6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxa

He should've used Amad in the second half IMO.

This really does sum up Ole and his in game management and tbh it's worrying,

He is basically saying because Rashford,Bruno,Greenwood etc have the ability to knick a goal I will leave them on even if they are having absolute stinkers, take a risk, through on Amad, there is no way he is doing worse than Rashford last night, just because you have a good player on the pitch doesn't mean he should stay on because of who he is, there was some disastrous performances out there last night, use your subs or don't bother bringing them, infuriating watching the minutes countdown playing as bad as we were from minute 1, actually i'd say we were worse in the 2nd half.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This really does sum up Ole and his in game management and tbh it's worrying,

He is basically saying because Rashford,Bruno,Greenwood etc have the ability to knick a goal I will leave them on even if they are having absolute stinkers, take a risk, through on Amad, there is no way he is doing worse than Rashford last night, just because you have a good player on the pitch doesn't mean he should stay on because of who he is, there was some disastrous performances out there last night, use your subs or don't bother bringing them, infuriating watching the minutes countdown playing as bad as we were from minute 1, actually i'd say we were worse in the 2nd half.
And this is exactly why our player performances are rapidly going down hill. They know they don't need to perform just so long as they knick a goal.

Ole doesn't care if they mess up every pass or touch as long as one of them eventually goes in :lol: I think he's gone a bit mad.

GledTheRed

What's the point of him and Shoretire on the bench when he knows he won't use them?

Looks at us everyone we promote youth, the United way , in the DNA etc etc..

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
What's the point of him and Shoretire on the bench when he knows he won't use them?

I mean even if they don’t come on it’s still good experience, and I’m sure if we’re winning easily they will come on (shoretire already has), also we have 9 subs so why not?

micmac

Not sure why people think this kid is the second coming. People do know he's played less than an hour for Atalanta? I'm sorry but from the briefest of cameos he's made for us, I don't get the hype. I kind of agree with Ole, I don't think either Diallo or Shola would've made an impact against a big Crystal Palace side. These guys need to be weaned in when we are playing games with no consequences right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheimoon

GledTheRed

I mean even if they don’t come on it’s still good experience, and I’m sure if we’re winning easily they will come on (shoretire already has), also we have 9 subs so why not?
He should have put Amad on last night when we were looking absolutely toothless in attack and lacking ideas.

Born2Lose

If he's not going to get minutes I don't see the point of having him on the bench, might as well let him get game time in the U23s

Posh Red

I’m pretty sure United have the youngest squad in the league, and the squad probably contains more academy graduates than most of the other top sides.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He should have put Amad on last night when we were looking absolutely toothless in attack and lacking ideas.
I don’t disagree, I’m just saying it’s not pointless having him on the bench, even if he doesn’t get on the pitch.

lex talionis

Last night would have been a good occasion for a 20 minute runout for Amad. We had become devoid of ideas and at least to my eye Rashford looked wrecked.

SirScholes

Not sure why people think this kid is the second coming. People do know he's played less than an hour for Atalanta? I'm sorry but from the briefest of cameos he's made for us, I don't get the hype. I kind of agree with Ole, I don't think either Diallo or Shola would've made an impact against a big Crystal Palace side. These guys need to be weaned in when we are playing games with no consequences right now.
I’d normally agree but macheda vs Villa tells us we’re wrong
The game was going 0-0 and I’d rather amad was given the chance to get us a goal than become worried about palace scoring

Thiagoal

He clearly doesn’t trust Amad- which given his age and experience is fine! However why loan out Lingard? We now have very few options from the bench- particularly with Mata going AWOL

Grande

He clearly doesn’t trust Amad- which given his age and experience is fine! However why loan out Lingard? We now have very few options from the bench- particularly with Mata going AWOL
Well, we do have Rashford, Cavani, Martial, Greenwood, James, Mata, Diallo, and even Van de Beek and Pogba, as options for the front three spots, so even if there is a dearth of top class NOW options, I wouldn’t say we miss Jesse nor Pereira neither. Nor Sanchez.

Either we get Sancho, or we might as well bide our time to give Mason, Amad and Danny time (on the pitch) to grow. But that time will have to be portioned - playing the three together for fifteen games on the tror won’t help them develop much. They need to be able to be the one newbie in a well functioning machine (like Mason last season), and have the luxury to struggle for a while without receiving heaps of hate mail.

So it’s a bit unfortunate that both Rashford and Martial struggle for form at the same time, while Mata has disappeared.

GledTheRed

I don’t disagree, I’m just saying it’s not pointless having him on the bench, even if he doesn’t get on the pitch.
What's the point of being on the bench and not playing? He might as well be playing for the under 23's still, you don't get better at football by not playing it.

Trex

I expected he would be getting more minutes at this point for the final 20 mins against palace. Ole could have introduced him,he is young but he is a big investment which means a big talent right after all its football not flying a plane,what's the worst that could happen, Ole seems scared of taking risk couldn't even start him after leading 4-0 in the uel

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Only the caf could stress itself out over an unproven 18 year old being slowly introduced into the squad.

EngimaMK

Only the caf could stress itself out over an unproven 18 year old being slowly introduced into the squad.
It's mental isn't it. Some people hail him the second coming after a few 10 minute YouTube clips. The boy has been in the country about 2 months... It really isn't that long.

I too hope ole plays him soon and that the kid does well, but to get apoplectic over this (when you know naff all about him) is bizarre.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
It's mental isn't it. Some people hail him the second coming after a few 10 minute YouTube clips. The boy has been in the country about 2 months... It really isn't that long.

I too hope ole plays him soon and that the kid does well, but to get apoplectic over this (when you know naff all about him) is bizarre.
He hasn't even done anything to warrant coming off the bench aside from one run to the far post which somehow got all the caff jizzing. He's a kid, and a foreign one at that, he not only needs to settle into the club, but also the country and the league. He will get more opportunities, they are going to come, but at the moment is a settling in period.

Mr PG

if Amad grows....he needs to fill out size-wise ....we will have a player of epic proportions. If he remains the same size he will struggle to make it in the league. Skill is all there but his size as it is now he will be too easily brushed off the ball. His control, intelligence, passing is Messi like...what he lacks is the physical attributes. Messi despite his puny size has always been incredibly strong. His trajectory I see as similar to what Phil Foden has undergone at City. A few appearances here and there as they gave him time to grow.

Matt851

He hasn't even done anything to warrant coming off the bench aside from one run to the far post which somehow got all the caff jizzing. He's a kid, and a foreign one at that, he not only needs to settle into the club, but also the country and the league. He will get more opportunities, they are going to come, but at the moment is a settling in period.
I think the point in relation to the palace game is that we were desperate for another attacking player on the pitch and didn't have many options on the bench.

Therefore even if a amad /shola are still raw at the very least they would have enabled us to play in a different way, which at the very least couldn't have been any worse than the way we were playing

Ole is undoubtedly quite a conservative manager in many aspects and too often just seems to be happy to let games drift and hope one of our big players will produce something from nowhere

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
if Amad grows....he needs to fill out size-wise ....we will have a player of epic proportions. If he remains the same size he will struggle to make it in the league. Skill is all there but his size as it is now he will be too easily brushed off the ball. His control, intelligence, passing is Messi like...what he lacks is the physical attributes. Messi despite his puny size has always been incredibly strong. His trajectory I see as similar to what Phil Foden has undergone at City. A few appearances here and there as they gave him time to grow.
I just don't think this is true. Foden, B. Silva, Mahrez... All examples of skilfull players that aren't strong.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Look, I don't want to freak anyone out but I think he died in a prison fight in episode 3 of Your Honour last night. Shame. Real potential.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

What exactly do you think putting teenagers on the bench and having them train with the first team squad instead of the U23's mean? You're whining about less than 5% of the workweek.

GledTheRed

What exactly do you think putting teenagers on the bench and having them train with the first team squad instead of the U23's mean? You're whining about less than 5% of the workweek.
Means feck all if you have no intention of using them which he hasn't, they should still be with the 23's actually playing football.

Lentwood

One look at the lad should explain why he doesn’t play in the PL! There’s more meat on the corner flag, looks like a child!

There’s no great conspiracy to all of this. It’s not because he’s crap or because Ole doesn’t rate him or want to risk his job or whatever...it’s simply down to him needing to fill out and bulk up. Last thing we want is a really bright young talent picking up a bad injury for the sake of ten nothing minutes against physical PL defenders. Look at Timo Werner’s comments recently. A full German international and a player with Champions League experience saying he was “shocked” by the physicality of the PL...and people are wondering why we haven’t yet thrown this young lad in at the deep end.

Same thing happened with Mason Greenwood btw...wasn’t selected regularly until he started to fill out properly.

Brightonian

One look at the lad should explain why he doesn’t play in the PL! There’s more meat on the corner flag, looks like a child!

There’s no great conspiracy to all of this. It’s not because he’s crap or because Ole doesn’t rate him or want to risk his job or whatever...it’s simply down to him needing to fill out and bulk up. Last thing we want is a really bright young talent picking up a bad injury for the sake of ten nothing minutes against physical PL defenders. Look at Timo Werner’s comments recently. A full German international and a player with Champions League experience saying he was “shocked” by the physicality of the PL...and people are wondering why we haven’t yet thrown this young lad in at the deep end.

Same thing happened with Mason Greenwood btw...wasn’t selected regularly until he started to fill out properly.
Too sensible for the caf.

Average blood-pressure around here must be dangerously high. Panic because a (tiny) 18 year old we just bought and a 17 year old who's barely out of the U18s have had a couple of games on the bench without starting yet.

ManU Irish

We spent 37M on a kid not ready for the 1st Team and 40M on Van De Beek who to date has been very disappointing. Surely we could have got Grealish and still had 20-25M in the bank and we wouldn't be 11 pts behind City.

Raveneye

People who expect Ole to throw on a valuable and developing teenager who's just recently broken into the first team into a high pressure Premier League situation where the first team regulars are struggling will likely always be frustrated. Ole's repeatedly expressed that he doesn't think that sort of expectation would be fair to one so young.

Tony247

People who expect Ole to throw on a valuable and developing teenager who's just recently broken into the first team into a high pressure Premier League situation where the first team regulars are struggling will likely always be frustrated. Ole's repeatedly expressed that he doesn't think that sort of expectation would be fair to one so young.
More plausible explanation is that Ole does not think he is simply physically and/or more importantly technically ready to start.

Grande

I think the point in relation to the palace game is that we were desperate for another attacking player on the pitch and didn't have many options on the bench.

Therefore even if a amad /shola are still raw at the very least they would have enabled us to play in a different way, which at the very least couldn't have been any worse than the way we were playing

Ole is undoubtedly quite a conservative manager in many aspects and too often just seems to be happy to let games drift and hope one of our big players will produce something from nowhere
I only have two questions:
1. Why is Shola Shoretire not back with the U18s when he’s clearly not ready for U23s level?
2. Why wasn’t Shola Shoretire picked ahead of Rashford, James, McTominay, Greenwood and Fernandes when we really needed a goal away to Crystal Palace?

Those are two very good questions, I expect lots of qualified answers.

As for Amad Diallo, I couldn’t have an opinion on him as I’ve hardly seen him
play.

Status
Not open for further replies.