5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

luke511

feck Solskjaer for dropping this guy after scoring vs AC Milan. If he had done the right thing and used him, we'd have a 70 million centre midfielder over McTominay right now, instead of a 70 million winger sat on the fecking bench.

IhabX7

feck Solskjaer for dropping this guy after scoring vs AC Milan. If he had done the right thing and used him, we'd have a 70 million centre midfielder over McTominay right now, instead of a 70 million winger sat on the fecking bench.
Bang on. Ole’s a coward.

Strats

Amad is a top talent.

Ole's reluctance to use him or any youth players is one of my biggest issues with him. Absolute coward of a manager.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Only natural right winger we had but we stupidly wasted money on Sancho who is no more ready to contribute on the right anyway.

snk123

Agreed.

He's a better winger than both Greenwood and Rashford because he actually has an idea of what the position requires.
And he actually knows when to pass the ball and when to shoot.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Amad is a top talent.

Ole's reluctance to use him or any youth players is one of my biggest issues with him. Absolute coward of a manager.
If Ole had attempted to integrate the likes of Amad and Hannibal, then I would see some logic in what he was trying to do potentially. But he persevered with players who have never had the technical skills at this level and we resorted to defending with 8 players at home against City who completely dominated us and had us pinned in our own half for long periods of the game. After almost 3 years in the job, it's a big failure to resort to damage control against teams who we were supposed to challenge for the title.

Idxomer

If I were him and Ole stays, I would try to find another club asap.

The same goes for Hannibal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can’t wait for him to go on loan somewhere in January. The sooner he starts playing consistent senior football the better

Davie Moyes

Agree with Adnan and the other posters above. Why are Hannibal and Amad not integrated into the first team squad by now. Dan James was sold and Jesse should have gone too.

I fear we are going to waste the best young talents we've had in years under this management.

We are seeing a waste of resources of both young and also the fringe players in the squad.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
If Ole had attempted to integrate the likes of Amad and Hannibal, then I would see some logic in what he was trying to do potentially. But he persevered with players who have never had the technical skills at this level and we resorted to defending with 8 players at home against City who completely dominated us and had us pinned in our own half for long periods of the game. After almost 3 years in the job, it's a big failure to resort to damage control against teams who we were supposed to challenge for the title.
Totally agree with you. Hannibal, Elanga and Amad, to me, show vastly superior skills to many players in the squad, and also seem to have an excellent work ethic. All three should have been slowly integrated into the playing match squad last season (I know Amad didn't arrive until the new year), and who knows, we might have bought a very good midfield player instead of Sancho, who seems surplus at the moment.
Amad showed terrific skill and awareness the few minutes he had in the first team, all he required was more experience, and there is only one way to do that!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
So apparently he’s now better than Rashford and Greenwood based on a match which wasn’t even televised and no one saw. Funny how they weren’t saying it last week when he was average against Spurs u23. :lol:

And he actually knows when to pass the ball and when to shoot.
Must be why he ran down blind alleys and continuously lost the ball against Spurs last week.

mewnew11

Agree with Adnan and the other posters above. Why are Hannibal and Amad not integrated into the first team squad by now. Dan James was sold and Jesse should have gone too.

I fear we are going to waste the best young talents we've had in years under this management.

We are seeing a waste of resources of both young and also the fringe players in the squad.
No one can explain why we dint let Jesse go and why we extended mata

izec

Because Ole plays players that will give him success i.e. top 4 with established and experienced players. He wont experiment around, he has no time for that. He had time at the start and incorporated Greenwood, but since then, nothing, as the United DNA talk was only to buy time.

Redlyn

So apparently he’s now better than Rashford and Greenwood based on a match which wasn’t even televised and no one saw. Funny how they weren’t saying it last week when he was average against Spurs u23. :lol:

Must be why he ran down blind alleys and continuously lost the ball against Spurs last week.
He is not ready to start over them but could well turn into a better "winger". Those 2 really are not. He is a young player and will be inconsistent.

laughtersassassin

I know the game wasn't televised because if the stupid new under 23 rules but is there going to be any highlights so we get to see Amads other goal and assist?

Amads goal and assist contribution to games ratio for the under 23s must be insane. Say it's comparable to Greenwood

Glorio

Because we're hugely reliant on superstars producing moments of magic. As a result, we don't control any games or create enough of a lead to bring the youngers. Every win is by the skin of our teeth

Glorio

Was is @Mickson (or someone else?) who was convinced that Ole didn't promote youth. We all laughed - beyond doubt right now. Those youngsters have very little chance with such a bloated squad and the frankly substandard coaching available to them

red4ever 79

Was is @Mickson (or someone else?) who was convinced that Ole didn't promote youth. We all laughed - beyond doubt right now. Those youngsters have very little chance with such a bloated squad and the frankly substandard coaching available to them
We don't need this kid. Ole wants 7 at the back without wingers. All to compensate Maguire and Mcfred and his lack of coaching

Mickson

Yep. It's easy to promote youth when you have a meaningless game against Astana and he is new to the job and wants to be popular. As time has gone by, he has gotten more and more careful, IMO he is the most cowardly manager out of LvG, Moyes, and Mourinho. You could see the signs clearly, some just ignored them. Now he has just stopped, he seems to have forgotten about its purpose. It's clear he's all talk, too. No matter if it's youth, philosophy, DNA, he just doesn't have a clue about anything, and his treatment of Amad is proof of that.

I know the game wasn't televised because if the stupid new under 23 rules but is there going to be any highlights so we get to see Amads other goal and assist?

Amads goal and assist contribution to games ratio for the under 23s must be insane. Say it's comparable to Greenwood
Way better, yes, I would say better than everyone I can remember. Greenwood's ratio at U23 level wasn't so special. Greenwood has 7 games, 4 goals and 2 assists for the U23. He teared it up at U18 level though. United were poor under Sgrabia too.

Small sample so far but Amad has played 5 games at U23 level and has 6 goals and 4 assists.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Amad isn’t even ‘youth’ - he’s a 20m-40m signing who was a full pro when bought. By Ole. Who doesn’t seem to have a plan for him, or any other player in all fairness.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Amad isn’t even ‘youth’ - he’s a 20m-40m signing who was a full pro when bought. By Ole. Who doesn’t seem to have a plan for him, or any other player in all fairness.
clearly another transfer committee decision like VDB. Ole might have signed it off but he’s clearly not somebody he desperately wanted.

The kid should have gone to Parma.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
clearly another transfer committee decision like VDB. Ole might have signed it off but he’s clearly not somebody he desperately wanted.

The kid should have gone to Parma.
Well every signing is a committee signing then. Ole isn’t a scout. The fact is, he has a final veto on anyone we buy, including Amad, and he has made reference to the process of following him a few times kver the Atalanta games too.

AFC NimbleThumb

Yep. It's easy to promote youth when you have a meaningless game against Astana and he is new to the job and wants to be popular. As time has gone by, he has gotten more and more careful, IMO he is the most cowardly manager out of LvG, Moyes, and Mourinho. You could see the signs clearly, some just ignored them. Now he has just stopped, he seems to have forgotten about its purpose. It's clear he's all talk, too. No matter if it's youth, philosophy, DNA, he just doesn't have a clue about anything, and his treatment of Amad is proof of that.
Truer words are rarely spoken. Agreed wholeheartedly.

EtH

We paid £70m+ which basically rendered this transfer pointless and the manager can’t even integrate big money Sancho into the team now.

We are a shambles.

mattunited1978

doommonger
This lads the buissness but still happy we signed Sancho, our attacking options in years to come are excellent, we just need a coach who knows what he's doing and isnt terrified to use them.

Greenwood
Rashford
Sancho
Amad
Elanga

As bleak as it looks now, these lads give us something to look forward to with a competent coaching team in place.

tomaldinho1

We have a terrible terrible manager.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Some great touches, could give us creative spark from right side

His touch and the weight of those passes :drool:
This lads the buissness but still happy we signed Sancho, our attacking options in years to come are excellent, we just need a coach who knows what he's doing and isnt terrified to use them.

Greenwood
Rashford
Sancho
Amad
Elanga

As bleak as it looks now, these lads give us something to look forward to with a competent coaching team in place.
Yep, there should be room for promotions with Matic, Mata, Pogba, Cavani and Lingard likely to leave. We might sell Martial and VDB too.

There's also Shola, Laird, Hannibal, Galbraith. Exciting stuff.

I'd personally would like us to:
  • Keep one of Jesse (I think 10 is his best position) or VDB.
  • Replace AWB and Dalot with Trip and Laird
  • Buy a DM and replace DDG with a modern GK
  • Promote some of these kids
ETH or another manager with an attacking style that isn't afraid to play and develop youth would love a squad like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.