5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RuudTom83

I thought signing them two was signalling our intent that we're moving on from Sancho, only for us to go and sign him the next window for £73m anyway :lol:
I mentioned this at the time of the Sancho signing. Nothing against Sancho as a player but 2 young wingers bought the previous year, plus a young Mason already in the team…yeah let’s add another young winger into the squad for 75 million…everyone will be happy!

foolsgold

Needs to be somewhere where he can play on a regular basis, I'd be happy to see him in the championship or the Scottish Premier league. He should shine at these kind of levels. If he doesn't then at least we'll know.

dutchred

Still hope he goes to Feyenoord. Arno Slot is one of the best young coaches in Holland.

FromTheBench

We have mengi and Chong already on loan at Birmingham.

Can we loan them one more? Waht are the rules these days?

Mickson

Chong is with us. He got injured.

Amad deal might be off according to Romano.
He is with United because he is injured. Bowyer has said that he hopes that Chong will play for them again this season, which means he is eligible and formally a Birmingham player until June.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Probably bulshit as its coming from the mail , but him going to derby might not be too bad as he'll get regular game time.

Mickson

Weird that no top teams want him. I mean, Barnsley and Derby are pretty much already going down and Birmingham is pretty bad right now too.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Weird that no top teams want him. I mean, Barnsley and Derby are pretty much already going down and Birmingham is pretty bad right now too.
Derby will probably end up being safe, especially with a decent transfer window now that they can bring players in.

The top teams all have settled first XI's/core 14-15 players that they use so won't want to rock the boat.

Without their points deduction, Derby would be comfortably midtable so they're not a bad side.

Mickson

Derby will probably end up being safe, especially with a decent transfer window now that they can bring players in.

The top teams all have settled first XI's/core 14-15 players that they use so won't want to rock the boat.

Without their points deduction, Derby would be comfortably midtable so they're not a bad side.
I know all this but the odds are still not in their favor.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
More importantly for me Elanga has done some good things by the stats when he has played his few matches. He's scored goals from just a few chances and then when he didnt last time out, he made our most presses on the pitch and did it from a striker role. So if you cant see why a manager would be happy with a young player going out onto the pitch and delivering in those ways, you'll never be happy.

Those are the things Amad needs to do as well and sometimes he has done with a nice set up for someone else, but he needs to deliver more consistently like Elanga has done in his few outings.
Amad had some of the highest presser p90 minutes when he was given minutes under Ole, over the likes of Rashford, Sancho have now.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Most teams don’t want to take an 18 year old winger/no.10 and do the key bits of developing him only for the parent club to take him back and loan him to a better side/keep/sell themselves for profit. Especially in January. It makes sense why it’s only the desperate sort of clubs interested.

Supposedly we want to keep him in England to preserve homegrown status too, (however true that is I don’t know). I feel like someone said that on here or quoted a Romano or something. If so, that excludes the likes of Feyenoord and any other mid level leagues interested.

Drizzle

Championship is a tough, physical league. There's no doubt Amad's main issue right now is his physicality, so I understand why many clubs may feel he's a risk, for all his classy technique.

Someone like Elanga would be less of a risk, although he may be more raw technically.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Still hope he goes to Feyenoord. Arno Slot is one of the best young coaches in Holland.
We need more central depth rather than wing depth. I would love him but we got Reiss Nelson from Arsenal on loan already, unless we cancel that I dont see this happening. I would love Garner or Galbraith on loan though.

laughtersassassin

Must be doing something right :lol:

Also looks like it won't be Derby anyway

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
:drool:

His technique and imagination has to pay off even better in smaller spaces while his athleticism doesn’t matter as much, I’d imagine.

Hopefully we’ll find a good side to loan him to.

Hoof the ball

:drool:

His technique and imagination has to pay off even better in smaller spaces while his athleticism doesn’t matter as much, I’d imagine.

Hopefully we’ll find a good side to loan him to.
He'll need a good fecking imagination with the amount of minutes he's getting for us right now. :lol:

Red Rash

Would love him to move on loan to a mid table or bott table PL team who have a decent style of play.

Really think we have a player with huge potential but he is probably needs to prove he can handle the physical aspect of the PL.

I think if he can join a team where he can play 15+ first team games before the end of the season will do wonders for his development.

laughtersassassin

Man has been given 2 and half games total this season between the under 23s and first team.

That's some criminal attempt at development.

The fact he wasn't loaned due to injury and never plays for the first team means we should have been playing him atleast every third or so under 23 games

Terrible development by the club. Watch that performance versus wolves.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...

Man has been given 2 and half games total this season between the under 23s and first team.

The fact he wasn't loaned due to injury and never plays for the first team means we should have been playing him atleast every third or so under 23 games

U23s have played 6 matches since he returned, he’s played 2. Thats 1/3 just like you asked for.

laughtersassassin

U23s have played 6 matches since he returned, he’s played 2. Thats 1/3 just like you asked for.
He played the first ones just as he got back from injury.

First one he wasn't at all fit.

Second one he tore it up and got two goals and an assist.

No matter what way we slice it it's been poor development of him by the club.

Literally the best player in the 23s every time he has played bar his first game back from injury.

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of

The weight of that pass for the James chance is delicious

Matt851

He was about to go on loan where he would probably have started regularly before we bought him. Seems like we might be trying to ruin another young player

NoPace

Championship is a tough, physical league. There's no doubt Amad's main issue right now is his physicality, so I understand why many clubs may feel he's a risk, for all his classy technique.

Someone like Elanga would be less of a risk, although he may be more raw technically.
I don't watch the Champo apart from the playoffs but Whoscored suggest Diangana has been horrible for West Brom and Nottingham Forest don't have a RW of even average quality.

The Prem has gotten so deep it's tough to find a loan team that makes sense and immediately sticks Amad on the right.

Surprised Southampton aren't in for him actually. Could make the case they're playing most like Rangnick and their wingers are the weak spot on the team. Broja looks good and the other spots are a mess.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't know about that, it all went wrong right after we sold Dan, remember how optimistic we were after those first three games. Who could have forseen that Dan was the key to making Oleball work :lol:
When we sold James or signed Ronaldo? :wenger:

flameinthesun

Has to be a loan to Derby. Championship is a strong, physical league with good quality teams. Probably on par with the Dutch league. He'd have a manager who most likely would play him which is the key thing here. Would be perfect to develop him.

Outside of that our handling of him is another in a long line of bad youth player handling. This kid has played a handful of reserve games and a few random minutes here and there. Hes talked as one of the most exciting talents and is roughly playing 1 full game a month...how that can be good for his development is beyond me. We seem to get stuck in Limbo with some players where they don't really play in reserve games in favour of training with the first team, but then get (if they are lucky) half an hour of first team football in a month, recent example being angel gomes, tuanzebe etc.

CloneMC16

That James miss :lol:

He looked good in that. Especially the ball through to James.

I hope we can get him a loan to the Championship. If we can't do that, anywhere is better than him staying here and wasting another 5 months of the season. He's already wasted a decent amount of development time by staying here.

Bondi77

I agree.
WTF was the sense in buying Sancho when we had this young talent on the books and Mason on the RW because all we are seeing is Sancho struggling and Amad getting no game time!
The big money signings we have recently made have been nothing short of disastrous!

Status
Not open for further replies.