Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
did we sign the 18yo Amad to go into 1st team immediately?

if the answer is no, then bringing up the price tag of £37m is wrong and irrelevant to Amad's development discussion. (the reality is the club just paid half of it, the rest are add-ons that we don't know about).

i don't mind if anyone is questioning Ole's approach to introducing Amad to the 1st team and the number of minutes he has gotten so far, but that has nothing to do with his transfer fee.
I was joking ;)

United in sin

He should be getting the minutes of James at the very least. No one suggests to play him instead of Rashford or Greenwood - just instead of James.
I agree. I think the kid is ready and I believe he'd offer us things James simply cannot. I'd love to see him start tonight.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How did I not think of Aubameyang?
Arsenal are a forgettable club to be fair :lol:

De Bruyne came from Wolfsburg, although 2015 isn’t exactly recent. He’s done pretty well for himself.

It’s a hit & miss league for exports. We’ve been unlucky with our signings from there.

kode

So the reward for scoring has been zero minute since then. While James keeps running stupidly wasting possession and offering nothing Ole is a clown

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
So the reward for scoring has been zero minute since then. While James keeps running stupidly wasting possession and offering nothing Ole is a clown
It’s ridiculous. Should be getting every one of James’ minutes.

Matriac

With how physical Granada was today Amad would have just been bullied.

James' speed fit us well in the second half when more space opened up.

Leg-End

We want to see him and James frankly isn’t doing anything to justify his place but Ole clearly just wants to be safe.

Its frustrating but his time will come.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It’s ridiculous. Should be getting every one of James’ minutes.
It's weird, they were bought for similar fees at a not-too-dissimilar age and James was dropped in immediately and played 30+ games for us last season, I know he had football under his belt but I didn't think there would be such a disparity in the way either player has been managed. Those behind the scenes know more than we do but I've found our general handling of youth this season to be very bizzare.
We want to see him and James frankly isn’t doing anything to justify his place but Ole clearly just wants to be safe.

Its frustrating but his time will come.
What concerns me is that anyone can see James as the "safe" option.

Leg-End

It's weird, they were bought for similar fees at a not-too-dissimilar age and James was dropped in immediately and played 30+ games for us last season, I know he had football under his belt but I didn't think there would be such a disparity in the way either player has been managed. Those behind the scenes know more than we do but I've found our general handling of youth this season to be very bizzare.

It’s safe in that James is a known quantity, I don’t necessarily agree with that line of thinking but Ole clearly does.

markhughes

Ole see’s him in training every day, is a former top level professional and a manager for a number of years but sure some folks know better, despite having close to zero evidence that this kid is close to being ready.

You guys know better than Ole and all the coaches at Man Utd, if the kid was ready and good enough of course he would play, the fact he isn’t means he isn’t ready yet.

Crashoutcassius

James had played plenty of football. Amad had played less than 90 mins

RUCK4444

People need to realise the work James does tracking back, Amad would have been bullied off the ball the way Granada play.

Im desperate to see more of him as well, I just think James is a safer option with his industrious style and engine for tracking back etc.

dinostar77

Ole see’s him in training every day, is a former top level professional and a manager for a number of years but sure some folks know better, despite having close to zero evidence that this kid is close to being ready.

You guys know better than Ole and all the coaches at Man Utd, if the kid was ready and good enough of course he would play, the fact he isn’t means he isn’t ready yet.
Mate, CAF are the experts. Real football managers and coaches know nothing.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Just put him in the u23s ffs. What an absolute waste of such a talented player.

SuperiorXI

Pisses me off how he didn't get on. Someone remind me aside from a chance he created right at the end for Bruno what did James do? The only passes he completed seemed to be backwards, the rest rarely got to their target.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

There's a massive difference between 18 years old and 21/22 years old... James is also a lot stockier than Amad is. Amad is a kid and has the body of a kid. That's why he's not getting minutes. There's nothing weird about it, he's really slim and he's being managed as a kid, a talented one sure, but still a kid, so he won't get much action until he gets more comfortable physically.

Matriac

People need to realise the work James does tracking back, Amad would have been bullied off the ball the way Granada play.

Im desperate to see more of him as well, I just think James is a safer option with his industrious style and engine for tracking back etc.
Exactly, I don't understand why people don't realize this.

Amad will get his minutes. Today would have been brutal for him to play, and he probably would have gotten a yellow for attempting a dribble.

Mainoldo

:lol: it isn’t over until it’s over! He will get a run out at some point.

I’m actually kind of enjoying it going to the wire, adds some intrigue.
:lol: I keep telling you he’s going to get this final game of the season start. Right at the wire.

bosnian_red

Just put him in the u23s ffs. What an absolute waste of such a talented player.
He's 18. Being in the first team squad during big games is a big learning experience without even playing. He needs to show in training that he can handle himself physically I'd imagine before he gets more minutes. It's the same reason why Angel Gomes never really played, while Greenwood was thrown in at 17. One could handle themselves physically, the other really couldn't.

Kajus

Amad is 18. James was a few months away from 22.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
:lol: I keep telling you he’s going to get this final game of the season start. Right at the wire.
It depends I guess, I reckon he will get minutes if we’re comfortably ahead in a game, but that hasn’t happened since newcastle where he brought on Shoretire instead.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He's 18. Being in the first team squad during big games is a big learning experience without even playing. He needs to show in training that he can handle himself physically I'd imagine before he gets more minutes. It's the same reason why Angel Gomes never really played, while Greenwood was thrown in at 17. One could handle themselves physically, the other really couldn't.
He’ll learn more playing and if you can’t get a game over Dan james then it’s pointless

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

He’s a much safer option but we aren’t playing nice stuff at the minute. James isn’t as much of a threat these days but I admire the work rate and direct play. Our forwards can’t seem to get a chemistry at all this year.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
As much as we all went Amad to be the second coming of Cristiano Ronaldo, those of us who remember Ronaldo's debut vs Bolton know there's no comparison. Ronaldo wasn't near the finished article at 18 but he was obviously ready for first team games. Watching Amad its been clear that he isn't at that level. A clever goal against Milan can't disguise that.

The coaching staff, who see him in training every day, can probably see it even more clearly. I'd love him to be at a level where he can be relied on but he's obviously not, not yet anyway. Maybe after some time to settle, with a little more experience, he will be. Fingers crossed I guess. At the end of the day it was a punt. Sometimes you get a future Ballon d'or winner. More often you get a David Bellion or Gabi Obertan. Its too early to say what box Amad will end up in but we can probably expect a more standard development curve than a generational talent.

bosnian_red

He’ll learn more playing and if you can’t get a game over Dan james then it’s pointless
No he'll learn enough by training and being used cautiously. The best way to develop young players isn't always to just play them every game and then sink or swim. Amad is very clearly a tiny guy and somebody that will need to be eased in to the mens game. There is nothing surprising about that and was entirely predictable and many people said it.

"If you can't get a game over Dan James". If you can't get a game as an 18 year old with barely 90 combined minutes at a professional level over the past year over a 23 year old international winger who is one of the fastest players in the world? Come on. He'll be fine. He's a kid. This is the same stuff as the Angel Gomes stuff, except he's not even close to where Angel Gomes was in his development and is younger than Gomes was. But he's physically tiny and 18 years old. Anyone thinking he'll get game time in the quarter finals when we don't have any sort of injury crisis is kidding themselves. Next season he'll hopefully play more of a bit part role, as he'll turn 19, you'd expect a lot more physical development and he'll have had a lot more exposure at this level. That's all it is.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
No he'll learn enough by training and being used cautiously. The best way to develop young players isn't always to just play them every game and then sink or swim. Amad is very clearly a tiny guy and somebody that will need to be eased in to the mens game. There is nothing surprising about that and was entirely predictable and many people said it.

"If you can't get a game over Dan James". If you can't get a game as an 18 year old with barely 90 combined minutes at a professional level over the past year over a 23 year old international winger who is one of the fastest players in the world? Come on. He'll be fine. He's a kid. This is the same stuff as the Angel Gomes stuff, except he's not even close to where Angel Gomes was in his development and is younger than Gomes was. But he's physically tiny and 18 years old. Anyone thinking he'll get game time in the quarter finals when we don't have any sort of injury crisis is kidding themselves. Next season he'll hopefully play more of a bit part role, as he'll turn 19, you'd expect a lot more physical development and he'll have had a lot more exposure at this level. That's all it is.
Did you watch James tonight ? Honestly if Amad isn’t good enough to displace James then we’ve wasted money there.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
People moaning in this thread ffs. I don't like James and I hope he's sold in a couple of years but comeone, Amad is just a kid. People don't realize he's not only physically weak but his stamina is not build for men's football. On top of that I've seen signs of lazyness from him, not closing down players and except that great run and header, he's done ZERO so far and you can impress with his minutes even limited and underperforming team. He will be bedded in slowly.

bosnian_red

Did you watch James tonight ? Honestly if Amad isn’t good enough to displace James then we’ve wasted money there.
Ok so a bad performance on the ball now means he's useless? James has his uses, wins loads of free kicks, takes loads of hits and gets up every time, runs his ass off and works incredibly hard to put a shift in defensively which balances out having Rashford, Bruno, Greenwood as 3 of the other 4. Putting a kid who has 0 muscle on him would not only be a risk to be detrimental to himself with all the kicks and potentially getting injured as his body isn't ready for that, but also be a detriment for the team as it wouldn't have enough balance in the attack between attack and defence.

Again, Amad Diallo was not bought for this season. He wasn't bought for next season. He was bought because he has supposedly world class potential, but that doesn't mean he is world class right away. Just like when Sir Alex would start Park Ji Sung ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo often times during Ronaldo's first year or 2 when he was a teenager. Amad Diallo is literally a teenager with the body of a kid who has had virtually no exposure to professional mens football. So no, it's not wasted money. It's just he was bought to be a long term member of the first team, and not an immediate member of the first team.

People in here need to relax ffs.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Seriously? Its comments like this that only illustrates the difference in the levels of football knowledge and intelligence between those in a football forum and that of a professional coach/manager.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Seriously? Its comments like this that only illustrates the difference in the levels of football knowledge and intelligence between those in a football forum and that of a professional coach/manager.
Right.....so you agree with everything every football manager does ever? Cool.

kode

Is Dan James ready for professiinal football? He cant make right passes, cant cross, cant open up defenses, cant make proper movement. All he does is run run and run. We arent coaches but we can tell when someone is clearly not United level.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Ok so a bad performance on the ball now means he's useless? James has his uses, wins loads of free kicks, takes loads of hits and gets up every time, runs his ass off and works incredibly hard to put a shift in defensively which balances out having Rashford, Bruno, Greenwood as 3 of the other 4. Putting a kid who has 0 muscle on him would not only be a risk to be detrimental to himself with all the kicks and potentially getting injured as his body isn't ready for that, but also be a detriment for the team as it wouldn't have enough balance in the attack between attack and defence.

Again, Amad Diallo was not bought for this season. He wasn't bought for next season. He was bought because he has supposedly world class potential, but that doesn't mean he is world class right away. Just like when Sir Alex would start Park Ji Sung ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo often times during Ronaldo's first year or 2 when he was a teenager. Amad Diallo is literally a teenager with the body of a kid who has had virtually no exposure to professional mens football. So no, it's not wasted money. It's just he was bought to be a long term member of the first team, and not an immediate member of the first team.

People in here need to relax ffs.
Not to be a dick....but we signed Ronaldo in 2003 and Park in 2005 so that didn’t actually happen but I do get the overall point you would be making.

It’s opinions I guess, I see James run more when he loses the ball than when he doesn’t. I don’t see him affect the game offensively or defensively except against teams who leave loads of space behind. Defensively you can run all game but if you’re not winning the ball and tracking runners....you’re just running, but god do United fans love a runner.

On Amad hopefully he progresses and develops into a player of some use to us....he’s clearly useless to us currently. I’d rather he trains with the first team and play with the u23s as he was initially to build up his experience and confidence. The two games he played he was fantastic. I’m not sure how he must be feeling now, if he isn’t pretty angry then he might not make it here.

jackal&hyde

Amad had something like 30mins of professional football played and comes from another country. James had a full season in the championship, 2 years older and is a "local" player. Their situation is very different.

Lynty

Other than his goal, Amad hasn't looked ready yet.

James , despite being frustrating, would start at plenty of clubs in the league. Give him to Bielsa and we'd see a different player.

Its good to see our coaches not letting the price tag force Amads development prematurely. Hes been in the country 3 months.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Other than his goal, Amad hasn't looked ready yet.

James , despite being frustrating, would start at plenty of clubs in the league. Give him to Bielsa and we'd see a different player.

Its good to see our coaches not letting the price tag force Amads development prematurely. Hes been in the country 3 months.
I agree Amad doesn't look ready

Status
Not open for further replies.