Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Yeah, fair point. Clearly they could both go to the very very top of the game. I guess when I see Amad I think he could be one of those players who is incredibly skilful and gets the crowd on their feet, but like Januzaj that doesn’t always equate to being a world class footballer in terms of efficiency and end product. Not saying it won’t, just that it is by no means certain. But when I saw a very young Greenwood he just seemed like one of those players that you just KNEW would make it, and make it big. But as you say, hindsight is a wonderful thing. I once thought that Messi was an amazing talent who wouldn’t amount to much so I clearly know feck all!

Devil may care

Got an assist, protected the ball well, calm in tight spaces and did his defensive duties well, very exciting prospect.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s clearly a slow grower. He’s not like Greenwood in that sense. I actually thought he worked hard. Seemed to be tracking back a lot, making interceptions etc.
He’s a bit of a five a side player atm, hasn’t worked out playing amongst men. Actually think a loan move to the Championship next season would do him a huge service.
It would be amazing for him for but he’d probably get kicked to bits. He looks like he could get really hurt in the men’s game… He’s deadly on the ball, he’s got it, he just needs to mature into his body and hit the weights a bit. Hes another speedy dribbler who likes to score. Same as Greenwood martial Rashford. Explosive movement is a huge part of their game. The kind of wide player our scouts recently seem to favour. It’ll take him a while yet to get going. A loan would be a good move maybe after a season of giving him the odd minutes here and seeing if he does anything. The signs are good he can contribute if we need him but I don’t see him being a regular here for a long time yet.

Glorio

He obviously is a promising young player but I am not sure we made a right decision signing him. We desperately need a RW who can do the job right now. Amad looks to be quite a bit off from being ready for that and we just paid like £30m for him which is a big chunk that we could have used to sign someone else. He would have been a good signing if we weren't in a desperate need of a RW.
We didn't pay £30m for him - nowhere close actually

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I thought he did well considering the team that was selected. I think he's a lot closer to the first 11 than some think. Once he plays with the regular starting 11, he will have the opportunity to get on the ball more and showcase his ability.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I'd like to see him get a full 90 in a more settled side, he certainly looks more ready for this level than Elanga (which isn't a shot at Elanga btw). Most promising thing is his composure and confidence on the ball, as most young players tend to get a bit rushed/sloppy with how much faster the game is at the top level.

Bwuk

I thought he did well considering the team that was selected. I think he's a lot closer to the first 11 than some think. Once he plays with the regular starting 11, he will have the opportunity to get on the ball more and showcase his ability.
Agreed. I think he’s going to be a star next season.

city-puma

It looks like the concern about his lack of physicality might be overstated. I think he just needs more game time really, especially if the team sets up a good foundation such as McFred in the midfield.

reelworld

I thought he was a bit better than alright. Really promising, looks ready for a regular squad place.
yeah me too. I thought he was very good all things considered. One of the thing that standout for me is that he just ooze composure. Never look like he's in a hurry or panicking. Also his decision making was much better than I anticipated. Looking forward to see more of him next season

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
yeah me too. I thought he was very good all things considered. One of the thing that standout for me is that he just ooze composure. Never look like he's in a hurry or panicking. Also his decision making was much better than I anticipated. Looking forward to see more of him next season
No need for Sancho then?

SATA

He does indeed plays like Mahrez, i think it was Maguire who said that. I don't think Mahrez was as good as Amad when both are 19 years of age

Anyone saw Mahrez played at 19? I think he was still playing in an obscure league. Future looks bright for Amad

owlo

I dont see what others see honestly. I see a neat player with potential and decent touch/vision who may or may not come good. He’s 19 and far from first team ready. Was barely better than Elanga. Players like Januzaj were far more exciting at that age.

Compare him to Greenwood, Foden, Saka, or Fati and it’s night and day. He needs time to develop; many players have come special a bit later.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I dont see what others see honestly. I see a neat player with potential and decent touch/vision who may or may not come good. He’s 19 and far from first team ready. Was barely better than Elanga. Players like Januzaj were far more exciting at that age.

Compare him to Greenwood, Foden, Saka, or Fati and it’s night and day. He needs time to develop; many players have come special a bit later.
No one is comparing him to Greenwood, Foden & Fati. Saka had full season in mid table team while Amad only had half season with top table team, this affects Amad’s development. Unfair comparison to Saka. Let’s wait to next season for full season how Amad develops.

owlo

No one is comparing him to Greenwood, Foden & Fati. Saka had full season in mid table team while Amad only had half season with top table team, this affects Amad’s development. Unfair comparison to Saka. Let’s wait to next season for full season how Amad develops.
There’s a lot of hyperbole around him being a top world prospect. I just don’t see it currently after comparing him to those I feel are.

Ultimately agree though; he needs time to bloom. Could become a very good player but we need to be patient and see as it’s not a sure thing or as simple as “let’s just throw him in the first team at RW”

wise_old_man

There’s a lot of hyperbole around him being a top world prospect. I just don’t see it currently after comparing him to those I feel are.

Ultimately agree though; he needs time to bloom. Could become a very good player but we need to be patient and see as it’s not a sure thing or as simple as “let’s just throw him in the first team at RW”
I remember people wanted Tahith Chong at RW because he "couldn't be worse than Lingard". Makes me wonder how Tahith Chong is doing these days. He was hyped a lot back then too. Do you think Amad has surpassed Chong yet?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Never heard of it. The last thing I heard is that Maguire & Shaw compared him to Mahrez.

gajender

Never heard of it. The last thing I heard is that Maguire & Shaw compared him to Mahrez.
There isn't most of hyperbolic comparisons are just made in good humour as a joke by some posters here , but it seems some have taken it seriously and have taken offence to it, when it was just banter between posters .

zenith

I liked what I saw yesterday. He's calm and composed on the ball, some good skills and decent positioning as well. Great for him to get an assist. Expect him to develop into quite a player.

If we get Sancho, then what an amazing compliment of wide players we can have. Rashford, Sancho, greenwood and amad will be quite something.

ash_86

Technically very sound and a live wire on the pitch. He helped win back so many balls in the midfield which was good to see. One battle against Ndidi was vey interesting to watch. Really happy to see him on the pitch and needs to be involved heavily next season.

sglowrider

You wouldn't know a GOAT if it peed on you.

He needs time to get stronger on the ball. Plenty of promising moves and touches but he's still like men against boys, getting shrugged off with ease by the Leicester players.

sglowrider

He needs time to get stronger on the ball. Plenty of promising moves and touches but he's still like men against boys, getting shrugged off with ease by the Leicester players.
He's a tweenie. Too good for the U23 but not quite there yet for the 1st team.

CG1010

Normally you'd expect talented youngsters such as him to dazzle on the ball but ultimately not so good with off the ball with the discipline in pressing, tracking etc. Strangely it was the opposite with him in his debut - he was quite effective in pressing (as evidenced by our goal) but largely played in his shell while on the ball. He didn't try to do anything particularly fancy. Although one can see he is technically adept so bodes well for the future.

bsCallout

There is no hyperbole regarding Amad. He'll be in team of the year next year and help the Ivory Coast win the WC. Facts are facts.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Technically very sound and a live wire on the pitch. He helped win back so many balls in the midfield which was good to see. One battle against Ndidi was vey interesting to watch. Really happy to see him on the pitch and needs to be involved heavily next season.
Physically he did well and the battle with Ndidi further demonstrated that he can hold his own physically relative to his size.

But the issue he had in this game was that he was getting starved of the ball, which wasn't his fault. The problem was that Leicester were allowing our RB, Williams to have the ball, whilst making it more difficult for us to pass through Telles. So what ends up happening is that Leicester overload their defensive wide space and half space which makes it problematic for Amad to get on the ball and Williams plays exactly to the Leicester blue print.

ash_86

Physically he did well and the battle with Ndidi further demonstrated that he can hold his own physically relative to his size.

But the issue he had in this game was that he was getting starved of the ball, which wasn't his fault. The problem was that Leicester were allowing our RB, Williams to have the ball, whilst making it more difficult for us to pass through Telles. So what ends up happening is that Leicester overload their defensive wide space and half space which makes it problematic for Amad to get on the ball and Williams plays exactly to the Leicester blue print.
Yes, i noticed that too. They were squeezing our full backs and blocking passing lanes. Considering all these and the fact that our right side FB and Wing pair hans't payed a game together yet, this was quite a good show. I'm excited to see once he is integrated with our main team. That should be the aim for the next season hopefully. Now i'm curious what happens to prospect of Sancho arriving.

Classical Mechanic

He was OK. He has very good close control and dribbling but struggled to get into the game. It was a tough assignment because Leicester are very good off the ball. I think he should go on loan next season at a lower level. He doesn't really make a case for not signing Sancho.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
He's only a touch younger than Mason and Mason was killing it pretty early on.

For the amount of noise made about Amad you'd think he'd had a debut like Ronaldo vs Bolton or Rooney vs Fenerbache.

He's got potential but if, for example, we sign Sancho he probably won't be seen very much. Players develop at different rates. Its possible that at 25-26 Amad will be one of the best in the league. But right now he's a long way away from that.
Those are the right comparisons. Yeap.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yes, i noticed that too. They were squeezing our full backs and blocking passing lanes. Considering all these and the fact that our right side FB and Wing pair hans't payed a game together yet, this was quite a good show. I'm excited to see once he is integrated with our main team. That should be the aim for the next season hopefully. Now i'm curious what happens to prospect of Sancho arriving.
Sancho will be a left sided player in the longterm, who can do a job on the right.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Would everyone be praising him if it wasn’t fit to the enormous transfer fee?
would people be dissapointed if it wasn't for the transfer fee?

He looks what he is, a 19 year old kid with bags of talent making his way into mens football with little experience or minutes at this level.

He has shown he's got the attitude and desire to make it at this level, he doesn't hide. He gets stuck in physically against guy much bigger than himself.

Once he starts getting more minutes and confidence we will see the real Amad.

Bondi77

Did well in difficult conditions, looking forward to seeing him and Greenwood making the right flank a strength next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.