6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MDFC Manager

James is arguably better on the left. Yet James played on the right, and Amad, who has mostly been used on the right, played on the opposite side. Surprising.
Ole just wanted him to play closer to the camera so we all could get a better look at him :)

pascell

Seems unlikely and think there is more chance he makes the matchday squad on Sunday but maybe not the bench
They haven't got a game tomorrow so probably not.
The U23's play on Monday.

I doubt he'll feature in that, as I imagine the plan will be for him to be a part of the first team squad v Newcastle on Sunday - but probably not feature, and maybe not even make the bench. And then definitely get some minutes, as a sub or starter, on the Thursday in the 2nd leg.

I guess, if he doesn't even make the bench v Newcastle, then he could get a 45 minute run out for the U23's ahead of the Sociedad game. But I doubt it. If he's going to be in and around the first team squad now, then those couple of U23 games may be deemed enough.

Shoretire, on the other hand, should definitely keep featuring for the U23's as he's clearly behind Amad in the pecking order - and in age and development. Although, hopefully, he'll also get some minutes in the second leg on Thursday.
My bad, last time I checked they were pencilled in for Friday and then Monday (vs Everton). I think it'll be James and Mata on the bench Sunday then Diallo will play Monday for the u23s then Thursday.

Bwuk

Good to see him come on. I’d imagine with the scoreline as it is he’ll start next week.

tjb

He'll probably have the best dribbling stats in the team soon since Nani or Ronaldo.
He is Nani with a lower centre of gravity....and we can mold his in game personality.

Smores

I quite liked his pressing when he came on. For that alone he'll be useful in some games against tired legs.

Glorio

Must be kind of annoying for the guy he's warming up with.
:lol: to be fair, towards the end Axel seemed to be laughing - might be wrong though ... weirdly, I was trying to suss out his mood (without seeing his face) while watching as I was thinking the same thing

Glorio

Anyone remember Messi's Barca debut (I think it was)? From memory, he chipped the keeper and the goal got chalked off, and shortly after he just chipped the keeper again - my friends and I went absolutely bonkers!

Not comparing by the way, the thread and the unrealistic expectations/criticisms just reminded me of debuts that broke the rules of normality. Ronaldo's was brilliant too but Messi's was just crazy

Anyone remember Messi's Barca debut (I think it was)? From memory, he chipped the keeper and the goal got chalked off, and shortly after he just chipped the keeper again - my friends and I went absolutely bonkers!

Not comparing by the way, the thread and the unrealistic expectations/criticisms just reminded me of debuts that broke the rules of normality. Ronaldo's was brilliant too but Messi's was just crazy
for United it will always be Rooney over Ronaldo’s.

I didn’t take anything from his debut yesterday - just that OGS thinks he’s ready for some game time, which makes me enthusiastic to see more of him.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
That was nice, reminded me of Januzaj's debut in a match that had already been won.

Raven

Forget Ronaldo or Messi. I’d be thrilled enough if Diallo became the next Nani.
Nani is one of our most underrated players I think, was sensational between 2010 and 2012! If Amad can get to that level, like you say, I'd be thrilled.

lex talionis

Nani is one of our most underrated players I think, was sensational between 2010 and 2012! If Amad can get to that level, like you say, I'd be thrilled.
Nani never reached colossus status for us, but for a long stretch he was undefendable, skinning defenders like a sushi chef and belting in goals from distance like the ball had jet fuel in it. But injuries felled him and he became a journeyman footballer.

Amad and other young prospects should study footballers of the past. I wonder if they do.

GazTheLegend

Diallo looked REALLY fast, especially when pressing. Anyone got any idea if he's known to be a speed merchant?

What impressed me was that the second or third thing he did I think was an intelligent pass inside to Martial that set up a counter -we didn't score from that situation but some players wouldn't have given the initial ball in. Very promising debut.

GazTheLegend

Agreed. Nani was at Bales level in 2010 for productivity.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Diallo looked REALLY fast, especially when pressing. Anyone got any idea if he's known to be a speed merchant?

What impressed me was that the second or third thing he did I think was an intelligent pass inside to Martial that set up a counter -we didn't score from that situation but some players wouldn't have given the initial ball in. Very promising debut.
He is surprisingly rapid. It wasnt that obvious at all his U23 matches.

pascell

He's very fast but what makes him shine is his close control, dribbling and imagination when he's got the ball, he knows what he's going to do with it and even if he's got two men closing down, he'll find a way through.

fecking hell...This Video is Maradonaesque...
He clearly has immense natural talent.

Does anybody already know how his striking of the ball is? Didn't see much of that in the youtube Videos.
Well he's scored 3 in 3 for the u23s, one slotted past the GK calmly 1v1, a penalty and a half volley (which was very well taken).

Teja

He is surprisingly rapid. It wasnt that obvious at all his U23 matches.
Yeah I was watching the U23 game and remember thinking this kid's not super fast but maybe it'll be fine if he has a bit of initial acceleration like AMs normally have.

Surprised me yesterday when he flat out chased a ball at top speed. Maybe he's been asked to take it a little easy when playing for U23s so he doesn't get injured or something.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
for United it will always be Rooney over Ronaldo’s.

I didn’t take anything from his debut yesterday - just that OGS thinks he’s ready for some game time, which makes me enthusiastic to see more of him.
Not for everyone....I knew watching Ronaldo’s I’d just seen the future best player in the world. So the excitement of that outweighed Rooneys. I’d never seen us have a player that good.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yeah I was watching the U23 game and remember thinking this kid's not super fast but maybe it'll be fine if he has a bit of initial acceleration like AMs normally have.

Surprised me yesterday when he flat out chased a ball at top speed. Maybe he's been asked to take it a little easy when playing for U23s so he doesn't get injured or something.
Yah. I suspect the instructions were to play within yourself. He may not be straight be line fast like a James but he is defo fleet footed.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not for everyone....I knew watching Ronaldo’s I’d just seen the future best player in the world. So the excitement of that outweighed Rooneys. I’d never seen us have a player that good.
Agreed. The way Ronaldo was Terrorising the opposition in transition with his dribbling ability and skill level was awesome.

MalcolmTucker

Yeah this was my thought but he did look a lot quicker than I expected. His technical game looks top notch, but so did the likes of Januzaj, Angel Gomes etc, if he is rapid then he'll definitely have more of a chance of becoming an elite level player.

Raveneye

I think for some players it's a matter of style and the limits of their physical capabilities. At his age, Amad may need his legs to be relatively fresh to do all the close control and tricks he likes, and to think at his best. Running at his absolute top speed a lot would be a good way to burn through his stamina and stump his overall effectiveness in a full match.

With just a few minutes to play against Real Sociedad, however, conserving stamina wasn't much of an issue.

macheda14

In his u23s and games for Atalanta he has already shown better decision making than a young Nani (something Nani really improved on in the years you mentioned). If he could just become a consistent Nani then we'd have a real player on our hands. A consistent Nani would be one of the best wingers about. Amad will have to practise his shooting though, because Nani had a fantastic shot on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.