5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

It's easy to see the technique and ability he's got, I do think he lacks pace may be due to him being injured lately though.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He looks like a player that was knocking on a first team door about a year ago, then suddenly frozen out for 11 months.

Not surprising he looks a little rusty, as a club, we need to start loaning these youngsters out right away if we have no intention of playing them (I know his summer move fell through due to injury) but he was deemed ready for a loan August 2020 by Atalanta - we've genuinely stunted his development.

led_scholes

I thought he was our best attacker today after Greenwood. But honestly everytime I have watched him, he has impressed me.

gajender

Can't agree with anyone who says he looks long way off from playing for first team he looks like a player who could develop exponentially if given regular minutes in very short time and it's not that uncommon for talented youngsters to grow and develop their game quite quickly once they start getting regular exposure in terms of playing time , that's whats needed for Amad whether it's here with us or in form of a loan but he needs to get going soon as he had already lost crucial year and half of his development.

Siorac

It’s bizarre how little football he’s played. Scored this goal over a month ago and I don’t think he’s played a minute at any level since. Until tonight. Makes no sense.
That Feyenoord loan falling through because of the injury was really the worst thing that could have happened, atrocious timing.

I guess he'll go out on loan in January.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Will the AFCON scupper any chances of a January loan? They start on the 9th of Jan and the final is on the 6th of Feb. Even if Ivory Coast don’t make it out of the group stage, Amad comes back on the 20th.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Final squads haven't been announced. I doubt he would even play much if called up
A wasted year of development then.

He looked unsurprisingly off the pace -- slowish reactions/first touch and wasn't confident to take his man on. Not like when he was playing prior to his injury.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
A wasted year of development then.

He looked unsurprisingly off the pace -- slowish reactions/first touch and wasn't confident to take his man on. Not like when he was playing prior to his injury.
He is still young but tbh not much should be expected for at least 2-3 more years as he's barely in Italy

Rossa

He looks to have great technique and a good passer. However, he's not a winger that stretches play and runs in behind. He doesn't have the top speed for that. Short legs and all that - Messi never did either, he turned out alright. Amad does look to have great acceleration though, but that defender of theirs got away with kicking him around just as he pleased.

Godfather

He looks a talent but if Rangnick things Greenwood needs to develop physically what will he think of Amad? He really is tiny.

Kostov

You can see he has ability and a good head, he is also a kid that needs time and patience. I hope we provide that, because after Mason he is clearly the best talent we have.

The Hilton

He looks a talent but if Rangnick things Greenwood needs to develop physically what will he think of Amad? He really is tiny.
I think Rangnick was referring to fitness more than strength for Mason - he mentioned several times about turning him into an "athlete". While I think Amad could use the same treatment, I don't think it's necessarily about either of them bulking up (although Amad will need to get stronger, but some of that will come naturally as he's so young still).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Considering he has only played a few reserve games that was a good performance. He worked so hard, probably defended the RB position more than AWB managed.

On another day he should have had 2 assists.

I really like him, you could tell he isn't full fit but he never stops fighting and working. As others have mentioned you can see he's got that extra bit of quality with his control and vision.

GueRed

Gifted young talent.

Again if he has the right mentality he will be a top player.

Time will tell.

Glorio

Has anyone ever seen him do a player by going on the outside onto his right foot? He constantly comes back onto his left and I’m wondering if at the top level that may be found out. Technically wonderful of course. I’d imagine him and Sancho play some amazing stuff in training.
I watched a small sided training game clip with Amad, Sancho, Rashford and someone else I don't recall on one side versus another team which to be fair had lot's of unknown youngsters, with Mejbri their only semi-known player outside the U-23s. Amad, Sancho, and Rashford were basically toying with them for the entire duration

hungrywing

Can't agree with anyone who says he looks long way off from playing for first team he looks like a player who could develop exponentially if given regular minutes in very short time and it's not that uncommon for talented youngsters to grow and develop their game quite quickly once they start getting regular exposure in terms of playing time , that's whats needed for Amad whether it's here with us or in form of a loan but he needs to get going soon as he had already lost crucial year and half of his development.
+1

I'd even question the loan thing. If there's a fine line between "needs first team football" and "needs first team football here", he looks like he falls into the latter category; technique, vision, composure are all there. Just need to start acclimating the officiating to him to let his game blossom, AKA don't let opposition defenders get away with fouling him.

gajender

+1

I'd even question the loan thing. If there's a fine line between "needs first team football" and "needs first team football here", he looks like he falls into the latter category; technique, vision, composure are all there. Just need to start acclimating the officiating to him to let his game blossom, AKA don't let opposition defenders get away with fouling him.
To be honest even I am in the camp of getting him game time here and now with us , we certainly have space for him to get some minutes , Amad along with Sancho behind strikers could be tasty once he settles .

Hoof the ball

For those that are interested, by the numbers.

• Registered more touches in 68 mins (38) than Elanga did in 90 mins (37).
  • Fifth highest number of presses (16) in team. Would probably have been top two (Elanga with 27!) if played 90 mins.
  • 86.4% on passes. Two progressive passes made.
  • 27 carries made, but 6 of them was progressive ones (team highest).
He did well. The signs are good.

Minute for minute, probably the team leader in presses. By far the most progressive carrier of the ball.

hungrywing

• Fifth highest number of presses (16) in team. Would probably have been top two (Elanga with 27!) if played 90 mins.

Minute for minute, probably the team leader in presses. By far the most progressive carrier of the ball.
What of the oft-mentioned stats regarding him being eight inches shorter and ninety pounds lighter than the average PL player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Don't forget the amount of times he was charging back to cover for AWB also. He spent just as much time in our box as the oppositions.

When Elanga was resting up front Amad was fighting for the team.

He works extremely hard. He isn't anywhere near fully fit either. Imagine what he's like after a run of games?

iHicksy

If you think Amad needs to get stronger I suggest going back and watching some his games for Atlanta. Guy is absolutely fantastic at holding up the ball and his work rate bullying people off it was highly impressive. Especially for a winger. There's no issues with his physicality even at this age.

luke511

It's a shame Jones, Heaton and even Lingard made the bench over Amad yesterday, he can string passes together better than most of the team so he could've been useful. We have to see Sancho and Amad together as the 2 10s before he's loaned out surely.

Tallis

Feel like he can replace Bruno in the long run. His vision, through balls and finishing seem to be the best part of his game, so I wonder if he will be best through the middle.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
The Dutch are reporting the Feyenoord deal is off.

They're saying we might not want to loan him out at all, which contradicts our beloved Italian aggregator.

IRN-BRUno

Not sure the Feyenoord move would have been too successful anyway. They took Reiss Nelson on loan from Arsenal instead and he's only played 177 minutes in the league, his only start in all comps came in the Conference League when they were already guaranteed top spot.

If he goes out on loan in January it should be to a Championship side where it's more likely he'll get regular game time.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Not sure the Feyenoord move would have been too successful anyway. They took Reiss Nelson on loan from Arsenal instead and he's only played 177 minutes in the league, his only start in all comps came in the Conference League when they were already guaranteed top spot.

If he goes out on loan in January it should be to a Championship side where it's more likely he'll get regular game time.
It's rather cos Reiss has just been poor, Jahanbaksh and Toornstra have been poor but he cant get ahead of them on the right.

He also took time to get fit, his intensity wasnt enough.

VanDeBank

Ma’am

Nelson is a pace merchant and not very good. He also came in unfit and got injured attempting to get fit. They have Guus Til on loan and he plays every game.

Anyway, now is the perfect time to send kids on loan. We have a bloated squad with a bunch of players riding out their final year (Cavani, Pogba, Lingard, Mata). They can cover in case of suspensions and injuries if they can't be moved during the January clear out.

If Amad, Elanga, Mejbri aren't starters or the first players off the bench they're better off on loan.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Over 20 clubs interested in taking him on loan in January.

Still to be decided where he goes, but club is 100% open to loaning him in January.

MDFC Manager

Still to be decided where he goes, but club is 100% open to loaning him in January.
Surely we should keep him at this point, especially if Martial leaves?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

Good he needs minutes and could get them at a decent level as well. Not sure if they are a club interested but Ajax or a German side would be ideal.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Good he needs minutes and could get them at a decent level as well. Not sure if they are a club interested but Ajax or a German side would be ideal.
No way Ajax will loan him, they have plenty of attacking options.

Status
Not open for further replies.