt he would have got more than 15 either.

Smores

Perfectly summed up there. If the aim was not to put too much pressure on him then it didn't work did it. Then you'll get the situation where he feels he has to do something with limited minutes so forces the play, something which is a common issue with youngsters.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Most of these are plastic glory hunters and don't understand a great chant when they see one as they've never been to OT
I'd love to see someone try that chant in the stadium :lol:

Most are only a few lines long and peter out after...no one has the patience to sing sing whole songs anymore.Pete Boyle used to try and get loads of original songs going but even he failed

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This is what annoys me the most. We had the perfect chance to give him a proper match and get some real experience, instead we threw him on with the game dead and surrounded him with Tuanzebe and Williams :houllier:

United barely had the ball for 30 minutes, he and Shoretire hardly had a kick between them. If his golden boy James didn't get injured I doubt he would have got more than 15 either.
And we nearly conceded 2 goals in the first few minutes.

They're both kids playing against senior adults who were no mugs.RS are a decent side and weren't going to roll over.Shoretire was easily dispossessed due to him being physically still a junior,Amad was also bundled off the ball a couple of times.Yes they could have come on earlier if we had scored earlier and really put it beyond reach, and we could have started both if we had the midfield personnel available.

We finished the game with more academy graduates on the pitch and it was good experience to play at OT without the pressure of the crowd.Their time will come and I can't fathom the hysteria on here because some people's player of the moment didn't start. The opposition wasn't a shit Liverpool or Blackburn U23 but awell organised La Liga outfit with experienced pros

Irrational.

I’m still baffled why he didn’t start. Apparently one of the hottest talents in world football who we may end up paying up to €40 million for.

4-0 up in a dead rubber with a key game coming up at the weekend and Ole decides to start and risk injuries to the likes of Bruno, Fred and AWB when just a couple of days earlier Bayern gave 17 year old Jamal Musiala a start in the first leg of a CL game.

Either Ole has no idea about squad rotation and is incredibly risk-averse, or he was a panic buy and Ole doesn’t feel he is ready.

Makes zero sense not to give him a start yesterday.

I think he’s going to be a star but Ole needs to be more brave with his youngsters in the same way Sir Alex was.

Jaxa

Ridiculous bringing him on when we had no midfielders on the pitch bar Matic, a CDM,

There was just a massive hole in that midfield and we couldn't get a pass from back to the front so the lad had nothing to work with, the same for shoretire.

Really strange subs from Ole last night, I get we are very short on Midfielders but the team were so disjointed in that second half.

bsCallout

I’m still baffled why he didn’t start. Apparently one of the hottest talents in world football who we may end up paying up to €40 million for.

4-0 up in a dead rubber with a key game coming up at the weekend and Ole decides to start and risk injuries to the likes of Bruno, Fred and AWB when just a couple of days earlier Bayern gave 17 year old Jamal Musiala a start in the first leg of a CL game.

Either Ole has no idea about squad rotation and is incredibly risk-averse, or he was a panic buy and Ole doesn’t feel he is ready.

I think he’s going to be a star but Ole needs to be more brave with his youngsters in the same way Sir Alex was.
Thing is Ole is already giving minutes to a youngster at RW. He's also giving minutes to James who is fairly young.

I'm sure Ole is managing it correctly based on what he is seeing in training.

bsCallout

Ridiculous bringing him on when we had no midfielders on the pitch bar Matic, a CDM,

There was just a massive hole in that midfield and we couldn't get a pass from back to the front so the lad had nothing to work with, the same for shoretire.

Really strange subs from Ole last night, I get we are very short on Midfielders but the team were so disjointed in that second half.
Because it didn't matter. The game was done, so it's just about giving minutes to players that need it.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Its been incremental what Ole has been doing for the two kids. This is the long term approach.
It will give the kids time to reflect and learn. They will know through the post match analysis the delta and how they can bridge it. Its not some game of dare where he needs to sink or float.

Mr PG

Let's all remember how Evra and Vidic looked on their first starts for us and they were seasoned professionals.

Withnail

Because it didn't matter. The game was done, so it's just about giving minutes to players that need it.
Exactly, the two young lads just need minutes and exposure to the first team environment at this stage. They aren't ready for first team football and may not even be ready next season. They both need to bulk up and may need a loan or two.

I've seen people mention Amad's pricetag but they shouldn't come into anyone's argument about whether or not he should be starting a game, dead rubber or not.

bsCallout

Exactly, the two young lads just need minutes and exposure to the first team environment at this stage. They aren't ready for first team football and may not even be ready next season. They both need to bulk up and may need a loan or two.

I've seen people mention Amad's pricetag but they shouldn't come into anyone's argument about whether or not he should be starting a game, dead rubber or not.
I'm not sure that Diallo will go on loan. I think he'll be fine with the physicality once he gets used to it and I think he has the quality. He just needs minutes and to keep working with the team in training to understand his role and the demands. It took Fred over a season yet people expect a young kid to be ready now when he's barely played senior football even outside of the PL.

Unfortunately he didn't join in the summer to play some of the early cup games. Now every game is a must win and that's a lot of pressure for him.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Couldn't disagree more.

Right now he is on Greenwoods trajectory or a little better.
He has the physique of a child. He is not ready for PL football. He is also incredibly raw. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if he goes out on loan next year.

We need to be patient with him.

Tarrou

because the coaches watch him every day and he isn't ready yet

he isn't going to play an active role this season, that is abundantly clear..

giving him 30 minutes is a good experience, and will help lessen the nerves the next time he's involved.. there is nothing else to it than that

Lentwood

Looked good to me, moved nicely with the ball, clearly confident, clearly very direct.

I highly doubt he will be going on loan personally, I think it will be steady integration into the match day squad

Real Name

Reading the thread, it almost impossible to figure out if Amed is going to be the GOAT or a dud. ''He should have started, a mistake by Ole'' to ''he is years away from being a starter''!

:houllier::houllier::houllier:
In other words nobody has a clue but pretend like they do.
Give him time although I can see him being called a dud or a next big thing based on a game per game..

Crashoutcassius

has he passed 100 minutes of professional football between his two appearances? he had 19 when we signed him last summer so maybe not. so funny to read people judging him hahahahahah

Status
Not open for further replies.