Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

Really impressed by his cameo, seems intelligent, fast and good feet ,

The best thing he can do is hire a PT to be with him everyday over the summer and bulk him up, he has the body of a 14 year old currently
And yet he wasn't bullied or fazed at all. Got well stuck in. He really doesn't need to bulk up much at all. Just get a small but stronger.

Not a popular comparison I'm about to make but Amad will never be huge and we don't want him to be as he could lose his agility.

Di Maria is the physique to compare him/ get him too imo. He is absolutely tiny but it works for him.

Imo that is the same for Amad.

I didn't watch that game and see him getting bullied so while there is obviously work to do to get him stronger it's not like he is miles away.

Ludens the Red

But he’s an adult, with an adults body! He’s not 16.
Very talented player, but needs to work harder. Lovely assist and some lovely moments, but vanished completely at times when the ball was in his area. Looking forward to seeing more from him, he’ll have learned a lot from today.
He’s clearly a slow grower. He’s not like Greenwood in that sense. I actually thought he worked hard. Seemed to be tracking back a lot, making interceptions etc.
He’s a bit of a five a side player atm, hasn’t worked out playing amongst men. Actually think a loan move to the Championship next season would do him a huge service.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think he currently has the quality of a player that would be rotated in a complete squad that dominates like a City or Bayern.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Nah he is ready for the Greenwood season 1 treatment. Everything I've seen says he is ready to contribute.

He is ready to build minutes slowly. And when playing with the first 11 when we have more control he will slowly get more involved.

It was the same for Greenwood.

We don't loan out top talent. We bed them in slowly
Greenwood showed way more talent at that stage in his career imho. Not to say that Amad can’t do it but I don’t think he is ready at all in the same way Greenwood was.

kundalini

A few nice moments. Got the assist for Greenwood's goal. But guilty of losing the ball cheaply on occasion. Lack of physical strength is clearly an issue.

Only completed 11 out of 19 passes and got dispossessed 3 times.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s very tiny but he looked plenty strong enough. Showed nice touches too and looked comfortable considering he was playing in such a heavily changed team. We dropped deeper an deeper in the second half and played a different way than our normal game. I think if he comes in when we’re closer to full strength we’ll see more good things from him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Flashes of real quality. Shame we couldn't get him on the ball more.

laughtersassassin

Greenwood showed way more talent at that stage in his career imho. Not to say that Amad can’t do it but I don’t think he is ready at all in the same way Greenwood was.
At under 23 level very comparable between the two. Amad takes the piss at that level.

At senior level yes Greenwood has shown more. We also have the hindsight of having 100 games to look back on.

It took Greenwood a bit to get off the mark too. He was a near instant hit but he wasn't actually an instant hit.

Amad in his first two games has a goal and an assist something Greenwood didn't. Although stats can be deceiving but they are relevant.

I'm not saying Amad is better. He isn't. Greenwood was more ready for the step up as he was in England his whole life and is built better for men's football.

It's just important to remember that we could take Greenwoods first 100 minutes and Amads and compare them and I don't think we say one is MILES ahead of the other.

hubbuh

Playing in a completely random, dysfunctional side with little to no expectation on it. Did fine, all things considered.

If there was ever an argument against signing Sancho due to Diallo, though, it should die tonight (I've seen people argue it here). Physically he's miles away from being ready.

Last edited:

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Playing in a completely random, dysfunctional side will little to no expectation on it. Did fine, all things considered.

If there was ever an argument against signing Sancho due to Diallo, though, it should die tonight (I've seen people argue it here). Physically he's miles away from being ready.
Then what's his future? Best case scenario? Most likely one?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fringe player in 21/22, useful squad player in 2022/23, 23/24 and then 24/25 maybe the 4th man in a front 3 of Rashford/Greenwood/Sancho getting plenty of gametime. Eventual starting 11 if good enough. Loads of minutes to go around, he's 5 years younger than Rashford is, but he's also probably 4 years away from being someone who genuinely pushes for a starring 11 spot. Might sound dramatic, but in 4 years he'll be 22... so its fine and actually pretty realistic.

hubbuh

He becomes an important part of a title winning squad. Do you think Man City fans are ruing the fact that Mahrez only appeared in 25 games in the Premier League this season? Successful teams need quality options throughout the squad. I can't believe this still needs to be stated.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Flashes of quality - not in a good enough team on the front foot today to see his dribbling skills.

Ace of Spades

He was good, did not look to be out muscled or look out paced by the game.

Unfortunately he did not get the ball much, and most of the time he did was trying to defend rather than attack as our midfield was getting overrun.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Fringe player in 21/22, useful squad player in 2022/23, 23/24 and then 24/25 maybe the 4th man in a front 3 of Rashford/Greenwood/Sancho getting plenty of gametime. Eventual starting 11 if good enough. Loads of minutes to go around, he's 5 years younger than Rashford is, but he's also probably 4 years away from being someone who genuinely pushes for a starring 11 spot. Might sound dramatic, but in 4 years he'll be 22... so its fine and actually pretty realistic.
Fair assessment. Hopefully it plays out something akin to that matter.
He becomes an important part of a title winning squad. Do you think Man City fans are ruing the fact that Mahrez only appeared in 25 games in the Premier League this season? Successful teams need quality options throughout the squad. I can't believe this still needs to be stated.
It was honestly just a question. Wasn't intended to be interrogative or aggressive.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Many people didn't want Sancho because we have Amad and Mason. He is far from ready. Just get Sancho in and let him come up slowly.

Teja

I thought he was good actually. Showcased his dribbling ability, wasn't easily bullied off the ball etc. Got the assist too even if the goal was more due to Greenwood than him.

Should really start in all the cup games next season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Amad did okay and I was pleased at the way he won the ball and worked it for Greenwood's goal. However, those who have been crying out for him to start should have got a wake up call from that performance. He's definitely got something but he's a long, long way away from being ready for regular first team football.
I don't think people necessarily wanted him to start, but would like to see him start ahead of James. That performance, considering the circumstances, was no worse than what James has put up this season.

hubbuh

Fair assessment. Hopefully it plays out something akin to that matter.

It was honestly just a question. Wasn't intended to be interrogative or aggressive.
Apologies, I didn't mean to sound defensive. Still though, there seems to exist this sense that by buying competition for places we'd be being disloyal to players. Sancho, Rashford, and Diallo, and Greenwood are all adaptable and talented young forwards. Greenwood is supposed to be a striker, so three quality options for wide positions would be absolutely ideal. Having an abundance of talent throughout the squad is the only way we'll scale the likes of City, given their infinite money pit.

macheda14

We bring in Sancho then of the people who will realistically be here in 2 seasons time we have:

Rashford Greenwood Sancho and Amad. Amad does look like he can also play both sides.

tidraKS

I liked what I saw when he got the ball. He's good technically, he's fast, has a good touch and he's just going to improve. I see a lot of potential.

I would like him to have more of the ball, but that's a thing he needs to learn to do, to get into free spaces.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Apologies, I didn't mean to sound defensive. Still though, there seems to exist this sense that by buying competition for places we'd be being disloyal to players. Sancho, Rashford, and Diallo, and Greenwood are all adaptable and talented young forwards. Greenwood is supposed to be a striker, so three quality options for wide positions would be absolutely ideal. Having an abundance of talent throughout the squad is the only way we'll scale the likes of City, given their infinite money pit.
No worries and I very much agree with your post. Quality and depth of talent is key as is the ability to make the very most of those who make up the squad.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Had a few nice moments but he's a long way from being ready. Loan him out and go for Sancho.

luke511

He's probably our second best forward behind Cavani (third if Fernandes is included) at the defensive side of the game, despite his size. Greenwood's stepped it up a gear defensively recently as well. Him, Greenwood and Mejbri are going to build up a great partnership in the future.

SAFMUTD

Flashes of quality but he still looks very raw, paying so much for him was a risky bet.

lukepowell1988

Needs to be making appearances off the bench to keep his level up not being away for a tournament during the summer might hinder him

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Reminds me a bit of Mason when he just joined the team last season, he needs a bit more game time and confidence and hopefully, he can take advantage of it and show us more.

Pressed really well and put in a good defensive shift throughout, which is something you usually worry about when you throw a young player in.

Showed flashes of quality on the ball too. Good first PL start all in all.

Noticeably doesn't have elite top level speed though. Got ruined by Ayoze Perez in a straight foot race...and he's not a player I really think of as fast. Not everyone needs to be a 100m sprinter though.

Two different types of players. There are things Amad can do that Greenwood can’t do, and Amad will never be the clinical finisher that Greenwood is. Both can become world class in many years to come. We are truly blessed. Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Amad.... amazing young talents, in two separate age brackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.