6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matriac

Are you sure about that? I thought the youth system had a different "bubble" for Covid compared to the first team?
He can play matches with the U23, he just can't train with them, travel with them or share a dressing room.

He's in the first team bubble and trains with our senior players, just like Shoretire and Galbraith is. (And Mejbri was supposed to but got injured.) But they can also play U23 matches as long as they travel independently from the U23 squad and use a separate dressing room.

0le

He can play matches with the U23, he just can't train with them, travel with them or share a dressing room.

He's in the first team bubble and trains with our senior players, just like Shoretire and Galbraith is. (And Mejbri was supposed to but got injured.) But they can also play U23 matches as long as they travel independently from the U23 squad and use a separate dressing room.
Ah I was mistaken then. Thank you for the insight.

tjb

What exactly do you think putting teenagers on the bench and having them train with the first team squad instead of the U23's mean? You're whining about less than 5% of the workweek.
Exactly....Greenwood is 19, Rashford is still slightly inconsistent. I understand Ole's hesitation. I think he fears bringing him in too early and watching him regress due to confidence like Daniel James did. We don't yet have enough trustworthy attackers who can carry him like Giggs and RVN did for Ronaldo or CR7, Rooney, Giggs, Berba/Tevez did for Nani.

Matt851

I only have two questions:
1. Why is Shola Shoretire not back with the U18s when he’s clearly not ready for U23s level?
2. Why wasn’t Shola Shoretire picked ahead of Rashford, James, McTominay, Greenwood and Fernandes when we really needed a goal away to Crystal Palace?

Those are two very good questions, I expect lots of qualified answers.

As for Amad Diallo, I couldn’t have an opinion on him as I’ve hardly seen him
play.
I don't quite comprehend what you are getting at here

Matt851

The questions aren’t that hard, are they?
I just dont understand who they are addressed to, me or ole. If me, you want me to answer why shola isnt playing for the u18s.

Last edited:

20Legend2020

Exactly....Greenwood is 19, Rashford is still slightly inconsistent. I understand Ole's hesitation. I think he fears bringing him in too early and watching him regress due to confidence like Daniel James did. We don't yet have enough trustworthy attackers who can carry him like Giggs and RVN did for Ronaldo or CR7, Rooney, Giggs, Berba/Tevez did for Nani.
I don't quite comprehend what you are getting at here
You're not alone mate, we're all scratching our heads over this one.

First he says Shola is 'Clearly' not good enough for U23 and he follows with another genius question of why Shola didn't get picked ahead of Rashy.. What da heck???? And the best part is he ends his shakespeare piece by stating these 2 are excellent questions and he expects top answers.. that's like saying a joke in a crowd, no body laughs and because you don't want to make it more awkward you start laughing out loudly..

Oh and I totally forgot about last part where he left all of us dry by saying he can't have an opinion on Dialo because he hasn't seen him enough. Mate, we haven't seen you AT ALL and we can for sure have an opinion of you. You can reply back and surprise us with another one of your brilliant analysis on Dialo maybe????

But seriously, please write some more, big fan mate! :-)

Last edited:

Grande

I just dont understand who they are addressed to, me or ole. If me, you want me to answer why shola isnt playing for the u18s.
Well, it was adressed to you and anyone who wants. I don’t know, and those who do say anything about those questions, tend to only answer one of them. It would be interesting to hear an answer to both in relation, from someone who knows about how ready Shoretire is and for what. You seemed to knowsomething about that, so I asked you.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We spent 37M on a kid not ready for the 1st Team and 40M on Van De Beek who to date has been very disappointing. Surely we could have got Grealish and still had 20-25M in the bank and we wouldn't be 11 pts behind City.
True but I think United had their heart set on Villa getting relegated and picking up for much cheaper. Having said that, long term we just don't know. It certainly hurt us this year as Grealish in this United squad/team would mean we'd rely less on Maguire trying to run through teams and have someone more adept.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We spent 37M on a kid not ready for the 1st Team and 40M on Van De Beek who to date has been very disappointing. Surely we could have got Grealish and still had 20-25M in the bank and we wouldn't be 11 pts behind City.
True but I think United had their heart set on Villa getting relegated and picking up for much cheaper. Having said that, long term we just don't know. It certainly hurt us this year as Grealish in this United squad/team would mean we'd rely less on Maguire trying to run through teams and have someone more adept.
A more likely answer is the club doesn’t commit millions of pounds based on the next 12 months alone. We may feel that Amad is likely to have us several points ahead of City for several years (simplistically put, of course).

If we were signing Amad for what this season’s impact we wouldn’t have been bringing him here halfway through for a start. The contract is for 5 years. We’ll have a plan for that period. It’s barely been 5 weeks!

bsCallout

I only have two questions:
1. Why is Shola Shoretire not back with the U18s when he’s clearly not ready for U23s level?
2. Why wasn’t Shola Shoretire picked ahead of Rashford, James, McTominay, Greenwood and Fernandes when we really needed a goal away to Crystal Palace?

Those are two very good questions, I expect lots of qualified answers.

As for Amad Diallo, I couldn’t have an opinion on him as I’ve hardly seen him
play.
So Shola is not ready for U23s but you wanted him to come on for the first team when we were struggling?

Raveneye

More plausible explanation is that Ole does not think he is simply physically and/or more importantly technically ready to start.
Since my post was about coming on as a substitute and your post is about starting for Manchester United, I don't see why they're mutually exclusive at this point.

Foxbatt

Surely his not having featured yet is down to the fan base's lack of faith.

We have not been pious enough.
Point taken. I hope this is not Tuanzabe number 2. Before he started this season it seems to some people that he was the next Kaiser Franz. Now it seems Amad is the next Cruijff or Best. They do not seem to realize that Ole seems him everyday and will know when he is ready to play.

Man Utd 1:1 AC Milan

keithsingleton

This is the way to Amad Diallo
Every nite I'm huggin my Diiallo
Dreaming dreams of Amadiallo
As sweet as Amad waits for me.

Sha la la la la la x3

Now I'll never be a song writer but I'm sure you get my gist :D

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Great goal and worked hard off the ball but in any other top club he would be a couple of years away from featuring in the first team squad.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
No doubt he's talented but shades of Martial, can't work less off the ball, let's hope it's stamina issues which needs to be properly built before he's unleashed and chases every ball. otherwise we might have a little problem here, developing another player who 's not willing to work hard enough.

Great run for the goal and finish though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Didn't someone say he was 2 years away from the first team? :drool:
Let's be honest apart from the goal he didn't do anything, and while the goal was good it was helped by the keeper being in no mans land

CM

Very nice bit of play from him for the goal, decent performance overall too

Valencia Shin Crosses

No doubt he's talented but shades of Martial, can't work less off the ball, let's hope it's stamina issues which needs to be properly built before he's unleashed and chases every ball. otherwise we might have a little problem here, developing another player who 's not willing to work hard enough.

Great run for the goal and finish though.
Or... you know he was told along with the rest of our team to sit back and stop pressing

acnumber9

You can see he has ability. You can also see he’s not quite ready. Great goal though.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Proves he should already be starting ahead of James.

saivet

Nice goal. With the way were playing he didn't get on the ball much and when he did, not much to write home about.

Hope to see some more of him, hopefully in a team that is functioning well.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I thought he looked one of our better players after coming on, simply because he doesn't shit himself when pressed and clearly operates on a higher level mentally. Tough game to have to play in, bad weather and 0 support around him.

Fantastic goal. Bruno being taken off screwed him.

TrustInOle

Very smart goal. Seems to have no qualms about pressing and chasing the ball down, which was a positive. Very young still but looks technically sound, excited to see more of him.

Dinghy

Great goal, but he has moments where he just switches off, both on and off the ball. Some of his pressing were excellent and he's rapid when he gets going, just need to work on keeping the intensity up at this level.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Feel for the kid, almost had a fairy tale debut and then it was f'd up by what went on behind him. Very clever goal. Could have a real future but he's got a lot of growing to do still.

RedIan

Lovely moment in an awful game. Not sure hes involved enough other than that but looks an exciting young prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.