5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

simmee

A 5 yard square pass? Jesus, i'm happy for Amad but it seems we cant praise one of our players without shitting on another one.
Was expecting something brilliant and then I see that... Kessie's turn made that goal.

SATA

Good bit of play by him leading him up to the goal but does that even count as an assist? :lol: It was just a simple layoff at the end and the scorer did a great turn and shot

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
For me, I think this kid is our future on the RW. What that means for Sancho, I don’t know, as I imagine he has been signed for that role, but you can just see that Amad is far more naturally suited to the right side.

Walters_19_MuFc

It's probably about the composure and dribble but your point is valid, no need to bring James in this. It is frustrating for many fans that minutes go to James whilst Diallo will be on the bench or playing for the u23's, but that is something different altogether.
I get that but that's not something James can control.

We have a lot of competition in the wide areas next season. Pellistri, from the little i've seen, also looks promising. I just hope we make the right decisions with these players that will allow them to develop in the right way.

Leonzo1

For me, I think this kid is our future on the RW. What that means for Sancho, I don’t know, as I imagine he has been signed for that role, but you can just see that Amad is far more naturally suited to the right side.
Even in the best possible scenario it will take him at least 2 years to prove he can make RW his own. By then Cavani and Martial will move on and we'll have Amad Greenwood Sancho and Rashford for the forward positions. This won't be a problem, it's up to him to prove he belongs with the very best.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If you pay heed to what the Dortmund fans then Sancho's really good on the left as well, at the very least sounds like we have contingency plans if players don't work out for whatever reason.

Walters_19_MuFc

Even in the best possible scenario it will take him at least 2 years to prove he can make RW his own. By then Cavani and Martial will move on and we'll have Amad Greenwood Sancho and Rashford for the forward positions. This won't be a problem, it's up to him to prove he belongs with the very best.
100%. Throw Pellistri in there, too.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Still along way off the standard to be included in the starting 11 for United, in fact he probably looks a little off being included in the matchday squad for anything other than the weaker teams.
Signs of potential but a long way to go with Amad yet.

mav_9me

Still along way off the standard to be included in the starting 11 for United, in fact he probably looks a little off being included in the matchday squad for anything other than the weaker teams.
I have been a huge fan of Amad. And it's way too early but that video worries me cuz he showed a lack of change of pace. He played worryingly like Mata nowadays. Hopefully he plays like Mata from early 20s.

laughtersassassin

Disagree on the squad bit. Should be ahead of James and Mata in my book.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
0:58 in that comp is the best part. Inch perfect pass like that is what he put on a platter to James a few times for us

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I get that but that's not something James can control.

We have a lot of competition in the wide areas next season. Pellistri, from the little i've seen, also looks promising. I just hope we make the right decisions with these players that will allow them to develop in the right way.
I can only agree with that.

BlahRules

I think Amad will become our Mata, as the right playmaker. Never seen a player of his age be able to execute passes with such precious for a very long time. With his talent I think he will be dangerous whatever forward position he plays and won't hamper others.

luke511

Champ

Disagree on the squad bit. Should be ahead of James and Mata in my book.
Meh, maybe Mata but James has his uses and is a completely different player to Amad so will offer us something different.

luke511

Because he's good enough to be playing in our weakest position (7 years strong). You say he's a long way away, he's already one of the most gifted passers in the squad.

Champ

Because he's good enough to be playing in our weakest position (7 years strong). You say he's a long way away, he's already one of the most gifted passers in the squad.
Come on, really?!

He's not going to get in over Sancho on the right, nor will he play through the middle as backup over Lingard et al, James is above him in the pecking order currently, and rightly so.
I still expect Amad to be loaned out in order for him to get the game time to carry on his development.
Put it this way, Greenwood is the same age as Diallo and has 105 senior appearances, Amad has 8. There's a long way to go with him yet and patience must be given.

luke511

Come on, really?!

He's not going to get in over Sancho on the right, nor will he play through the middle as backup over Lingard et al, James is above him in the pecking order currently, and rightly so.
I still expect Amad to be loaned out in order for him to get the game time to carry on his development.
Put it this way, Greenwood is the same age as Diallo and has 105 senior appearances, Amad has 8. There's a long way to go with him yet and patience must be given.
Watch more of him and you'll probably get it. He's been very impressive every game I've seen him play for the seniors and U23s, he's a huge talent. If you can't see that then fair enough, I'd go as far to say he's one of the most talented teenagers at passing the ball I've ever seen, pure consistency.

Last edited:

Champ

Watch more of him and you'll probably get it. He's been very impressive every game I've seen him play for the seniors and U23s, he's a huge talent. If you can't see that then fair enough, I'd go as fair to say he's one of the most talented teenagers at passing the ball I've ever seen, pure consistency.
I can see he's a talent, I havent said anything of the contrary.

He's been Ok in his handful of senior apperances, and he's performed decent for the u23's, but to say he's first team ready is slightly premature.

His passing range is again decent, I wouldn't go so far to say its one of the best in the squad, don't forget we have Bruno, Pogba, Mata all who are exceptional with their passing, also Maguire and Cavani deserve a mention here too. So yeah, I don't see Amad as being ahead of any of them players in terms of passing range.

Based on current status right now, and bear in mind that none of us can see what goes on behind closed doors in training, Amad is behind Sancho, James and Rashford (depending on fitness) for the right hand position.

Womp

idiot
Clearly extremely gifted, also clearly not ready. Things like his composure, aggressiveness, directness etc. need work. Luckily those are aspects of his game he can improve with time and experience.

TsuWave

Good bit of play by him leading him up to the goal but does that even count as an assist? :lol: It was just a simple layoff at the end and the scorer did a great turn and shot
If that doesn't count as an assist then Bruno's assist record will suffer a major hit

pacifictheme

Left wing which quite a few Dortmund fans think is his best position.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Kesse could have laid it off to his left again simply enough. It would have been a chance at least. Some players might have just crossed it from deep. He seems to have a good football brain and his technique is there for all to see. I agree that physically he still looks a way off but he can still be explosive. You just don’t want to see him get hurt and he will if he starts playing regularity in the PL. PL 2 is not the answer though. He’s above that and has been since the minute he arrived

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Left wing which quite a few Dortmund fans think is his best position.
I also think it’s his best position, which I’ve said many times, but you would still assume he will be deployed predominantly on the right. Sancho on the left gets a whole different level of excitement from me about his United prospects. As a RW, I’m more interested in Amad’s development.

Still, Rashford appears to be an untouchable and is also a left winger.

luke511

I can see he's a talent, I havent said anything of the contrary.

He's been Ok in his handful of senior apperances, and he's performed decent for the u23's, but to say he's first team ready is slightly premature.

His passing range is again decent, I wouldn't go so far to say its one of the best in the squad, don't forget we have Bruno, Pogba, Mata all who are exceptional with their passing, also Maguire and Cavani deserve a mention here too. So yeah, I don't see Amad as being ahead of any of them players in terms of passing range.

Based on current status right now, and bear in mind that none of us can see what goes on behind closed doors in training, Amad is behind Sancho, James and Rashford (depending on fitness) for the right hand position.
He's been fantastic in the U23s, he's hardly featured in the seniors but when he has he's scored a decisive goal vs AC Milan in the knockouts, assisted Greenwood vs Leicester and put in a MOTM performance vs Wolves, a little more than just an 'OK'. I have Bruno Pogba Sancho and Cavani above him currently for creative passing, everyone else he's as good as or better, that's my opinion, I'm aware to the fact my praise is preemptive, but I watch a crazy amount of football (it's a part of my job) so I like to think I have a good eye for it. He's easily already good enough to be on the bench over James and Mata.

pacifictheme

I also think it’s his best position, which I’ve said many times, but you would still assume he will be deployed predominantly on the right. Sancho on the left gets a whole different level of excitement from me about his United prospects. As a RW, I’m more interested in Amad’s development.

Still, Rashford appears to be an untouchable and is also a left winger.
He sure is. Fighting the tories tooth and nail. Good lad.

I don't think he's untouchable. The dream is for Amad to get good enough to seriously challenge sancho and Rashford for a wide starting place. We want options, lots of games to play every season.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Clearly extremely gifted, also clearly not ready. Things like his composure, aggressiveness, directness etc. need work. Luckily those are aspects of his game he can improve with time and experience.
How do his composure and aggressiveness, directness need work?

Watching him I find him more aggressive in his pressing than Martial/Greenwood/Rashford for example.

Champ

He's been fantastic in the U23s, he's hardly featured in the seniors but when he has he's scored a decisive goal vs AC Milan in the knockouts, assisted Greenwood vs Leicester and put in a MOTM performance vs Wolves, a little more than just an 'OK'. I have Bruno Pogba Sancho and Cavani above him currently for creative passing, everyone else he's as good as or better, that's my opinion, I'm aware to the fact my praise is preemptive, but I watch a crazy amount of football (it's a part of my job) so I like to think I have a good eye for it. He's easily already good enough to be on the bench over James and Mata.
I think you are blowing his performances massively out of proportion, he played well against Wolves, but Elanga outshone him for me and not just because he scored (this is alos reflected in the match ratings after the game). I'm not knocking any credentials you feel you may have regarding football, that is the beauty of football the fact that multiple people can have different views on the same thing, however your praise is efusive and slightly overblown i feel.

I'm afraid we will have to disagree regarding whether he is good enough for a place on the bench. I feel he isn't ready for the step up just yet, and by all accounts Ole and the coaching staff seem to think likewise.

luke511

I think you are blowing his performances massively out of proportion, he played well against Wolves, but Elanga outshone him for me and not just because he scored (this is alos reflected in the match ratings after the game). I'm not knocking any credentials you feel you may have regarding football, that is the beauty of football the fact that multiple people can have different views on the same thing, however your praise is efusive and slightly overblown i feel.

I'm afraid we will have to disagree regarding whether he is good enough for a place on the bench. I feel he isn't ready for the step up just yet, and by all accounts Ole and the coaching staff seem to think likewise.
Fair enough, you're right about my praise being effusive :lol:

misterparsley

On the subject of youth development...I am reading True Genius by Wayne Barton (its about Best) and in it he talks about how after Munich, a number of youth team players were brought in to the 1st team. Partly through necessity, but mostly because of the clubs philosophy. Even though they were extremely talented and did really well, he reckons this post-Munich period cost 10 players their careers, because their normal development was curtailed and the pressure of 1st team football was too much both mentally and physically.

So regarding Amad, we can see that he is talented, but to burden him with a regular spot next season is too much too soon in my opionion. He should either be allowed to go out on loan or used sparingly. Maybe let him do well in another league as he develops physically and tactically.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The classic turn, feint, feint again and assist, I see it as well mate.
Think it’s more the composure. The pass itself was not that spectacular, but the patience to wait, wait, and wait again before releasing the ball to ensure you do it right rather than just do it quickly is something that few have, especially at a young age and is the quality most reminiscent of the Argentine there I think.

luke511

Think it’s more the composure. The pass itself was not that spectacular, but the patience to wait, wait, and wait again before releasing the ball to ensure you do it right rather than just do it quickly is something that few have, especially at a young age and is the quality most reminiscent of the Argentine there I think.
Agreed.

Sea-Cow

Does anyone else worry about his pace? I see he has the touch and ability to put defenders off balance, but then he doesn't have the quickness to actually get by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.