Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hopefully he will get a start today, we have 4-0 lead and playing at home. If not start then hopefully at least 45 mins.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If he doesn’t get a start, he won’t get one this season. At least I’d expect him to play 45 mins minimum.

yo@Kirk

With the 5 sub rule in effect for Europa League matches, it makes bringing Amad on at halftime an easy decision if the starters are taking care of business. That would be a very positive next step in his development.

tenpoless

Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-do
I have a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-dee
If you are wise, you'll listen to me

What do you do when there's no right winger
And your team is lacking a proper winner
Why do you keep playing James like that
What do you think will come of that?

(I don't like the look of it)

Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-da
If you play Diallo, you will go far!
We will live in happiness too
Like the Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-do

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
We’re 4-0 up on away goals so if he’s fit enough giving him 30mins at least would be nice to see.

However I don’t see Ole just throwing loads of inexperienced players in at once. So maybe there is a small chance one of him or Shortire start and gets rotated out but I’d fully expect Dan James to be on that RW again.

Whatever happens I just hope we get to see a little bit of him as it’s a safe enough game to give him some minutes.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I thought he said on Sunday he wouldn't start them both. He didn't say he wouldn't start one of them.
In the press conference yesterday he said he isn't gonna tell anyone if either player starts or not.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

RAWK tier cringe poetry.

Bwuk

Bannable offence?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

:lol: stall!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Incoming meltdown in here. Like I was saying. Ole clearly thinks he is too physically small to actually be included in the first team, he is at the earlier stage where he might train with them and travel occasionally and get the odd easy game sub appearance when the opposition is tired out. He won't play a role til next season though, at the soonest.

Glorio

Incoming meltdown in here. Like I was saying. Ole clearly thinks he is too physically small to actually be included in the first team, he is at the earlier stage where he might train with them and travel occasionally and get the odd easy game sub appearance when the opposition is tired out. He won't play a role til next season though, at the soonest.
I think Ole just wants to sensibly introduce a kid with what .... 6 first team appearances (mostly from the subs bench) in a "safer" scenario.
The scenario is pretty safe as is, but stranger things have happened (then overturning a 4 goal deficit in Europe), and if we get to half time with things the same or better, that for me is the perfect time to bring him in. He'll get a full 45min to show what he's about, defensively too - which is a bit of an unknown at this level.

Regarding the money we paid for him (before anyone mentions), that was for potential.

0le

Well "what you were saying" is wrong because he is on the bench and already made his debut.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think Ole just wants to sensibly introduce a kid with what .... 6 first team appearances (mostly from the subs bench) in a "safer" scenario.
The scenario is pretty safe as is, but stranger things have happened (then overturning a 4 goal deficit in Europe), and if we get to half time with things the same or better, that for me is the perfect time to bring him in. He'll get a full 45min to show what he's about, defensively too - which is a bit of an unknown at this level.

Regarding the money we paid for him (before anyone mentions), that was for potential.
Yup, I'd bet he gets a decent chunk but it's nothing crazy to be cautious. The money doesn't matter. We would all love to pay 100m for Messi when he was 12. Doesn't mean he'd get any minutes until he was 17 or 18 or whenever he actually started being used by Barca.

Well "what you were saying" is wrong because he is on the bench and already made his debut.
What I was saying is I thought he would start but it's reasonable for Ole to take his time with him as he's had 60 minutes in his career outside of the youth level, and that was split up between a bunch of tiny sub appearances. Its not a case of "well he's on the bench so be may as well start". Ole will ease him in as he clearly still sees him as not ready for actual starts (aka, where Greenwood was in 18/19 when Ole took over).

Idxomer

About 4 or 5 players avoided passing to him when he was in a good position, weird and not helpful for a player in his 2nd appearance.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
We seemed to just attack up Rashford's side when we decided we were arsed.

And then Rashford wasn't arsed.

Saw no involvement from Amad as a result

laughtersassassin

Had a few flashes and good work rate.

Shame he played in the half with Tuanzebe playing midfield.

Also we didn't use the right wing the entire game.

Was the same for Greenwood when he was out there.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No point even chucking him on at that stage. We were 4-0 up to a side that couldn't be bothered and nor could we. He touched the ball a bit and that's all.

markhughes

Looks a little over keen to impress when he gets the ball but that is understandable, not much of an opportunity tonight but I believe we are managing the youngsters perfectly.

laughtersassassin

Looks a little over keen to impress when he gets the ball but that is understandable, not much of an opportunity tonight but I believe we are managing the youngsters perfectly.
Say he was fairly fecking frustrated that the team refused to pass forward and refused to use the right hand side.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Hard to get ball from him without risk of foul. Good kid. When Pogba returns, he should get noticed more on the pitch.

Zoo

Williams and Tuanzebe were on his side and didn’t know how to build up from there. Bailly took it upon himself to get the ball to him. Oh well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Showed some lovely turns and touches but hardly had the ball, still think he should have started, did no worse than our star player rashford.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Had some good moments, but it was a second string team out, because Ole had one eye on Sunday.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hopefully we get another stinker side next round so he can get more and more minutes

croadyman

Yeah think starting him & Shola might have given us a bit more urgency because looked like the team weren't all that bothered about scoring any goals tonight and felt like a training session at times

Status
Not open for further replies.