Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

Still no loan lined up.

Again I see no reason why he shouldn't have been sent out in loan of January 1st.

All we are doing is robbing him of development time

Last edited:

mattunited1978

doommonger
I agree.
WTF was the sense in buying Sancho when we had this young talent on the books and Mason on the RW because all we are seeing is Sancho struggling and Amad getting no game time!
The big money signings we have recently made have been nothing short of disastrous!
Sancho's came into a horrible environment and has really struggled, but he's a superb talent. You would hope eventually he'l find his confidence and form. In relation to Amad and Greenwood, they actually complent each other, Sancho is better from the left, Amad from the right and Greenwood as CF

Everything around the club is depressing at the minute, im just hoping things start to turn at some point, weed out the bad apples, get the right permanent managr etc..Then going forward, a front 3 of..

LW Sancho
CF Greenwood
RW Amad

Could be devastating, most clubs in the world would love to have 3 u21 players like them in there system. We just need the right Manager to make the most of it, Ole was absolutely useless at it, for all the United DNA shite he spouted, his actions were the exact opposite. Ralfs very much a work in progress.

laughtersassassin

Negotiations are never linear.
We had since the summer to agree a loan with someone.....

There is no good justification for it.

All we are doing is harming our own investment. It's bizarre.

Needs game time somewhere and he doesn't play any football here. Not even for the 23s. That can't be good.

Woodenlung

Not even in the squad. To be honest I'm not sure what he has to do to get a look in. Looks far more comfortable in possession and when dribbling than our other forwards. I'm willing to concede that Solksjaer and Rangnick know more about him than me, but from the outside his absence is confusing.

For a long time we've complained about not getting the potential superstar player before his move to a side like Dortmund. We might be seeing why that is. I worry we're not going to get the best out of him here. Too much pressure for results and we won't take a risk.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Not even in the squad. To be honest I'm not sure what he has to do to get a look in. Looks far more comfortable in possession and when dribbling than our other forwards. I'm willing to concede that Solksjaer and Rangnick know more about him than me, but from the outside his absence is confusing.

For a long time we've complained about not getting the potential superstar player before his move to a side like Dortmund. We might be seeing why that is. I worry we're not going to get the best out of him here. Too much pressure for results and we won't take a risk.
He might be close to an agreement to go on loan elsewhere hence why not in the squad. We're thin on the bench with a space spare so don't see why we wouldn't put him on the bench if he wasn't about to leave.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Can anyone please let me know why was he not on the bench? There was clearly one more spot for the bench and we saw him in training pictures. This makes zero sense that we would rather have 8 subs if he’s going out on loan. We even started James before he left the club in the summer.

AneRu

Looking at how all our senior forwards are out of sorts he should at least get opportunities from the bench. Both him and Donny look like they could contribute but our managers seem determined to die with their select group as if the club doesn't have youth prospects and underused players that can hold the ball and not shit themselves in the process.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Again not with the squad, doesnt play with the U23's, no loan lined up yet. United just casually trying their best to ruin another bright career.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I agree.
WTF was the sense in buying Sancho when we had this young talent on the books and Mason on the RW because all we are seeing is Sancho struggling and Amad getting no game time!
The big money signings we have recently made have been nothing short of disastrous!
Ole wasn't very good at coaching youth, or at least at that seems to be what he believed himself. Also, the plan was clearly to transition Greenwood to CF. I still think that could happen and Amad's future is in his own hands. Martial and Cavani are out the door next season and Ronaldo won't be here very long regardless.

It's been too long with kids coming through, actually makes me sort of sad we've been going the galactico route :(

Just imagine ETH taking a serious look at Elanga, Amad, Shola, Laird, Garner, Mengi next season :drool:

laughtersassassin

Not in the squad, not on loan and Never plays for the under 23s.

We should be ashamed wasting a young players early years like this.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
It will be sorted soon, don’t worry.

You’d be surprised at the number and calibre of clubs interested in taking him on loan.

It’s about ensuring we (and Amad) pick the best possible loan. He may not necessarily pick the biggest team. The ball is very much in his court atm though.

It’s a bit strange in some ways that Elanga was seen as the bigger talent when Ole was here, and it is seemingly the same under Ralph.

United in sin

If he was really good, he'd be playing in Cameroon right now.
Cameroon has a stacked squad man, and Amad hasn't been getting enough first team minutes to justify a call up even as a wild card.
Hannibal on the other hand got lucky with Tunisia because they have a shortage of midfielders. They went out for broke to convince Hannibal to ditch France.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

You’d be surprised at the number and calibre of clubs interested in taking him on loan.

It’s about ensuring we (and Amad) pick the best possible loan. He may not necessarily pick the biggest team. The ball is very much in his court atm though.

It’s a bit strange in some ways that Elanga was seen as the bigger talent when Ole was here, and it is seemingly the same under Ralph.
Very much doubt bigger talent, maybe more ready to play their horrible football based on the capacity to run/work.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Why is it strange?

Elanga is a better player currently than Amad, more developed, stronger, faster and just as technical.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Why is it strange?

Elanga is a better player currently than Amad, more developed, stronger, faster and just as technical.
Nowhere near as technical. And you use developed for faster and stronger.

Whenever they played in the U23, Amad looked a class above him and similarly actually for the last games of the season last year.

Bwuk

Amad is a better footballer than Elanga, but doesn’t have Elangas explosiveness.

I’m very disappointed at how we’ve used him since he signed. I think he’s a far better player than quite a few who’ve had minutes ahead of him.

Champ

Nowhere near as technical. And you use developed for faster and stronger.

Whenever they played in the U23, Amad looked a class above him and similarly actually for the last games of the season last year.
I can't say I've seen Amad be better than Elanga in any game that he has played.

Elanga is the real deal right now, he's an exciting player, Amad is no where near ready for a first team spot just yet.

Champ

That's just wrong.
How so? In your opinion maybe?

In mine it's not, there's obviously underlying reasons as to why Amad hasn't had more opportunities in the first team thus far, but Elanga has been knocking on the door for quite a while now, and has looked every inch the full ticket, Amad however hasn't as yet.

luke511

Amad is a better footballer than Elanga, but doesn’t have Elangas explosiveness.

I’m very disappointed at how we’ve used him since he signed. I think he’s a far better player than quite a few who’ve had minutes ahead of him.
Yep. It looks like Rangnick prioritises athleticism and strength above other qualities like technical ability, which is a bit of a worrying sign to me going into his director role. A team built with technical players brings you consistency and gives you the best chance at winning games and titles, so why not give one of your best technical talents a chance with the first team after paying so much money for him? It stinks of shit.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Ffs, we're not selling Amad at a loss just because he got injured and didnt go on loan.

"Suit all parties", except us?

Lots of clubs want him on loan, including Feyenoord. He is a good player and if our next appointment has eyeballs he'll see that as well.
Italian journos are now saying Napoli would like him on loan if they cannot have Alvarez, who is their main target.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I can't say I've seen Amad be better than Elanga in any game that he has played.

Elanga is the real deal right now, he's an exciting player, Amad is no where near ready for a first team spot just yet.
Then I know for a fact you didnt watch the Wolves game where Amad had a MOTM performance.

Elanga is far from the real deal now, he is currently more useful than Rashford and Sancho though but worries no team. He doesnt create anything and isn't a threat to score either. He works incredibly hard, is fast, and stretches the play, which is enough to start given our current dire situation.

lex talionis

Is it true we spent roughly 30m for each Diallo, Pellistri and Van De Beek? Players who, of course, are nowhere near getting any kind of first team action.

Bondi77

There are a lot of good footballers running around that do not have what it takes to cut it in the Premier League.....sad but true.

GledTheRed

Cameroon has a stacked squad man, and Amad hasn't been getting enough first team minutes to justify a call up even as a wild card.
Hannibal on the other hand got lucky with Tunisia because they have a shortage of midfielders. They went out for broke to convince Hannibal to ditch France.
He's Ivorian.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Is it true we spent roughly 30m for each Diallo, Pellistri and Van De Beek? Players who, of course, are nowhere near getting any kind of first team action.
Amad was for 18m + 18 m ( in performance bonus) while Pellistri is 5-6m. Both these purchase were for future so we should be little patient before writing them off.

Why invest in youth if you dont have patience for it? Its way too early for both of them

United in sin

Amad was for 18m + 18 m ( in performance bonus) while Pellistri is 5-6m. Both these purchase were for future so we should be little patient before writing them off.

Why invest in youth if you dont have patience for it? Its way too early for both of them
It seems this is the general thinking in England about youth and it's wrong. Talented English kids have a better chance showcasing their skills abroad.

Do you think it was too early for Sancho and Bellingham when they left England young and got thier chances? We had to pay a premium for Sancho and Bellingham will probably command an even larger transfer fee just a few years later (to whoever signs him).

Bellingham would've never been a regular at United had we signed him at 16. He'd be watching Fred and McTominay.

Im not saying this automatically applies to Amad's situation but I doubt we'd even know if he's ready given his limited game time and this general attitude of not trusting youth in England

Teja

Yep. It looks like Rangnick prioritises athleticism and strength above other qualities like technical ability, which is a bit of a worrying sign to me going into his director role. A team built with technical players brings you consistency and gives you the best chance at winning games and titles, so why not give one of your best technical talents a chance with the first team after paying so much money for him? It stinks of shit.
Yet another thing that boils down into what your vision for football is. Pep v Klopp, Germany v Spain, Intensity / Athleticism vs Technique etc.

Do we hire Ten Hag, try to copy what City / Barca do and keep rebuilding for another 5 years potentially unsucessfully? Or do we mostly rely on pace, power with a bit of technique in the right areas to get us by?

Of course there's the 3rd, more pragmatic way - hire and fire pragmatists like Mourinho, Simeone, Conte, Allegri, Tuchel and yes even Ole and make it work without committing to either approach. This is the hardest balancing act to pull off and it might work for Chelsea but it clearly doesn't for us.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I’m baffled that Murtough (by all accounts) went in heavy for Hannibal and Amad before he got his promotion, watched OGS overlook them, but has not been quick in sorting out loans for them now that he’s got more clout. That’s up to 50 million of investment sitting by at a crucial time in their development. There’s no shame in them not playing for the first team as long as they’re on loan some where helpful. Chelsea and Liverpool find loans all the time, look at Colwill bossing the Championship at Huddersfield. Both of those clubs have a named person in charge of loans as well.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I’m baffled that Murtough (by all accounts) went in heavy for Hannibal and Amad before he got his promotion, watched OGS overlook them, but has not been quick in sorting out loans for them now that he’s got more clout. That’s up to 50 million of investment sitting by at a crucial time in their development. There’s no shame in them not playing for the first team as long as they’re on loan some where helpful. Chelsea and Liverpool find loans all the time, look at Colwill bossing the Championship at Huddersfield. Both of those clubs have a named person in charge of loans as well.
Amad was on his way to Feyenoord before injury put paid to his chances of a loan last summer. So if it wasn't for injury, he'd have been out on loan already. Currently they're possibly mulling over the right club to send him to. Pellestri according to reports wanted to join Alaves, which hasn't turned out well for him for various reasons. So imo, the club are possibly trying to steer Amad to choose a club that possibly suits his skillset, which is likely a club that looks to impose their game on the opposition.

Hannibal playing in the Arab Cup and then AFCON, has given him valuable experience playing mens football. I also think he may also come straight into the first team reckoning, after he returns from the AFCON. He could become a potential option in one of the two roles as the #8, in a 433.

Status
Not open for further replies.