Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We're 4-0 up and IMO this is a ideal opportunity to start him against Real Sociedad. We should think positive and let Amad have a go at Monreal. This kid was deemed good enough to play first team games for Parma in Serie A hence they wanted him on loan from Atalanta.

We should be brave and start him in a game where we're 4-0 up and show confidence in the kid. I feel some fans have become overly negative. If we can't start in a game where we're 4-0 up from the away leg, when can we?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That’s never going to change if we can’t play him when 4-0 up.
Of course it can change.

This thread is nuts. The lad has barely been at the club a couple of months. Bringing through young talents invariably involves a few sub appearances before starting games. No matter how talented they are. It’s not even unusual for experienced senior pros to be bedded into the team gradually after moving from a different league/country.

And some of you are pretending it’s an absolute travesty if he doesn’t start on Thursday. Bonkers.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If he doesn't start on Thursday then I think it's clear he won't be massively involved this season. It's the best opportunity to get him proper minutes that I think we'll have. Failing that, we'll hopefully integrate him over the next season or two. If he has no significant time this season then next season is going to be a case of starting from scratch yet again, and that's with the expectations that we'll actually compete for top honours next season.

pocco

loco
Of course it can change.

This thread is nuts. The lad has barely been at the club a couple of months. Bringing through young talents invariably involves a few sub appearances before starting games. No matter how talented they are. It’s not even unusual for experienced senior pros to be bedded into the team gradually after moving from a different league/country.

And some of you are pretending it’s an absolute travesty if he doesn’t start on Thursday. Bonkers.
It's not a travesty but I think it will show us that he won't be like Greenwood, Rashford etc and used in the first team from the get go. If he's getting the cotton wool treatment then it's going to be mid to late next season before we see him start a league game, at best, in my opinion.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
But sure you have absolutely no clue or no insight into the difference between these players at the same ages.

Diallo can't even speak English FFS.

You know nothing.

On what planet do you think you know better about Diallo's readiness than Ole Gunnar Solskjaer does?
Diallo can speak English :lol:

I know enough to see that he is ready for more than a 10 minute sub appearance in a 4-0 lead :houllier: He managed fine when they gave him a few minutes at the end of the last match, what's the difference with giving him some more?.

Diallo has already minutes and scored in Seria A, played well in the CL group stages. Atlanta were sending him on loan to Parma where he was going to play regularly!. He's way too good for reserve level already and needs to play proper matches to gain that experience to go to the next level.

We made the same mistake with Pogba, wanted him to be perfect before they'd give him a chance to grow naturally. Instead Juve did that for him.

Do you really agree with every decision Ole has made? probably going by your posts :nervous:

Davie Moyes

I'm hoping and anticipating he starts on Thursday whilst Shoretire comes on as a sub. I took Ole's comments to mean he won't start BOTH as he has a few senior squad players that need games e.g. James and Mata on the right etc.

Mainoldo

What am I saying about what?

The transfer fee?

It tells me that United invested heavily in a player that they think will have a bright future at the club. I'm pretty sure when they splashed out £34m (theyhaven't actually splashed out anything near that; they've paid £16m down and a further £18 can be reached over the course of a five year contract if Diallo becomes as good as we hope and reaches certain milestones) they weren't thinking about fecking February, 2021. They were thinking well beyond that. Years beyond it.

You know nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Diallo still doesn't have a house in Manchester (he is living with another player and has a hotel room).

Diallo doesn't even speak any English yet.

But feck it, some thicko with a stupid username on an internet forum thinks he should be playing for the first team now Goddamnit!!!

On what planet do you think you know better about Diallo's readiness than Ole Gunnar Solskjaer does? Have you brought a five-year plan to Ed Woodward, showing him how the team should be shaped over the course of those five years? Do you have a detailed plan of how you would integrate youth in to the first team, like Ole has? Do you speak with academy coaches every day on the progress of the youth players, like Ole does?

No.

Well then you know nothing.
I tell you what I know. I know some dumb idiot thought he was worth £34 only for him not to be ready to play in the first team.

Whoever that was needs a pay rise.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
It's not a travesty but I think it will show us that he won't be like Greenwood, Rashford etc and used in the first team from the get go. If he's getting the cotton wool treatment then it's going to be mid to late next season before we see him start a league game, at best, in my opinion.
Rashford got his first start because of an injury crisis. Greenwood made a few sub appearances before he started games (two months between first sub appearance and first start). And these two are absolutely phenomenal talents who had been with the club for years before making their first team debut.

Amad is brand new at the club, barely settled in a foreign country and a lot less physically prepared for senior football than many kids his age. He does seem to be extremely talented, though, so I’d say there’s a good chance of more sub appearances in the coming weeks. If they go well there’s a decent chance of him starting a game before the season’s out. We’ll have to wait and see. I certainly won’t jump to long term conclusions about him (or the manager) based on our team selection this Thursday.

GoldTrafford99

Insulting another member
I tell you what I know. I know some dumb idiot thought he was worth £34 only for him not to be ready to play in the first team.

Whoever that was needs a pay rise.

You truly are a different level of stupid, aren't you?

Somebody thought he was worth £34m to sign up to a five year contract with an option for a further year.

Does that mean he has to play in February,2021, just because some kid on a internet forum demands he should? Don;'t you understand that? You are saying you know Diallo is ready moreso than the actual coaches who are working with him every day.

Adam-Utd

Of course it can change.

It's not really bonkers is it?

Clubs usually drip feed minutes because they don't want to risk the result going badly if they don't perform. We are 4-0 up against a team that we should be beating comfortably again. Playing 1 player in an attacking position isn't going to effect that.

If we play him and he doesn't perform, what have we lost? we know he needs more time and can play more reserve matches + sub appearences until ready.

If he does perform? we know we can rely on him more and trust him with more minutes.

This is literally a win win situation unless he absolutely stinks and gives away a red card or something stupid, but that's very unlikely.

I really don't see why people are acting so scared? it's not like he's a goalkeeper/defender.

Adam-Utd

Can somebody order Adam-UTD a taxi, please?

His posts are mortifying...
nice tag. You're the one that can't post without calling people stupid :lol: I think you need a lie down and to form your own opinion, assuming Ole allows that? :lol:

GoldTrafford99

nice tag. You're the one that can't post without calling people stupid :lol: I think you need a lie down and to form your own opinion :lol:

I know what my opinion is...

My opinion is that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, a student of the game with coaching badges and management experience, the man who actually agreed to pull the trigger and sign Diallo, the man who has a five-year plan which includes integrating young players, the man who had Diallo scouted 10-times and the man who has worked with Diallo every day for a month now, knows a hell of a lot more about WHEN to bring Diallo into the first team than a bloke who calls himself ADAM-UTD on a fecking internet forum does.

pocco

loco
Rashford got his first start because of an injury crisis. Greenwood made a few sub appearances before he started games (two months between first sub appearance and first start). And these two are absolutely phenomenal talents who had been with the club for years before making their first team debut.

Amad is brand new at the club, barely settled in a foreign country and a lot less physically prepared for senior football than many kids his age. He does seem to be extremely talented, though, so I’d say there’s a good chance of more sub appearances in the coming weeks. If they go well there’s a decent chance of him starting a game before the season’s out. We’ll have to wait and see. I certainly won’t jump to long term conclusions about him (or the manager) based on our team selection this Thursday.
I'm just reading between the lines and knowing what Ole is like with not dropping certain players and taking less risks these days since the pressure is on, which will be amplified next season. When I take all that into account, I don't see him starting a game any time soon unless he started this dead rubber and looked fantastic. Especially if we go out and buy more attackers in the summer. The run in to this season will be crazy for us. If Ole doesn't think it's possible to start him against an average team, in a cup that doesn't really matter, with a 4-0 lead, then I don't see him becoming more willing to take that risk in any other game this season.

Looking at it another way, if Ole wanted to bring him into the picture because he felt he will need him this season, then he will start this Thursday. Just my opinion!

Adam-Utd

My opinion is that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, a student of the game with coaching badges and management experience, the man who actually agreed to pull the trigger and sign Diallo, the man who has a five-year plan which includes integrating young players, knows a hell of a lot more about WHEN to bring Diallo into the first team than a bloke who calls himself ADAM-UTD on a fecking internet forum.
a student of the game :lol: give me a break.

What are you so scared about? he obviously thinks he's ready to play otherwise he wouldn't be giving him minutes.

I understand not playing him from the start in the first leg, but we're 4-0 up at home. His direct opponent is a 34 year old washed up fullback, this is the perfect opportunity to give him a proper match with very little worry. It's not like we're asking him to play the full reserve team, just give him a start. If he's not having a good game then sub him at 60 - he'll learn more from this than stuffing people way below his level in the reserves.

This is an internet forum where we are allowed to give our opinion, if you don't like it perhaps it best you don't post here and engage with normal human beings?

"taxi for Bronze Trafford"

Jordan_mufc

My opinion is that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, a student of the game with coaching badges and management experience, the man who actually agreed to pull the trigger and sign Diallo, the man who has a five-year plan which includes integrating young players, the man who had Diallo scouted 10-times and the man who has worked with Diallo every day for a month now, knows a hell of a lot more about WHEN to bring Diallo into the first team than a bloke who calls himself ADAM-UTD on a fecking internet forum does.
/debate

CM10

It's difficult to envisage a better opportunity to give him a start really. Comfortably ahead going into a 2nd leg tie with 4 away goals, how wrong can it really go?

I still expect him to come off the bench but it's not like Shoretire where he is still a relative baby. Surround him with a bit of experience and let him play.

Adam-Utd

It's difficult to envisage a better opportunity to give him a start really. Comfortably ahead going into a 2nd leg tie with 4 away goals, how wrong can it really go?

I still expect him to come off the bench but it's not like Shoretire where he is still a relative baby. Surround him with a bit of experience and let him play.
/debate

Tarrou

some of you have an unhealthy level of interest into whether this one lad starts this one game

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Can we trust the manager for a change? If he thinks he’s ready for a start then I’m sure he will.

Baneofthegame

I’d like him to start, whether Ole thinks he’s ready or not is another matter. I’d like to see ideally something like:

Henderson
Williams
Bailly
Tuanzebe
Telles
Matic
Fred
Mata
Diallo
Greenwood
Martial

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Of course it can change.

I think he will start on Thursday anyway to be honest. Whatever way you spin it though it’s not good if he’s not starting. We simply won’t get a better chance this season to play him and we have to know what level he’s operating at otherwise we absolutely need to spunk a stupid amount of money on yet another RW option.

Redlyn

Rashford was younger with even less experience and we threw him into a premier league game with Arsenal.

I get wanting to be cautious but this is getting a bit silly. Bayern just played a 17 year old against Lazio in the knock out's of the CL.

Now is a great time to learn if he's got what it takes to help us with harder games coming up in the future.
Whatever other managers or clubs are doing with their young players is up to them. For me he doesn't have to start. He can come in in the 2nd half and we can still have a look at him. Starting or not, I'm fine with either approach. Just hoping he gets at least 30 mins.

Adam-Utd

Whatever other managers or clubs are doing with their young players is up to them. For me he doesn't have to start. He can come in in the 2nd half and we can still have a look at him. Starting or not, I'm fine with either approach. Just hoping he gets at least 30 mins.
Of course he doesn't have to, but he should be and I hope he does.

If he doesn't play at least 30 minutes in this match it'll be a real shame.

I suspect Ole will bench him, play a full first team and try to get a few goals early, then use the 5 subs to rest some players.

What i'd LIKE is for him to start and show us he can be a trusted player in the future.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I think he will start on Thursday anyway to be honest. Whatever way you spin it though it’s not good if he’s not starting. We simply won’t get a better chance this season to play him and we have to know what level he’s operating at otherwise we absolutely need to spunk a stupid amount of money on yet another RW option.
I’d say the coaches have a good idea what level he’s operating at, whether or not he plays on Thursday.

It could be a year or two before he establishes himself as a first teamer anyway. I know that sort of patience might cause heads to explode but there you go.

skeelz

I don't think he'll start (coming from someone that has been longing to see him play for us)

Things can get dramatic easily …down by 0-2 by half time could lead to him being hauled off which may really hurt his confidence.

And I think the comparison of teams like Bayern throwing in a kid to play a champions league game is different, they provide a suitable environment for them. This team of ours doesn't not excel in any department at the moment, and we need to be careful about introducing kids so it doesn't affect the team or their confidence.

mav_9me

I’d say the coaches have a good idea what level he’s operating at, whether or not he plays on Thursday.

It could be a year or two before he establishes himself as a first teamer anyway. I know that sort of patience might cause heads to explode but there you go.
Sure. But then we have to buy a RW. You spend 20m going to 40m you expect him to play a role in solving the RW problem. At least some role. If it's going to take 1-2 yrs then we better buy another RW cuz it's already criminal how we have neglected our RW for 10 yrs

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Sure. But then we have to buy a RW. You spend 20m going to 40m you expect him to play a role in solving the RW problem. At least some role. If it's going to take 1-2 yrs then we better buy another RW cuz it's already criminal how we have neglected our RW for 10 yrs
I’m sure he’ll play a role. That doesn’t mean we don’t need more options for the RW though.

Adam-Utd

There's no better opportunity to give someone in the under 15s a start either but that doesn't meant the coaches think it's a good idea.
Such a valid comparison! :houllier:

Kostov

That would probably be right if it was 2014, in 2020 for 20m you just buy a kid who was barely played senior football.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
You truly are a different level of stupid, aren't you?

Somebody thought he was worth £34m to sign up to a five year contract with an option for a further year.

Does that mean he has to play in February,2021, just because some kid on a internet forum demands he should? Don;'t you understand that? You are saying you know Diallo is ready moreso than the actual coaches who are working with him every day.
He didn't even cost £34m, seems odd to insult others and in the same sentence make a poor mistake, the total fee was rising to £37m for a basic fee of £19m which is a very different proposition. The variable are speculative but it's supposed to be based on high objectives such as winning PL, CL etc rather than X amount of appearances so may never be paid.

KW2006

Dan James shows up at the pre-match press conference with Ole. So...

Status
Not open for further replies.