6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Offsideagain

The officials last night were shamefully poor, again. The Granada lads were falling over all the time trying to con the Ref and succeeded with the Pogba booking. Amad is young and will fill out in a few years when he will also be more experienced. He has the making of a great player as he can read a game well. The physical bit will come. They should get Scholes back to teach how to ‘tackle’

Sea-Cow

I don't think he's rapid like Rashford. But he is very quick over ten yards, especially with the ball. A similar profile to Hazard. I think those qualities are more important in a skillful attacker.
Exactly. Pace is extremely important and can be a huge benefit to a limited player, but if it was the deciding factor then football would be full of Olympic sprinters. Usain would actually get to realize his dream of starting for us up front.

Sea-Cow

I think people are overreacting to the incident. He had quite a bit of distance to go (wasn't he in our defensive third when he started?) and I would guess that even the fastest players on our team, Rashford and Jamed, could have been caught there as well. Its an all out sprint vs trying to sprint while dribbling under control. One is much much easier.

And I know its not exactly an analytical observation, but he just looks like a quality player. Its very possible he won't ever make it here, but I am excited to see what he can do. He is just a child! Lets try to be patient.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Keeper maybe should have done better but great to see him on the scoresheet.

Yeah, that's meat and drink for any PL keeper (... maybe not Kepa). Great to see him and Shoretire look so ready to for more first team minutes when they come, though.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He’s a mile too good for this level but not ready for our first team. Hopefully next season.
How does he look?

What in particular makes you think he is too good for u23 but not yet ready for first team?

luke511

He’s a mile too good for this level but not ready for our first team. Hopefully next season.
He hasn't been given enough time on the pitch to make that call imo. His longest time on the pitch has been 45 minutes, vs AC Milan when he scored that incredible header which turned out to be decisive. Looking forward to seeing more of him and Bruno playing together.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
How does he look?

What in particular makes you think he is too good for u23 but not yet ready for first team?
I think this wasn’t even his best U23s game. It’s just nobody can really get the ball off him at this level when he gets out of second gear so apart from fitness it just seems a bit pointless involving him. Whenever Hannibal (who’s also ready) goes over to him they play these 1/2s and nobody can get close. It’s beyond this level. His size doesn’t matter at this level but it’s holding him back at seniors. If we aren’t going to play him next season I’d loan him out to a less physical league like Pellistri if he was up for it. I think he’d learn more on loan for a year than being backup to the backup. Maybe even get him that loan to Parma or Dortmund for a season or 2 in a swap with Sancho

Last edited:

Ali Dia

He hasn't been given enough time on the pitch to make that call imo. His longest time on the pitch has been 45 minutes, vs AC Milan when he scored that incredible header which turned out to be decisive. Looking forward to seeing more of him and Bruno playing together.
this is true but given the run of games we have coming up I doubt we will be seeing much of him again unless we have a dead rubber or 2 at the very end of the season in the league

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We need to loan him next season, and he should probably stay with the U23s for the rest of this year.

He looks very talented but he needs consistent game time. He isn’t getting that just sitting on the bench making the numbers at the moment.

nmm85

Reminded me a lot of Hazard today. Some lovely passes and vision. Great centre of gravity and close control.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We need to loan him next season, and he should probably stay with the U23s for the rest of this year.

He looks very talented but he needs consistent game time. He isn’t getting that just sitting on the bench making the numbers at the moment.
He wasn’t bought to loan out, it was very much to be included and involved with the 1st team. He’ll get more game time as the top four is more or less secured and injuries to Martial and Rash will necessitate his inclusion

Bwuk

He’s far too good for u23s, and other than fitness and game time it’s a waste

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He wasn’t bought to loan out, it was very much to be included and involved with the 1st team. He’ll get more game time as the top four is more or less secured and injuries to Martial and Rash will necessitate his inclusion
There's not going to be a time in what remains of the league season to give him any real game time, 2nd place needs to be secured and closing the gap as much as possible to City has to be a priority as well

I'd certainly consider loaning him out next season, you can tell he'd do a Sancho in the Bundesliga

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
There's not going to be a time in what remains of the league season to give him any real game time, 2nd place needs to be secured and closing the gap as much as possible to City has to be a priority as well

I'd certainly consider loaning him out next season, you can tell he'd do a Sancho in the Bundesliga
I think he was signed with a guarantee to his connections that he’d be playing in the first team and not be loaned out.
Whether or not he’d do a Sancho in the BL is an interesting debate. However we didn’t pay a huge fee for a kid who’d only played a few minutes to loan him. He’ll play more than you think.

As for closing the gap on City, please start living in the real world. They will close out the league with ease. We will drop points before the end.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Hopefully he's up to speed with the language soon, makes all the difference. Not sure I'd want to see him loaned out next season. Even if we were to buy another wide attacker.

As others have said. No.

a loan would not be the best option for him at all.

Ali Dia

totally agree. he’s ready to play a little bit more for us too though as small as he looks. Hannibal is right there too. If they can be invoked even 5 minutes here and there that would be something. The main problems are we are chasing games a lot this season and it’s not an ideal situation to be throwing kids into and Ole is pretty risk averse. Just look at his handling of Donny. There’s no chance he takes risks with the kids unless they are absolutely banging his door down but I don’t really know what else Amad or Hannibal can show at u23 that they haven’t already.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's no smaller than Mata so I don't see his size being an issue, just needs to learn how to play against men which will only come with experience.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think he was signed with a guarantee to his connections that he’d be playing in the first team and not be loaned out.
Whether or not he’d do a Sancho in the BL is an interesting debate. However we didn’t pay a huge fee for a kid who’d only played a few minutes to loan him. He’ll play more than you think.

As for closing the gap on City, please start living in the real world. They will close out the league with ease. We will drop points before the end.
I don't doubt City will win the league but keeping the gap to them to at least single digits has to be an aim

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
totally agree. he’s ready to play a little bit more for us too though as small as he looks. Hannibal is right there too. If they can be invoked even 5 minutes here and there that would be something. The main problems are we are chasing games a lot this season and it’s not an ideal situation to be throwing kids into and Ole is pretty risk averse. Just look at his handling of Donny. There’s no chance he takes risks with the kids unless they are absolutely banging his door down but I don’t really know what else Amad or Hannibal can show at u23 that they haven’t already.
Hannibal needs to bulk up. There were a few occasions that he was pushed off the ball by the larger sized Chelsea defenders. Amad needs to learn how to use his guile to pay with adults then he will be fine. He doesn't have to frame to add too many kgs (another 5kgs max) without it being detrimental.

Drainy

He’s far too good for u23s, and other than fitness and game time it’s a waste
He's in the inbetween zone between underage and men's football while also being new to English football.

Its good for him to get a mix of Europa League and some PL2 game time to find his rhythm before he's absolutely needed in the Premier League.

Zlatans Knee

He's no smaller than Mata so I don't see his size being an issue, just needs to learn how to play against men which will only come with experience.
Or Hazard, or Messi, or Maradona, or Dan James (see what I did there). I think he could do with bulking up a little bit though but hopefully if he can get a good pre-season in we will see that natural progression next season.

Rossa

Or Hazard, or Messi, or Maradona, or Dan James (see what I did there). I think he could do with bulking up a little bit though but hopefully if he can get a good pre-season in we will see that natural progression next season.
It’s weird having Hazard on that list.
Plenty of great players have been rather small. Smaller players tend to be nimble and agile, which is handy when teams park the bus and there is little space.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's slightly taller than Mata but Mata is stronger, which isn't a surprise.
I think the stronger he gets, the more he will play. Moving in the middle of the season is never easy.

Glorio

I think the stronger he gets, the more he will play. Moving in the middle of the season is never easy.
Agree. Surely Mata is "bigger" even if shorter anyway. In Amad's first game we couldn't even find a shirt that fit, he had to wear a t-shirt under. (Weird as it's the same shirt the U-23s wear!) He's not just short, he's very very slight.

As you said, he will strengthen and it will just take some time to grow a bit more into his body. I just hope we don't try to rush it as we've seen the likes of Lukaka and Martial put on muscle and appear to slow down. Greenwood has never been a speed merchant but at some stage this season, he looked rather slow as well.

Drainy

Agree. Surely Mata is "bigger" even if shorter anyway. In Amad's first game we couldn't even find a shirt that fit, he had to wear a t-shirt under. (Weird as it's the same shirt the U-23s wear!) He's not just short, he's very very slight.

As you said, he will strengthen and it will just take some time to grow a bit more into his body. I just hope we don't try to rush it as we've seen the likes of Lukaka and Martial put on muscle and appear to slow down. Greenwood has never been a speed merchant but at some stage this season, he looked rather slow as well.
People also have to remember that footballers play the game getting kicked, taking injuries or accumulate fatigue over time.

Dan James and Marcus Rashford at points have looked 'slow' when we know they are rapid, and Greenwood is also very quick and people have complained that he's slow.

Matt851

Assuming he does stay next season. What do we do eith pellistri? It seems unlikely we are going to give a good amount of minutes to both

Both seem talented but it is a strange position we have got ourselves in. It seems reasonably likely neither will make a big impact next season either. In which case unless we sigb someone more established we will still be light in those wide positions

Blzbud

It’s his passing that stands out to me. I mean, obviously he has pace and great technical ability, but he also has an almost Roy Keane like ability to find his man in tight areas in and around the box with really crisp, accurate and rarely telegraphed passes.

And now I hereby declare myself the first person to make a Keane-Diallo comparison:devil:

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Assuming he does stay next season. What do we do eith pellistri? It seems unlikely we are going to give a good amount of minutes to both

Both seem talented but it is a strange position we have got ourselves in. It seems reasonably likely neither will make a big impact next season either. In which case unless we sigb someone more established we will still be light in those wide positions
Mata is out of contract this summer and I know it's been reported that United will extend him another year but maybe the club will now think about letting Amad take his place in the squad with Pellistri most likely be loaned out again.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Weirdly I didn't see much in that performance, granted I've only watched highlights so can't really say for sure.

laughtersassassin

The fact he is about a thousand times more agile and quick would probably make up for that

laughtersassassin

Amads a few levels above so loan Pellistri again

Status
Not open for further replies.