6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

gajender

So because he was going on loan at 18 to a mid table Serie A side he can’t be any good? If anything a mid table Serie A side wanting to loan and 18 year old and getting so annoyed about it not happening means he is good.

Just to list a few:
Odegaard sent on loan at 19 to Heerenveen. Not worth €20+20? Looks to me like he is.
Mount sent to Vitesse at 18. Not worth it?
Harry Kane sent to Leyton Orient. Who would ever spend 20+20 on him right?

Should I even bother listing more?
Not to mention his own team Juventus bought Dejan kulusevski who actually followed the same path from Atlanta loaned to Parma which Amad Diallo was supposed to take with half a season under his belt it seems he is upset that Amad Diallo might be the one who got away from Juventus.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Ok, all is extremely good for all parties involved. We will see how this goes. :)

marktan

I mean it took a while but if he eventually turns out like Martial has now it'll be a good deal.

If he can show something a bit like Fati or Vinicius then I'm all for it. The reality is the top stars cost £100m+ now, and like a lot of teams have found out with players (Hazard, Coutinho, O.Dembele) there's no guarantee that they're going to be good.

So a better strategy is to buy players that have talent before they become breakout stars. Obviously the risk is that they turn out more like Januzaj or just aren't ready at all for the first team which would make it a bit of a waste for the present.

tjb

Our team’s key problems are not in attacking department. Yes, it would be great to get Sancho, but real problems are lack of DCM, good CBs and RB.
AWB is not a problem, 2 bad games do not warrant that. Same with Maguire, people are just so short term in thinking. Maguire simply needs a partner. Matic is still a good DCM and Fred a good back up for him. I see that as a fix for next season, not now.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I mean it took a while but if he eventually turns out like Martial has now it'll be a good deal.

If he can show something a bit like Fati or Vinicius then I'm all for it. The reality is the top stars cost £100m+ now, and like a lot of teams have found out with players (Hazard, Coutinho, O.Dembele) there's no guarantee that they're going to be good.

So a better strategy is to buy players that have talent before they become breakout stars. Obviously the risk is that they turn out more like Januzaj or just aren't ready at all for the first team which would make it a bit of a waste for the present.
I totally agree with this, and I even complained that our hirings lacked "balls" in terms of risk taking, but I think that for the values involved one would expect a player with a better portfolio, TBH.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Our team’s key problems are not in attacking department. Yes, it would be great to get Sancho, but real problems are lack of DCM, good CBs and RB.
I don't know. The correlation between Wan-Bissaka's fall off coincided with Greenwood's entry into the team as a regular, I think we just need to get Greenwood up to scratch with his defensive responsibilities.

Alemar

AWB is not a problem, 2 bad games do not warrant that. Same with Maguire, people are just so short term in thinking. Maguire simply needs a partner. Matic is still a good DCM and Fred a good back up for him. I see that as a fix for next season, not now.
If all of them are so good, why are we miles behind our rivals in terms of performance (let alone points)? Our squad is not good enough.

Who could be part of a title winning team from this lot? Both GKs, both LBs, Bruno, Pogba, VDB, our three forwards and perhaps Cavani (we have yet to see him). That’s all really. Players like Bissaka, Maguire, Matic and Fred could make the bench, but that’s about it - all the rest are not good even for that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If all of them are so good, why are we miles behind our rivals in terms of performance (let alone points)? Our squad is not good enough.

Who could be part of a title winning team from this lot? Both GKs, both LBs, Bruno, Pogba, VDB, our three forwards and perhaps Cavani (we have yet to see him). That’s all really. Players like Bissaka, Maguire, Matic and Fred could make the bench, but that’s about it - all the rest are not good even for that.
The squad is miles better than it's showing. Last season is proof of that. The onus is on Solskjaer to get performance levels back to where they're supposed to be.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
My word.

tjb

We were miles behind them because to start the season we had pereira, lingard, mata, james and mctominay playing more than 20 games. our issue wasnt goals conceded for the most part ( even though lindelof is poor), but chances created and attacking depth.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If he flops we still recoup the fee. It’s currently a win win. As a prospect he looks perfect for us though. Happy to assist. Great balance and dribbling in the EXACT areas of the pitch we need him. No shoehorning involved. He left footed so could go over the other side and provide something different too. It’s exciting and hopefully it’ll prove to be shrewd. His brother is an attacking midfielder for Sassuolo who’s also supposed to be a baller

Last edited:

tjb

So after what many considered a good season for the pair of them ( both statistically and with the eye test), we should abandon our signings and get a new right back and centre back because they've had a poor start to the season ( 2 - 3 games) despite carrying our defence last season....and people want to talk about woodward being incompetent.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So after what many considered a good season for the pair of them ( both statistically and with the eye test), we should abandon our signings and get a new right back and centre back because they've had a poor start to the season ( 2 - 3 games) despite carrying our defence last season....and people want to talk about woodward being incompetent.
I never wanted AWB to start with so I'm probably the wrong person to ask.

He's not a good enough footballer for me. What is like England's 5th choice right back?

Walker, Trent, James, Trippier are all ahead of him.

tjb

I never wanted AWB to start with so I'm probably the wrong person to ask.

He's not a good enough footballer for me. What is like England's 5th choice right back?

Walker, Trent, James, Trippier are all ahead of him.
That's fair if you didnt like him. Most did. Before his recent poor form he was behind Trent and Walker.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Anyone here seen him play and of so, how good is he?

ghagua

Potentially a really good signing. If he can get settled, and show his potential then he would be a coupe. If he flops, no harm is done. We can recoup a lot of the fee. Leeds were offering 25 million for James!

jackal&hyde

Journous were, while mimicking Atalanta’s suits. I can add Atalanta suits are not thanking United right now, just laughing out loud: United just paid for their latest stadium rebuild and all they got is a ballboy.

https://www.bergamonews.it/2020/10/...lusevski-e-traore-affari-sensazionali/397194/

“... the real hit to sensation is still from Atalanta. For the series, never say never (that's how it works on the market, as long as there is no signature ...) Traore instead of Parma is sold to Manchester United, for the sensational sum of 40 million. It looks like the goose that lays the golden eggs, this Atalanta: two jewels of the Primavera that wins the Scudetto in 2019, Kulusevski the man of the game in the final and king of assists, Traore just sixteen years old playmaker who jumps opponents like skittles, are a real treasure for the Nerazzurri’s accounting. Two talents who, after playing a few minutes in Serie A, become an astounding capital gain...”
:lol: :lol:

Come on man, all clubs will lose top talent from time to time. Juve missed on this one, no reason to be so bitter about it.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/sampil...heir-faith-in-teenagers-pellistri-and-diallo/

Diallo has been on United’s radar for over four years since they received a glowing report on him playing for Atalanta’s Under-15 side.

A succession of United scouts would make several trips to Italy to watch him as he graduated through the Italian side’s youth ranks.

Diallo earned the club’s highest rankings for academy or young developing first team players from the impressed scouts.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Does anyone know what he is doing until January?
Is he training with us, or in the Atalanta teams/ youth team?
He's still contracted to Atalanta so he'll almost certainly be with them. It's probably unlikely he'll get much time for their first team but hopefully they won't freeze him out of the youth team.

rotherham_red

He clearly favours the left though. When he dribbles its a dead give away. Looks very exciting though but doesn't strike me as a proper out and out winger which was my point.
He's definitely 2-footed, but with a clear preference for his left and for us, that's exactly what's needed. He'd really nicely balance out our attack.

He definitely uses his weaker foot more than Sancho did/does in any case.

starman

It's weird that hes completed his medical now when he could still play for Atalanta and get injured.
Can he not technically come in on a trial still under a visitors visa just to train at United?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
In Diallo and Pellistri it feels like we backed ourselves into a corner and had to actually go off a scouting recommendation to sign a player for once. Something we should have been doing more often instead of chasing big names.

I've grown sick of us not looking for the next big thing, instead preferring to pay big money for the "finished product". Thankfully, through whatever circumstances, we might have avoided that this time.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
In Diallo and Pellistri it feels like we backed ourselves into a corner and had to actually go off a scouting recommendation to sign a player for once. Something we should have been doing more often instead of chasing big names.

I've grown sick of us not looking for the next big thing, instead preferring to pay big money for the "finished product". Thankfully, through whatever circumstances, we might have avoided that this time.
I really wanted sancho and I thought out of all our big stupid transfers that he’d be worth the money. He’s perfect for us right now and he would have helped us go a bit further this season but I totally agree with the rest of your point. We should always be ready to go the extra mile for the next big thing. I like these signings a lot. I would have hated if we’d got Douglas Costa or someone like that instead of the youngsters. At least we are trying to think a step or 2 ahead. Or are we? I’m definitely worried we don’t really have a plan... but maybe it’s not as scattergun as it looks.... Hopefully it’s the start of a talent drive for the best 17-23 year old players out there for the first team. Get them before the likes of Dortmund do.

RashyForPM

He looks very promising, far more so than Facundo or Dan James. He couldn’t do worse than the latter, so I’d be inclined to chuck him in for a few games in January if Rashford’s form hasn’t picked up by then.

Skeezix

That double whammy of missing out on Sancho and losing to spurs 1-6 sucked all the joy out my week, that's why I have been avoiding the Caf for about a week now.

But I am still excited about this kid. He looks a real talent - skills with dribbling, looking up before making a cross or shot - those are signs of intelligence (Greenwood has plenty)
My only worry is that we regress even further as a team (defensive side particularly) before the likes of Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Diallo all gel and reach their full potential.
Can't wait to see him play on that right side.

Tommi

Does anyone know is he going to get any games before January? Do Atalanta give him any minutes? This is a little bit worrying.

macheda14

Does anyone know is he going to get any games before January? Do Atalanta give him any minutes? This is a little bit worrying.
Probably still play in their youth side. We’ve placed a contingency fee in the contract for if the work permits fall through, which means theirs a slight possibility that it falls through and so it’s still in their interest to keep developing the player.

mu4c_20le

Probably knocked off an entire million over the year and dragging them deep into deadline day. Another Ed Woodward masterclass.

Status
Not open for further replies.