Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

K Stand Knut

AchillesMaxx

Both Diallo and the Uruguay kid were panic transfer as this donkey deadwood missed out Jadon and tried to bring hot prospects to please the fans. I will be very surprised if either one of them will make a breakthrough in first team giving OGS rarely rotates the front three

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
So he's Ivorian now but as soon as he makes his debut for United he'll be Italian. Interesting.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Both Diallo and the Uruguay kid were panic transfer as this donkey deadwood missed out Jadon and tried to bring hot prospects to please the fans. I will be very surprised if either one of them will make a breakthrough in first team giving OGS rarely rotates the front three
I remember back then some suggest Ronaldo as panic transfer too, in the sumner after we miss out big time to buy Ronaldinho from PSG to replace Beckham.
It’s ridiculous I know, but there is always some people suggest things like that.

The Red Thinker

If he’s a United employee, why on earth would United let him train and be named in squads for Atalanta?

Im pretty certain, albeit with no evidence to back it up, that the deal has not been 100% ratified yet.
This is the problem with the world at the moment.

AchillesMaxx

I remember back then some suggest Ronaldo as panic transfer too, in the sumner after we miss out big time to buy Ronaldinho from PSG to replace Beckham.
It’s ridiculous I know, but there is always some people suggest things like that.
That was only under SAF and the CEO David Gill or Peter Kenyon( I can’t really remember). Now we are all under this donkey ED who never knows about football !

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Have to say I’m struggling to understand why a “generational talent” in his late teens - who was filmed taking the piss out of alleged first teamers in training - can’t even make a 12 man bench for Atalanta in a huge game where 5 subs are allowed. Something doesn’t compute. Is he injured?

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Have to say I’m struggling to understand why a “generational talent” in his late teens - who was filmed taking the piss out of alleged first teamers in training - can’t even make a 12 man bench for Atalanta in a huge game where 5 subs are allowed. Something doesn’t compute. Is he injured?
Maybe it's because they have nothing to gain from playing the kid now

GledTheRed

It's almost as if he's leaving in 30 odd days for a huge profit.

Weird.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Maybe it's because they have nothing to gain from playing the kid now
It's almost as if he's leaving in 30 odd days for a huge profit.

Weird.
Well he could help them win a game of football match. And I’m not sure playing a game of football is as big a risk for a valuable asset as you imply.

Bwuk

Im thinking the same. Tad worrying.

Andersonson

Isnt he just training with them and not playing matches? We owe him, but because of visas he is training with Atlanta until Jan to keep himself fit?

Sweet Square

Has he played at all for the first team since we've signed him ?

I've always put his lack of game time down to some sort of gentleman agreement between the clubs to not play him in case of injury.

Dve

He´s leaving. Why give game time to a youngster not part of the future.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Apart from what’s already been said, these two posts provide some good insight:
Didn't Atalanta also get rid of another highly rated wide player in Kulaveski? Gasperini's system is quite niche. I wouldn't read too much into him not getting any game time. Really looking forward to seeing him play for us.
Gasperini is known for his Bielsa-esque detailed-oriented tactical approach (and Atalanta's slightly suicidal personal pressing falls apart if even one player isn't doing what he needs to do) and his attitude towards integrating new players into the team is to always take it slow (look at Malinovskiy last season or Miranchuk now – and those are the players who already fit his system tactically).

I'd imagine that Diallo would've been played more and more gradually from this season forward, but the transfer certainly didn't help his Atalanta career – Gasperini still needs to shape him into someone a bit different before he fits Atalanta perfectly and there's no sense in doing that anymore since he's going to leave in a couple of months.
Also much like Kulusevski, Diallo was meant to before we swooped in, all but done to go on loan to Parma. My guess is a successful loan or two was the plan, before selling him for a nice profit too.

Dve

For the short term benefit of helping them win a football match.
I doubt their coach regard him that much better than the ones already playing, he´s only 18, and it´s not like they are in a desperate position. It´s still early season, and there will be many players in the squad needing game time. Imagine James leaving in January, that sure wouldn´t have helped him climb the rank.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I know he's set to join us in January but does that mean any time from Jan 1st? Or is there a date later in the month where he can come to England and start training etc.?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm sure we'll ease him in slowly and give him a few reserve matches like Pellestri.

Unless he blows everybody away in training, we need to be patient.

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Nobody should expect much out of him this season. I’m going to guess he gets a few sub ons late in the year.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Ye, if there is one thing Atalanta need it's someone who can score goals, it really seems to be the part of the game they struggle with.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
People shouldn't be surprised by his omission from the first 11 because Atalanta planned for him to be loaned out to Parma for the current season. But United's offer was deemed too good to turn down and it's created a awkward situation for Atalanta who hadn't planned for him to be part of the first team this season.

HowYouDoin

I really wouldnt be surprised if hes an impact player from the get go.
He is probably miles ahead of Dan James and James gets minutes. Diallo is probably worlds apart.
Also take Martial and Greenwood, both impact players at a very young age. You can include Rashford as well.
If you're good enough, you are old enough.

Like makes no sense to be giving Dan James minutes over Diallo.
Dont see this as the case of him being with the reserves, being eased in. He will likely play immediately and do well.

Jibbs

Totally agree. They both may be next Messi and Ronaldo but I don't see them making the cut at United under Ole.

Okey

Isn't he just there till January to give his paperwork time to get sorted? If he didn't have that issue, I believe he would have come in right away like Pellistri. No point Atalanta playing him. He's essentially not their player anymore.

Khalif_20

Nobody should expect much out of him this season. I’m going to guess he gets a few sub ons late in the year.
I'm 100% certain that the fanbase, together with the whole uninformed football world, are in for an immense surprise.

Every single scout who observed Amad has nothing but superlatives to report about him... bomb of a talent, prodigious, generational (yes I know Caf dislikes the term but it's fully justified here).

Expect late sub cameos very soon after his arrival, and genuine first team spot challenge before the season is over. Mark my words.

HowYouDoin

I'm 100% certain that the fanbase, together with the whole uninformed football world, are in for an immense surprise.

Every single scout who observed Amad has nothing but superlatives to report about him... bomb of a talent, prodigious, generational (yes I know Caf dislikes the term but it's fully justified here).

Expect late sub cameos very soon after his arrival, and genuine first team spot challenge before the season is over. Mark my words.
Wouldnt be surprising or unprecedented.
Rashford, Martial, Greenwood were all impact players at that young age.
And he is probably much better than Dan James.

Therefore I do agree with you. He will likely play regularly much sooner than people expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.