6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashoutcassius

Ridiculous bringing him on when we had no midfielders on the pitch bar Matic, a CDM,

There was just a massive hole in that midfield and we couldn't get a pass from back to the front so the lad had nothing to work with, the same for shoretire.

Really strange subs from Ole last night, I get we are very short on Midfielders but the team were so disjointed in that second half.
is it really ridiculous bringing him on??? half the forum said it was ridiculous not starting him in each of the last 5 games.

this thread is actually the highest entertainment thread in the caf lately. its like he has to play perfectly or his is an instant flop, to the point that people dont want him to play unless it is easy AND meaningless AND all the best players are on AND we are playing great, and if he doesn't get on the ball then they will say the players wont pass him the ball and then if they do and he messes up its cos Ole wont play him enough and he doesn't have match sharpness and he's no Ole's player and our club is run by idiots and yes men etc.

if people just think of him as an expensive shoretire where nobody actually cares if he plays then it'll be less stress, might work out might not

Hammondo

Ahh yes such brilliant management from Ole. So apparently it was too risky to start him with some of the first team players where he might have got the ball. Instead Ole waits until the game is dead and we have stopped playing to bring him on. Low and behold he plays crap without getting any ball and some fans come in and say “he’s clearly not ready”. Excellent management :rolleyes:
Well it would have been stupid to start him.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He's an inexperienced kid who only recently joined the club. This isn't FIFA.
He was bought for a fair amount of money and the only way to gain experience is to put him into new situations. We were 4-0 up and effectively through to the next round, what was their to lose? If he can't start when a tie is already won then when else is a better time to start him?

Hammondo

He was bought for a fair amount of money and the only way to gain experience is to put him into new situations. We were 4-0 up and effectively through to the next round, what was their to lose? If he can't start when a tie is already won then when else is a better time to start him?
Fair enough but I would still wait for half time.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Fair enough but I would still wait for half time.
He didnt even come on at half time thoygh did he? Hes played UCL football for Atalanta before arriving also. I think he probably should have started this one if he was fully fit

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ahh yes such brilliant management from Ole. So apparently it was too risky to start him with some of the first team players where he might have got the ball. Instead Ole waits until the game is dead and we have stopped playing to bring him on. Low and behold he plays crap without getting any ball and some fans come in and say “he’s clearly not ready”. Excellent management :rolleyes:
Yeah, it’s management that’s the problem here. Nothing to do with fans being impatient.

laughtersassassin

Should have been given minutes when the team was actually interested in going forward.

Can't draw anything from a performance in a game where we decided to stop going forward.

Literally the only thing it showed is he has a good defensive work rate

he’s been at the club 2 months, and as far as I’m aware has never started a professional match so far.
just calm down - OGS has shown he can manage the young players. He will still be clearly adjusting to the pace and intensity of the game in the PL, and simply may not be ready to start a match - which frankly is expected.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yeah, it’s management that’s the problem here. Nothing to do with fans being impatient.
Sure but that’s never going to change. What could change is Ole being less risk averse and giving the young players a proper opportunity alongside the proper first team players. Chucking on players all together at the end of a game tells us absolutely nothing and immediately makes the fans claim they aren’t good enough.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think a game like Palace is in theory a good game for someone with his skillset to get some minutes off the bench.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I cant see it, Ole didn't trust him to start the most risk-free game all season, just don't think he will be willing to risk him when the stakes are even higher. The only chance is if we are battering Palace and he comes on for the final 5 minutes. Its a little sad but Ole has definitely become more risk averse.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hopefully he does. Especially if we are a few goals ahead
I’m thinking more the opposite. When we are searching for different options to try and break a deep defence, he’s one who could end up being a late gamble to turn a 0-0 into a 0-1 for us. He cam dribble past a man which is always useful in such scenarios.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I cant see it, Ole didn't trust him to start the most risk-free game all season, just don't think he will be willing to risk him when the stakes are even higher. The only chance is if we are battering Palace and he comes on for the final 5 minutes. Its a little sad but Ole has definitely become more risk averse.
Yep, i'm resigned to him just being a bit part player this season, hopefully he will be able to earn his trust before next season starts.

With Cavani and DVB returning to fitness places on the bench will get even harder.

laughtersassassin

I’m thinking more the opposite. When we are searching for different options to try and break a deep defence, he’s one who could end up being a late gamble to turn a 0-0 into a 0-1 for us. He cam dribble past a man which is always useful in such scenarios.
I'd do the same mate but Ole would never imo. He is a very safe manager from what we have seen.

Very much a case of tried and true with him so far.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I could see him getting another short run out if we are 2 up. I doubt he’s coming on if it’s 0-0 with 10 mins left given one of James martial Rashford or Greenwood already has to miss out and they can also make a difference. If I was betting on it I’d say he doesn’t get on

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I could see him getting another short run out if we are 2 up. I doubt he’s coming on if it’s 0-0 with 10 mins left given one of James martial Rashford or Greenwood already has to miss out and they can also make a difference. If I was betting on it I’d say he doesn’t get on
He wouldn’t be coming on instead of them at 0-0, he’d likely come on in addition. The longer it’s at 0-0, the more we’ll try and throw forwards at it - so perhaps after James has been introduced in the 70th minute, Amad may come on in the 82nd for Fred, or Wan Bissaka or something. That kind of scenario. I mean, Greenwood came off the bench for 5 minutes in Paris at 17 when we needed a goal. I can see something like that if we’re struggling to break them down. We really need a win here.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Clearly they want to consolidate him as a first team player as quickly as possible.

Mainoldo

:lol: basically I need united to take a 2-3 goal lead and then it’s game on.
Please say you can atleast see where I’m coming from now.

The bet was abit of a joke but my main point is this main ain’t taking no risk with his job playing a 18 year old.

Mickson

Utterly predictiable from Ole. That's what I have been saying all along, he got no balls when it comes to just taking a risk. After 60 minutes against a good Aston Villa side Fergie threw in a 17-year-old Macheda who cost nothing and had no experience and isn't half the talent Amad is. Ole leaves hom on the bench for the full 90 despite some shockers from ALL our attackers.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He may not be ready, but he never will be riding the bench, I think I read that Amado is the 12th youngest teenager in premier league history (at 19m) - at what point are you obligated to give your January signing more than 30 minutes? It's been 2 months.

Adam-Utd

He should've used Amad in the second half IMO.

This is the issue with ole.

a player can be having the worst match in history, their feet have been chopped off in bear traps and their eyes pecked out by birds- yet he’d still keep them on because they’ve got a history of scoring a goal.

Rashford and Greenwood should have been off at the same time, bring on James and Amad to style Cavani.

instead he gets it completely wrong and we score nothing again.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Please say you can atleast see where I’m coming from now.

The bet was abit of a joke but my main point is this main ain’t taking no risk with his job playing a 18 year old.
Oh yeah I absolutely see where you’re coming from, and I think he absolutely could have come off the bench last night as our attackers were honestly completely awful.

I think Ole is waiting for a game where we are comfortably winning to bring him on in the league, which unfortunately for me looks like will never happen again. :lol:

Bwuk

I don't see how he could do any worse than what the current lot are showing us.

If it wasn't City next I'd be starting him next game.

kode

I may be wrong but the only one even warming up at 10 min to the end was Shola, that seems to suggest Amad was never an option. This looks strange to me and specially based on the comments Ole made in January regarding his level. The main issue is Ole's ability to take risk

laughtersassassin

I may be wrong but the only one even warming up at 10 min to the end was Shola, that seems to suggest Amad was never an option. This looks strange to me and specially based on the comments Ole made in January regarding his level. The main issue is Ole's ability to take risk
I mean from the Under 23 games Amad is clearly levels above Shoretire as things stand.

A manager with no fear would have taken off Matic Bruno into the midfield two and players 442

We needed an extra attacker

laughtersassassin

This is the issue with ole.

a player can be having the worst match in history, their feet have been chopped off in bear traps and their eyes pecked out by birds- yet he’d still keep them on because they’ve got a history of scoring a goal.

Rashford and Greenwood should have been off at the same time, bring on James and Amad to style Cavani.

instead he gets it completely wrong and we score nothing again.
There's also the option of playing an extra attacker and taking off one of the midfield two

Adam-Utd

There's also the option of playing an extra attacker and taking off one of the midfield two
Yep. Could have really dropped Fernandes deeper and put Greenwood up top with Cavani. Ole is too scared of losing.

the_cliff

The fact that he didn't start the away game against Sociedad and now not coming on when chasing a winner against Palace is very worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.