Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I just find it weird that you’re making this kind of assumption while he’s been either simply productive or insanely productive on every level that he has played so far.
Yeah well if you look again at what I said you’ll see I made zero assumptions! My point was that the level of certainty I felt when seeing a youth level Greenwood is greater than what I’ve seen of a similar aged Amad. I clearly say in a later post that I think they both could get to the absolute top of the game. But if I had to put money on one of them becoming a generational talent I’d go for Greenwood.
I think you’re arguing against a position that I’ve not actually taken. Even though I don’t in any way support Man Utd unless they are playing Norwich, I’d happily see either of them turn into generational talents.

MattyB1986

This kid has great technical ability, showed some really good things yesterday, got an assist - I like that he hustles back and wins the ball. Good showing in a makeshift team.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Yeah well if you look again at what I said you’ll see I made zero assumptions! My point was that the level of certainty I felt when seeing a youth level Greenwood is greater than what I’ve seen of a similar aged Amad. I clearly say in a later post that I think they both could get to the absolute top of the game. But if I had to put money on one of them becoming a generational talent I’d go for Greenwood.
I think you’re arguing against a position that I’ve not actually taken. Even though I don’t in any way support Man Utd unless they are playing Norwich, I’d happily see either of them turn into generational talents.
Fair enough, sorry.

Bondi77

This kid has great technical ability, showed some really good things yesterday, got an assist - I like that he hustles back and wins the ball. Good showing in a makeshift team.
Pretty much sums it up, totally agree.

laughtersassassin

In fairness I'd argue against that. Not that Amad is better but because we had 100 games of Greenwood succeeding so it's easy to now say he was better at youth level.

But in fact Amad has been toying with the under 23a in all the games we have seen.

It's not a night or day difference.

SATA

He is miles away from first team football. People saying we shouldn’t get Sancho because of him needs a real wobble in the head

The United

As I said before, he is not ready physically for this league. Hope he gets stronger over the summer.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Nice first touch on that long ball. And that was it.
He will be good next year when he adapts to PL

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not on for long to judge him but on one occasion he looked like he had got the better of the opponent before he slipped. His touch and technique looked on point and I'm looking forward to see how he develops.

AgentSmith

You can see the quality whenever Amad touches the ball and he seems to be getting more physically capable.

Excited to see him more regularly next season but his presence in the squad shouldn’t detract from a potential RW signing; he should take James’ place instead.

Sancho with Amad backing him up seems ideal to me.

Fahad Jawaid

He is miles away from first team football. People saying we shouldn’t get Sancho because of him needs a real wobble in the head
I think we are the only club where signing of better quality players and competition for places is almost discouraged and when the likes of Mata, Matic or James starts and inevitably plays shit, then the knives are out.

Its obvious that Amad is not ready, Mata is done, whereas James is not Utd quality, however, you will see people worrying about their playtime. This is specially baffling when Rashford has been playing despite carrying knocks, still people don't understand strength in depth with quality players and its importance.

laughtersassassin

While he is obviously physically very small I find all the physically "no where near ready" comments funny.

Just because in the 100 so so minutes he has played he hasn't been getting bullied off the ball or left on the floor.

And he has shown he likes a 50-50 to win the ball back.

Based on what we have seen I've seen James physically bullied more.

Obviously he will need to get stronger but there has been no evidence that it's a deal breaker so far.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I think he has some very good plays, better than Greenwood/Rashford even. But some just laughably bad. Would like to see him start again.

laughtersassassin

Will probably start versus Wolves with our second string. That said I don't imagine the midfield will be supplying him with too much of the ball as I'll say we will be on the back foot

Devil may care

Pulled the ball out of the air beautifully on one occasion and generally looks very comfortable on the ball, early day's but the potential is there.

The Hilton

Technical ability is clear as day, but he's not strong enough yet and isn't used to the intensity either.

Still, bags of potential, hopefully in a couple us seasons he'll break into the first team.

Valencia Shin Crosses

While he is obviously physically very small I find all the physically "no where near ready" comments funny.

Just because in the 100 so so minutes he has played he hasn't been getting bullied off the ball or left on the floor.

Obviously he will need to get stronger but there has been no evidence that it's a deal breaker so far.
This exactly. I’ve seen Mata and James bullied way more for years now than Amad has as an 18 year old. He’ll get stronger, let him start in the league now and keep getting minutes. Reminds me of Greenwood’s original debut’s where you can tell both kids have quality but are cautious to really try things other than keeping the flow of the game going.

tjb

I actually think he's ready for the league, he just doesn't have the knowhow and confidence to produce, but the technical and phsyical attributes are there. Loan him to Newcastle for a season and he'll be Nani in no time.

The United

You don't need to get those to say you are not ready for physical battles.

He obviously does not have the required strength to show more of his abilities at the moment.

Compare Greenwoods from last season to this season. His overall play get much better due to getting better with his body strength.

Remember how strong Rooney was? Let's say if he was just a slim 16 years old, I doubt he could show half of what he did back then even with his talents. He was talked up as a better player and future prospect than Ronaldo who was not in the same physical level.

laughtersassassin

I actually think he's ready for the league, he just doesn't have the knowhow and confidence to produce, but the technical and phsyical attributes are there. Loan him to Newcastle for a season and he'll be Nani in no time.
We don't loan top talent really. And we aren't City so no reason to either imo.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don’t think he’s far off, I think he only needs to have more understanding link up with his team mate and learn how to win smart fouls from playing against PL defenders.

I think Ole is trying to slowly integrate him to the first team regular just like what he did to Greenwood last season. It’s too bad he only joined us in January, so there wasn’t much time to integrate him like how we did it to Greenwood.

MrBest

Looked good I thought, good strength and confidence, technically looks excellent, he just need minutes and time. He has been involved in 7 games since Jan, 1 goal and one assist, has probably played 180 mins, that's a good contribution so far. He is hardly going to pick up the ball and dribble past everyone like im his you tube vids, he is one to watch for next season. Hopefully 80 to 90 mins against Wolves, a solid pre season and many more minutes next season, I'd be happy to see him reach 1500 in total.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We had the same discussion about Greenwood like 16months ago. Ole knows how to integrate kids into the team.

Alemar

It’s good that Ole is starting to use him. Chances are he may even start against Wolves now, when 2nd is guaranteed

RuudtheRed

He's obviously a skilful player and knows how to use his body to shield the ball when needed.

However, I don't think he's at all ready to start week in week out. He doesn't seem to have the sustained burst of pace to get beyond his man or the strength to hold off incoming challenges consistently, and his dribbling ability at youth level has not carried on to the first team. His passing has been generally safe and unremarkable too. Best to play him sparingly for now like Ole has done

Reactions: Dargonk

Dan_F

I think we are the only club where signing of better quality players and competition for places is almost discouraged and when the likes of Mata, Matic or James starts and inevitably plays shit, then the knives are out.

Its obvious that Amad is not ready, Mata is done, whereas James is not Utd quality, however, you will see people worrying about their playtime. This is specially baffling when Rashford has been playing despite carrying knocks, still people don't understand strength in depth with quality players and its importance.
I don’t think anyone is against signing Sancho, but there are people worried that if we sign him, that means another season of McFred and Lindelof being in the first 11. Obviously we want strength in depth, but if the first 11 is weak, you obviously have to prioritise those positions.

Andersons Dietician

That touch from the DeGea long ball when he and Rashford were going through the middle. Absolutely killed it and made it look like it was nothing.

I think you can see at the moment he is playing within himself, but still does a lot of great things. Clearly not ready yet but looks promising.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just one thing I realised after the game last night — Amad, like Pogba, is a Muslim so he was probably partaking in Ramadan. Possibly goes some way to explaining Solskjaer’s reluctance to use him over the last month?

Status
Not open for further replies.