Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

We don't loan out top talent. Never have. Amad is top talent

It's clear as day he is ready to contribute. Should take James's and Mata minutes.

There is no world where Mata should be having minutes over him still

Idxomer

I would like him to stay and get the minutes needed for his development but I don't see it under the current management.

He'll have to go on loan because these years are crucial if he wants to become a top player.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think we will loan him out only if we get another striker in this window, which then pushes Greenwood to compete with Sancho on the right wing. If we do not get a striker, then Greenwood competes with Cavani for that position and Amad backs up Sancho for the right wing.
And Martial just... evaporates?

luke511

I think we will loan him out only if we get another striker in this window, which then pushes Greenwood to compete with Sancho on the right wing. If we do not get a striker, then Greenwood competes with Cavani for that position and Amad backs up Sancho for the right wing.
I agree with this approach. This could be equivalent to Greenwood's breakthrough year as an 18 year old, I think it's important he stays and gains valuable experience here where possible, he's already an asset to the first team. If Rashford needs surgery then that already opens up an opportunity as Sancho will probably be played on the left.

Becks00

There is no guarantee he is going to get anymore playtime at Leeds or Brighton than he is going to get here. That is only going to happen if they have a role they feel he can legitimately fufill, no epl club is going to risk developing a youngster for any other team given the money in English football now or else the manager has faith he is talented enough to meet a specific requirement for him in the short time while they find a more permanent solution.

I believe he is better off staying at the club while Mata and James should have been sold. James especially I don't see the use of the guy in the man utd squad. Anad should be getting whatever minutes Ole plans on giving those two next season

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Would be weird to loan him out given the expenditure to bring him in in the first place but he absolutely needs minutes this season, he's already proven to be far too good for the under 23's but with Sancho confirmed he's gonna struggle to get those minutes here

Big pre-season ahead

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Just turned 19 today. Hope he does well at the Olympics and gets over a 1000 minutes over the course of the upcoming season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I wonder if he can speak French also, the only ones in the dressing room who can speak Italian are Pogba and Fernandes as far as I'm aware.
Got to Italy age 10, so I would be surprised if he doesn't speak French.

United in sin

I wonder if he can speak French also, the only ones in the dressing room who can speak Italian are Pogba and Fernandes as far as I'm aware.
French is is first language. Cavani speaks Italian, his name is Italian and has Italian lineage and and Italian passport. Facundo Pellistri speaks Italian as well as Spanish and English

Last edited:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Cavani speaks Italian, his name is Italian and has Italian lineage and and Italian passport. Facundo Pellistri speaks Italian as well as Spanish and English
Forgot about Cavani :lol:

Good point, I don't know about Pellestri, his name sounds Italian but that doesn't mean anything.

United in sin

Forgot about Cavani :lol:

Good point, I don't know about Pellestri, his name sounds Italian but that doesn't mean anything.
Pellistri is indeed an Italian name. He has Italian and Spanish ancestry and speaks both but Spanish is his mother tongue. He holds a Spanish passport too. Diogo Dalot has picked up some Italian over at Milan apparently.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That's good. It'll give Camavinga somebody the same age to talk to.
We have a fair few French speakers around 18 in the academy too so if he came he’d likely have friends of the tongue. The likes of Mejbri, Kambwalla, Emeran.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Last edited:

OmarUnited4ever

It's amazing how mature he is for someone who is 18y.o. The level of poise, depth and self-awareness is surprising. This kid's not lacking of self-confidence for sure.

Remember how/what we were like at 18 and the amount of crap being spewed out of gob then? Me for sure. :nervous:
I traveled to another country at 18 on my own, sure it was for Uni only but I wasn't as mature and measured as Amad, guy is under tremendous pressure to be at biggest club that spent millions on him, he is showing signs of maturity which would help him be ready for the biggest games

Status
Not open for further replies.