Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd argue that we still need Sancho irrespective of Amad coming good.
I do too, but not for the RW, but rather for the left side instead, because it's been too long since we've had two inverted wingers who could play on either side which would make us a very unpredictable and even more dangerous team.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Isn't Sancho better on the left anyway?
According to one of the coaches who has worked closely with Sancho, he's best deployed on the left. Which makes sense considering he's naturally right footed. But as shown at Dortmund he can also play well on the right but he did have a very attack minded wingback for support in Hakimi.

rotherham_red

How can we need a new right winger irrespective of our new right winger coming good?
Because he's 18 and will be prone to inconsistencies.

We also need one in terms of numbers and balance alone. Rashford, Greenwood, Martial etc don't fit as well over there but are doing a job for the team. We'd instantly look a whole lot better if we actually had someone there who knew what they were doing. It doesn't necessarily need to be Sancho but even a decent to good option like Leon Bailey or Moussa Diaby would do the job.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think he will be given the opportunity to make the RWF role his own. I also don't believe the club have invested a potential €40m on him (and even waited to complete the deal in January 2021) to then turn around and buy someone else for the role in question. It doesn't make sense to me. Sancho I can still see us signing but he's naturally right footed and would suit playing on the left long-term IMO. But he also gives Ole the option of deploying him on the right or centrally if needs be.

The club and scouts obviously feel Diallo has the potential to be a mainstay in the team and they will likely give him the time to fulfil his potential which makes sense considering the amount we've spent on him.

Pughnichi

I don’t expect to see him soon. But he could certainly prove to be our wildcard towards the back end of the season when I suspect another frantic period of games.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don’t expect to see him soon. But he could certainly prove to be our wildcard towards the back end of the season when I suspect another frantic period of games.
I think we'll see him play on Monday for the 23s.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Can just imagine Phelan, Solskjaer, Carrick and McKenna sat behind the X-factor desk deciding whether or not to buzz him into first team training.
:lol: It's funny because it's the same number of people sitting in the panel, they're all different characters and got the job based on their ability to have a familiar face.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Winner vs Liverpool
People like you are why the Club is where it is -- you folks have allowed Manchester United standards and expectations to slip. Sad.

We should be expecting Amad to be scoring two goals, at a minimum and three assists in that match.

Shame on you.

Last edited:

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Still not got a hat trick for us. Another overhyped youngster. What a disappointment.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Just give him subs appearances in next few games first, get him some game time to adapt...

On the second thought, no, we don’t need him on bench, we neeed him on our starting line-up against Liverpool, the most important game of our season.

Bwuk

If he’s not on the bench he’ll play for the 23s on Monday.

Would be surprised if he is though. We’ll play 2 forwards and I’d imagine on the bench, Martial, Greenwood, James and Mata ahead of him.

mav_9me

If he’s not on the bench he’ll play for the 23s on Monday.

Would be surprised if he is though. We’ll play 2 forwards and I’d imagine on the bench, Martial, Greenwood, James and Mata ahead of him.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him on bench ahead of James.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Best to let the kid train and settle in first, anybody expecting him to rock up and play straight away was being very naive.

SAFMUTD

He's been here for 11 days now and hasnt contributed to a single goal nor created a chance, preassure is piling up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ok Someone teach me how to embed a tweet
just press the share button on the tweet to copy the link then paste it straight in, usually figures it out by itself.

hungrywing

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
All the noises coming out the club sound positive. It sounds like he might be involved sooner rather than later. Perhaps could feature on the bench tomorrow? I thought it was interesting that he didn’t feature against Leicester in the under 23s game yesterday which maybe indicates he’s seen as above that level.

lost7

This is very high praise from Ole. Before this, I really didn't expect him to have his debut for at least a couple of months, but now I wouldn't be shocked to see him immediately.

Fulham may be too soon, but perhaps Sheffield?

croadyman

This is very high praise from Ole. Before this, I really didn't expect him to have his debut for at least a couple of months, but now I wouldn't be shocked to see him immediately.

Fulham may be too soon, but perhaps Sheffield?
Still hoping Liverpool in the cup as he can use 5 subs but the quality of the opposition may see Ole decide to wait

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I'll probably get slated for this, but the guy cost what, €20m? (excluding bonuses) - seems a little excessive for a youth signing.

Means we'll have €32m worth of signings spread across 3 youth players (Diallo, Pellistri and Mejbri) which I personally find mental.

Just goes to show how much money there is at the top of the game, just have to consider ourselves lucky that we're able to let a €20m signing bed in with our youth team.

macheda14

I'll probably get slated for this, but the guy cost what, €20m? (excluding bonuses) - seems a little excessive for a youth signing.

Means we'll have €32m worth of signings spread across 3 youth players (Diallo, Pellistri and Mejbri) which I personally find mental.

Just goes to show how much money there is at the top of the game, just have to consider ourselves lucky that we're able to let a €20m signing bed in with our youth team.
You’ll get slated because going by the fact he’s training with the first team, didn’t play in the u23s and the comments made by Ole he’s very much a first team signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.