Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He's been in the squad for every Atalanta game prior to the transfer but Atalanta have now dropped him from the squad.
I mean, is that really big news? He has played a total of 7 minutes this season.

rotherham_red

as expected. Shame. Seems somewhat petty.
Thankfully it's only 2 and a half months before he's here (and with the November int'l break, it'll be more like 2 months), so it shouldn't cost him too much in terms of momentum and sharpness.

Looking forward to seeing him play - I'm sure he'll be getting some time during that busy January period, as well as Pellistri.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not really, no.

He’s only ever made the squad five times since Jan and not made a single appearance in that same time period.
So it means feck all really. Anyhoo, what did we expect when signing a kid who has barely ever played for them and has to spend a few months at the club knowing he's leaving soon.

Tony247

He's been in the squad for every Atalanta game prior to the transfer but Atalanta have now dropped him from the squad.
I thought he is alreadya united player just waiting for work permit. Technically can Atlanta add him in their squad still? I don't remember the arrangement keeping him there on loan till Dec.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I mean, is that really big news? He has played a total of 7 minutes this season.
So he’s a much longer term project? was under the impression he had a lot more experience but it seems to be all at youth level so far.

I guess it will take at least 2 or 3 years before he can command a first team place.

K Stand Knut

I thought he is alreadya united player just waiting for work permit. Technically can Atlanta add him in their squad still? I don't remember the arrangement keeping him there on loan till Dec.
This is a good question that I can’t answer. I didn’t think we’d ever see him playing for Atalanta again after he ‘signed’ for us but he’s only played 24 minutes of first team football in his career so not sure what people were expecting from him.

CG1010

I think the transfer isn't complete, just the two clubs have come to an agreement for a future transfer

Tony247

I think the transfer isn't complete, just the two clubs have come to an agreement for a future transfer
I doubt that is the case. If united have to file papers for his work permit then they have to show he is their employee (player). If he is expected to arrive in Jan meaning we already have signed him. If we sign him in Jan then his arrival will be delayed by another couple of months.

khoazany

I have no worries, Jan is only 2 months away and the club probably already have a personal training plan in place for him. Nobody expects him to feature for Atalanta after sealing the transfer anyway.

pacifictheme

I have no worries, Jan is only 2 months away and the club probably already have a personal training plan in place for him. Nobody expects him to feature for Atalanta after sealing the transfer anyway.
If he's not going to play why isn't he here already?

TheReligion

Abusive
Really excited about this signing. Think we have played an absolute blinder here. I know people are reluctant to praise young players excessively but if you take the time to watch Traore you can see he's that level above. Everything he does looks so natural. As said a future superstar.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
£10 says he's just another decent kiddo we won't see much of in our first team. I'm still waiting for Chongy to become ready for our first team..

R77

£10 says he's just another decent kiddo we won't see much of in our first team. I'm still waiting for Chongy to become ready for our first team..
Can rarely tell how they'll work out, and I'm not saying he's a cert by any means, but watch again and pay close attention to his first touch and close control. He's light years beyond El Chongy.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
You don't pay nearly £20m for "another decent kiddo".
Take a punt on a kid, and hope we can develop him into a world beater is less risky than a £120m fee on a certain successful player. If he doesn't do well then we can always use him for a few subs and we can always get our money back out of his fee if we sell him on.

Pointless transfer imo. But at least we won't loose money on him.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Take a punt on a kid, and hope we can develop him into a world beater is less risky than a £120m fee on a certain successful player. If he doesn't do well then we can always use him for a few subs and we can always get our money back out of his fee if we sell him on.

If he becomes the best player in the world you will look very silly.

M Bison

Supports
York City

Debatable.

I also dont believe we would take a punt at that level, £20m is a huge amount of money.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Signing one of the most highly-regarded players of his age group is pointless? Ok.

laughtersassassin

We should have arranged a loan to Parma who wanted him up until Jan. He is rotting on the bench and never playing due to Atalanta's system.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

There's another video on his Instagram story too

Mr PG

He has some serious football ability...that much is clear.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That spin in the first clip :eek:

I refuse to get too excited but his footwork and agilty is seriously on Messi levels, he looks fantastic. If he can pull that sort of skill off in matches :drool:

Could end up being a masterstroke.

K Stand Knut

I doubt that is the case. If united have to file papers for his work permit then they have to show he is their employee (player). If he is expected to arrive in Jan meaning we already have signed him. If we sign him in Jan then his arrival will be delayed by another couple of months.
If he’s a United employee, why on earth would United let him train and be named in squads for Atalanta?

Im pretty certain, albeit with no evidence to back it up, that the deal has not been 100% ratified yet.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
If he’s a United employee, why on earth would United let him train and be named in squads for Atalanta?

Im pretty certain, albeit with no evidence to back it up, that the deal has not been 100% ratified yet.
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...ign=ManUtd&utm_medium=post&utm_source=twitter

There is your evidence. A deal has been agreed for a future transfer pending medical and work permit. He hasn’t done a medical that I recall and he doesn’t have a work permit so the deal isn’t fully complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.